OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, or wait 'til the One+ 9, coming from One+ 7?

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
So the title says it all with everyone in this form who has the 7t or 7t pro 5G McLaren.

Research and seeing what's new on the 8 and 8 pro. What does everyone think so far would you upgrade to it or wait till the 8t wait for OnePlus 9?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have bever had. One Plus phone but if I had that perfectly unbroken screen I wouldn't want to trade it for one with a hole punch in it. I don't mind the hole punch in the S10+ but I do like the fullscreen of the One Plus 7 Pro

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
all very insightful answers. after looking at the specs and research. the OnePlus 8 pro is a great phone. but I agree I had the 7t pro 5G McLaren and I love The unbroken screen. I really like the pop up camera wish they would did not go away with that.

I think the 7t pro has a pretty good camera with the last couple of weeks they did. I think I'm going to wait and see what the OnePlus 9 is going to be.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
all very insightful answers. after looking at the specs and research. the OnePlus 8 pro is a great phone. but I agree I had the 7t pro 5G McLaren and I love The unbroken screen. I really like the pop up camera wish they would did not go away with that.

I think the 7t pro has a pretty good camera with the last couple of weeks they did. I think I'm going to wait and see what the OnePlus 9 is going to be.
Thats one reason I won't give up my 1+7P full screen and the pop up camera

JayDoggy

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, I will not be getting either of them. I love the 8 pro, but non of the carriers are going to sell it. I don't want to buy it through OnePlus and I dont want to settle for the 8. I guess I will sit this one out.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Not a chance. The camera quality while better doesn't seem to compete with Pixel or iPhone. Besides I can't imagine people would spend flagship level (not specific to OnePlus) this year due to the economy/losing jobs. Who knows, I'm probably wrong though!

GMGCPA

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
As bad as I want the 1+8pro I'll pass as I have the Samsung S20 Ultra as I understand Samsung made the screen panel for the 1+8pro which is way too curved at the edges unlike the Ultra...my son is sticking with his great 6t for that reason too...

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you seen the camera on the one plus April actually seems really good and almost on par very very close to the iPhone and pixel. I actually have the OnePlus 7t pro McLaren 5g. And it takes some phenomenal pictures and is actually fairly close to the pixel after they've done some updates to it. I'm very happy with my camera on my current phone. But that's why I'm going to be waiting until the OnePlus 9. And the OnePlus 8 series is at least $300 cheaper than Samsung phones with basically the same amount of specs.

Jose Perez Marrero

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
1+7 pro user here. I love my full screen without holes. Pop-up camera was a fantastic idea, shame that they scraped in the 1+8. 120hz vs 90hz is not a big upgrade and camera, I barely use it. Happy with my 7pro.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
1+7 pro user here. I love my full screen without holes. Pop-up camera was a fantastic idea, shame that they scraped in the 1+8. 120hz vs 90hz is not a big upgrade and camera, I barely use it. Happy with my 7pro.
I agree, why they got rid of it can't understand it works great .

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have bever had. One Plus phone but if I had that perfectly unbroken screen I wouldn't want to trade it for one with a hole punch in it. I don't mind the hole punch in the S10+ but I do like the fullscreen of the One Plus 7 Pro

The "unbroken screen" - what a poetic way to put that. You have a very good point.

bonedatt

May 6, 2013
Visit site
For those on T-Mobile, the OnePlus 7Pro is currently listed at $450. I think that's a better buy than the OnePlus 8, especially if you don't care for 5G right now.

Ldshark

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
The 8 pro is very tempting to get. But coming from 1+ 7 pro and having the full screen and what seems to me at least the same cameras not so sure it justifies the $300+ price tag just for newer processor and slightly better cameras and wireless charging and official ip 68 rating and a huge minus a hole punch crap in display.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The 8 pro is very tempting to get. But coming from 1+ 7 pro and having the full screen and what seems to me at least the same cameras not so sure it justifies the $300+ price tag just for newer processor and slightly better cameras and wireless charging and official ip 68 rating and a huge minus a hole punch crap in display.
Yup feel the same , I feel the 1+7P is a unique phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay