Smash your current phone for a $1 OnePlus One

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a Moto X laying around that I was planning on selling. I'd absolutely smash it for this haha.

That's exactly what I'd do too: my second line is a Moto X and I'm very fond of it, but the M8 is now my daily driver, and this could easily be sacrificed to try out the OnePlus early. If the OnePlus didn't work out I'd have an excuse to order another Moto X (or at this point more likely its successor) with some other fun back/highlight color combo.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That's exactly what I'd do too: my second line is a Moto X and I'm very fond of it, but the M8 is now my daily driver, and this could easily be sacrificed to try out the OnePlus early. If the OnePlus didn't work out I'd have an excuse to order another Moto X (or at this point more likely its successor) with some other fun back/highlight color combo.

Tell you what, I'll buy your M8 for $350 and then you can buy yourself a OnePlus :) (seriously though, haha). All joking aside, this is a good marketing strategy.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Tell you what, I'll buy your M8 for $350 and then you can buy yourself a OnePlus :) (seriously though, haha). All joking aside, this is a good marketing strategy.

lol, "this" being the Moto X, not the M8!!! :-D

Yeah, for all that some people are complaining it sure has garnered them lots of attention. I could barely get to their site this morning it was so busy.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I do have an old GS2 Skyrocket my sister gave me to tinker with I could use. If I was chosen as one of the luck 100, I might consider smashing it. I won't smash the Nexus 5 I currently use as my daily driver however.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for the lawsuit when someone gets seriously injured by an exploding battery.

Did OnePlus even think this through correctly?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about smashing mine, but then, I really don't need a phablet for 1$. I was so pumped for this phone, till I seen the overall dimensions.

Tapatalk via Moto X

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've got a sprint g2 that I'm using on tmobile and seeing as how they're going for around 250 on swappa, I'd gladly smash it for this. I'm hoping to be one of the lucky 100.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You could sell your note 3, buy the one and pocket some spare change lol

This. Gotta be smarter than that, just take the time to sell the note 3 and make some cash off it. Personally, I've got a Nexus 4 I'd smash in a heartbeat if I was chosen. Would never smash my Nexus 5 though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
They'll probably have some legal jargon in their invite about not taking responsibility if your phone blows up and you get seriously disfigured.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't intentionally smash a phone with a battery that has a possibility to explode when hit with a strong force. If nothing else, I'd just feel bad for destroying a perfectly good phone.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So what exactly are you suppose to do in the time that you smash your current phone until the new one arrives from One? Their website says 7 - 10 days shipping regular and 3 - 7 express.... Would kind of stink to smash your phone and then go a week or two with out anything (How did I survive in the early 1990's without a phone????)

That being said I wouldn't smash my Nexus 5.... I'd gladly find me a cheap phone on craigslist and smash that.... I LOVE the idea of this phone but until I could actually slap a SIM card in it and take it for a test drive it would be really hard to dump my Nexus just yet.... I'd rather be one of the 100 and just pay the $349 for the 64 gig model.... if I love it I could get at least $300 out of my 32 gig nexus or pass it on to the wife.....

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So what exactly are you suppose to do in the time that you smash your current phone until the new one arrives from One? Their website says 7 - 10 days shipping regular and 3 - 7 express.... Would kind of stink to smash your phone and then go a week or two with out anything (How did I survive in the early 1990's without a phone????)

That being said I wouldn't smash my Nexus 5.... I'd gladly find me a cheap phone on craigslist and smash that.... I LOVE the idea of this phone but until I could actually slap a SIM card in it and take it for a test drive it would be really hard to dump my Nexus just yet.... I'd rather be one of the 100 and just pay the $349 for the 64 gig model.... if I love it I could get at least $300 out of my 32 gig nexus or pass it on to the wife.....

It wouldn't surprise me if they do overnight shipping for the selected 100. I know I couldn't go for more than a day or two without my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca