I think I'll wait for the 8T...

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
I was in the market for an upgrade, and I wanted to like the 8 Pro, but I just can't bring myself to do it for the price.
This isn't me saying it's not worth it's price, only that for what they're asking it doesn't fit my needs. But if OnePlus follows the same historic pattern, the 8T might be my winner.
I love the screen quality, the build quality, and the specs are top notch on the 8 Pro
I appreciate an understated color, but I'd hoped a lighter silver like the 7T would've been available, or at least a frosted finish for the black. I also think it was a terrible decision to make certain colors available with only certain RAM and storage.
I also don't look forward to having to relearn handling a phone with a waterfall display that has apparent terrible palm rejection software.
Finally, as a Verizon user, I wish that the Pro would be available on the network. Especially since that would've meant the Pro would have their 5G bands. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine without the bands, but if OnePlus is going to make a "future proof" device, they missed my mark in the 5G department.

At this point I'm probably going to keep an eye out for the 8T, which if they design like last year, they at least have a flat display, and hopefully different colors. And if they sell at a lower price than the 8 Pro, then I'll be able to deal with the Verizon and 5G compromises if that remains.
Honestly the only reason I don't pull the trigger on a 7T is the gigantic camera bump. I much prefer the pill-shaped design of previous and current devices.

Anybody else have mixed feelings about the 8 Pro?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I mean, the 8T won't be any cheaper either. OnePlus has ditched it's inexpensive profile and has embraced the premium devices. That move alone makes me want to become a OnePlus 8T Pro owner...if they ever get anymore in stock.

Mr MnmlEngr

May 7, 2019
Visit site
I mean, the 8T won't be any cheaper either. OnePlus has ditched it's inexpensive profile and has embraced the premium devices. That move alone makes me want to become a OnePlus 8T Pro owner...if they ever get anymore in stock.

Valid. But even with their new pricing strategy, I'd expect a T model to be priced similar to the regular 8. I could definitely do that. The only thing keeping me away from the 8 proper is that allegedly terrible 2mp telephoto lens

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae