I know it has the bands for 4G, but I also know that Verizon has to vet the device to be on its network. Before I bring myself to pull the trigger on a Pro, does anyone know if Verizon has the Pro on it's whitelist?

Thanks!
    04-25-2020 02:00 AM
    so according to one plus the phone will work on everything except for 5G. It is not going to be in millimeter wave phone at least on Verizon Verizon has its own special 1 + 8. the best place for the OnePlus 8 pro is actually T-Mobile because it has all the bands to work on low band 5G in mid band 5G. I don't see any millimeter-wave phones or phones that will come out with all 35 g bands until millimeter-wave is more widespread that's going to be like 2 or 3 years however T-Mobile is going to have widespread mid-band spectrum pretty quickly probably by the end of 2020 you'll have about half the country already or half their Network already melted into one.
    04-25-2020 02:37 AM
    so according to one plus the phone will work on everything except for 5G. It is not going to be in millimeter wave phone at least on Verizon Verizon has its own special 1 + 8. the best place for the OnePlus 8 pro is actually T-Mobile because it has all the bands to work on low band 5G in mid band 5G. I don't see any millimeter-wave phones or phones that will come out with all 35 g bands until millimeter-wave is more widespread that's going to be like 2 or 3 years however T-Mobile is going to have widespread mid-band spectrum pretty quickly probably by the end of 2020 you'll have about half the country already or half their Network already melted into one.
    Samsung's s20 plus and ultra supports all bands of 5G low, mid and mmwave so there are phones that do support these bands.
    04-25-2020 08:06 AM
    Are the unlocked one's going to have the annoying CDMA-less checkbox issue on Verizon that other OnePlus phones have had? I've only ever tried OP devices when I was with T-Mobile, but I am on Verizon now and I know OP devices don't have CDMA and Verizon doesn't seem to be able to deal with that easily.
    04-25-2020 11:27 AM
    Samsung's s20 plus and ultra supports all bands of 5G low, mid and mmwave so there are phones that do support these bands.
    This is true however one set of phones. The reason why you'll see more low and mid band in phones right now is because it's more going to be widely available versus millimeter wave. It has been said by experts said don't really expect that kind of widespread for at least a year and a half I predict in 2021 that will have more phones or at the end of this year that will have all three bands. Reality all you really need is low and mid band. But millimeter-wave will be good for in dense urban areas.
    04-25-2020 12:02 PM
    Are the unlocked one's going to have the annoying CDMA-less checkbox issue on Verizon that other OnePlus phones have had? I've only ever tried OP devices when I was with T-Mobile, but I am on Verizon now and I know OP devices don't have CDMA and Verizon doesn't seem to be able to deal with that easily.
    I think the unlock phones are still the same they don't really have that many CDMA bands. The only one that's truly going to work for Verizon is the OnePlus 8 mm way phone that will hundred percent work for Verizon this is why GSM is better in most ways.
    04-25-2020 12:03 PM
    All good info, thank you!

Unfortunately it doesn't quite answer my question. I'm less concerned with the bands the phone supports, because I know it supports at least all of Verizon's 4G bands.

My question is more concerned with if Verizon has whitelisted the 8 Pro on their network.
    04-25-2020 12:06 PM
    04-25-2020 09:04 PM
    Verizon has their own version called Oneplus 8 5G UW.
    Here's the link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=inLH0yRM
    05-05-2020 07:27 PM
    It's July, how did this turn out? I am a VZW customer, did they fix this?
    07-24-2020 06:20 AM
    I'm considering the pro model myself and I'm on Verizon. Is there a disadvantage in getting the Verizon model versus the unlocked model?
    07-25-2020 11:13 AM
    I just got the 8 pro and had an issue receiving sms messages, however, since I came from an iPhone all I had to do was deregister from iMessage and everything worked after that. The only thing that is not available is WiFi calling and RCS messaging, so chat features on the Android messages never activated for me.

UPDATE: 8/17/2020 - Google Messages chat features finally activated for me. Not sure why it took a couple of days.
    08-16-2020 06:53 AM