I understand some android phones allow different notification sounds for different apps.

The directions are to go through settings - apps - my apps - manage notifications -

Then chose the type of sound

On my OnePlus 8 I have just on/off sliders for Hide, Ringtone, & vibrate. No option to select the sound.

Is this it, am I at a deadend?
    09-07-2022 01:17 PM
    Is this for all apps, or only certain ones? Some apps may not let you customize the tone.

Show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    09-07-2022 01:35 PM
    have you tapped the on off switch for ringtone or the word ringtone itself to let you see if it's Alexa sound?
    09-07-2022 01:42 PM
    Long press the app you want different sound>tap info>tap notification>tap notification catagories then tap each sub menu there
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-07-2022 01:46 PM
    Long press the app you want different sound>tap info>tap notification>tap notification catagories then tap each sub menu there
    THANKS!!! This is it. Each category can be changed. I thought those were just on/off for each category. WOW, even more customizable than I thought.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    09-07-2022 03:14 PM
    THANKS!!! This is it. Each category can be changed. I thought those were just on/off for each category. WOW, even more customizable than I thought.
    Your welcome
    09-07-2022 03:15 PM