Media volume sync does not sync media volume

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah disables 3rd party apps , is YouTube available?

YouTube is available, however, the internet is not and it's not readily apparent how to get anything working with safe mode applied.

As for the menus, the Settings -> Sounds looks the same, but I am not seeing an Earphone mode menu when I search for "Earphone Mode" in settings.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
YouTube is available, however, the internet is not and it's not readily apparent how to get anything working with safe mode applied.

As for the menus, the Settings -> Sounds looks the same, but I am not seeing an Earphone mode menu when I search for "Earphone Mode" in settings.
Earphone mode was in settings of sound , this on my 1+7t McLaren on Andriod 11

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Doh @mustang7757 that must be the problem here. I am running on Android 12 as stated in the first post. Have you been able to verify this on a 1+ device running Droid 12, by chance? This seems like a bad bad bug with the latest OS.
The Earphone mode menu was removed in A12. They added some options in the Dolby Atmos menu and the Absolute Volume can be switched on/off in the Developer Options (I'd recommend you to leave it turned on).

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
The Earphone mode menu was removed in A12. They added some options in the Dolby Atmos menu and the Absolute Volume can be switched on/off in the Developer Options (I'd recommend you to leave it turned on).

OK that makes more sense. I have tried toggling the absolute volume on and off and it still does not appear to work as advertised. It seems quite broken, unfortunately.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
OK that makes more sense. I have tried toggling the absolute volume on and off and it still does not appear to work as advertised. It seems quite broken, unfortunately.
Yup, it seems a bug affecting different models after the A12 update. I'll keep searching for a fix, but until now I've only found what I posted before (fixed on its own or Developer Options trick). I'll keep you posted.

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Not sure this is related, but Bluetooth experience overall is completely degraded from my previous Samsung S7 device. :( :( :(

When turning on my headphones it takes an inordinate amount of time before it connects. And then once it does of course there is no sync'd volume.

With the S7 the connection was instant with synced volume. Starting to regret my $600 purchase here. :(

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Also, if anyone can assist with how to Report a Bug to the OnePlus Community that would be appreciated. I only see New "Moment" and "Article" as options.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for that link @mustang7757. Did you try the provided link, by chance? When visiting https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/ it goes to https://community.oneplus.com/home for me. I still do not see where I go to submit bugs. Pardon the confusion here if there is something obvious.
To create a thread or give feedback in OP Community you need to login first. This can be done from the phone general settings. I haven't used the app for a couple of weeks but I remember that the feedback option (in the '+' floating button bottom right) was broken, I'm not sure if it's fixed now.

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Ah that might be the problem, I am visiting from my PC. :D I will try from my phone. Thank you very much for the assistance!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That probably means that the feedback option is still not working after they changed the Community app. I'll try later to take a look there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc