Would you switch carriers to get the OnePlus One?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
OnePlus One isn't available on Sprint and Verizon.

I am on Verizon now, and at the moment, my legacy plan is by far the cheapest compared to the competition. However, if another carrier can offer equal pricing to my current plan and provide equal total network coverage to Verizon then I would consider switching to get the OnePlus One. I really like the concept of affordable phones and like the big display.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My answer is kind of invalid as I have already left Sprint. However, similar to your situation, if a carrier could offer similar coverage for a similar price, I would do it.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
A phone really isn't worth switching networks unless you get better coverage. If i had Sprint for personal use (which my work phone is on) , i'd leave in a heartbeat lol

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Only real carrier that it will work on is att. No VZW ,sprint ,or T-Mobile Lte. This is coming from droid life and there break down on the radios.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Only real carrier that it will work on is att. No VZW ,sprint ,or T-Mobile Lte. This is coming from droid life and there break down on the radios.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

It will work on TMO lte. It has all the bands. At least according to what I have read.

I'm currently on Sprint. My contract is up in a month. I'm planning to switch to TMO regardless what device I choose as my next phone.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't support bands 2 and 5 lte, which att uses in some areas though limited. TMobile is deploying band 2 lte, so this won't support that .many current tmobile devices support band 2 lte

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Granted where you live and work changes what is the best network. LTE speed wise T-Mobile is the fastest today for the average smartphone but Verizon in some areas with a few new smartphones is faster than T-Mobile. THIS IS TODAY...

OpenSignal?s crowdsourced testing ranks T-Mobile?s LTE the fastest in the U.S.

Eventually T-Mo will field a network capable of supporting a theoretical 150 Mbps connection.

As T-Mobile CTO Neville Ray refarms more 3G spectrum for LTE, he will be able to boost many of its 10 MHz systems to a full 20 MHz, but the real prize comes after it closes its acquisition of MetroPCS (which at this point seems almost a given). Surgically adding Metro?s AWS spectrum to the current network will give it 40 MHz of LTE in some key markets. That?s twice the capacity of the systems currently run by Verizon and AT&T. THIS IS 2015.

T-Mobile?s new LTE network is fast, but it?s going to get a lot faster

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No need since I'm already on Att and it will work fine with them. And if I were on tmo I would wait for reviews to see how it performs on their network. But who knows if 1+ can sell enough maybe they can make a revision with band 20 lte along with band 2 and 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The problem is tethering one movie can drain through 6gb, and Tmobile's hotspot plan (old or new) will cost a lot more than the Verizon legacy unlimited hotspot plan

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there an official list of carriers (post and pre-paid) that the OnePlus One will work on somewhere? Sorry, but I'm not very smart on frequencies. Sounds like AT&T is a go, and T-Mo is up to question. What about prepaid carriers that use AT&T and T-Mo networks (e.g. StraightTalk)? Do they use all the same frequencies or a subset?

Thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there an official list of carriers (post and pre-paid) that the OnePlus One will work on somewhere? Sorry, but I'm not very smart on frequencies. Sounds like AT&T is a go, and T-Mo is up to question. What about prepaid carriers that use AT&T and T-Mo networks (e.g. StraightTalk)? Do they use all the same frequencies or a subset?

Thanks!

Any of Tmobile's or att's mvnos should be fine. Only Sprint and Verizon and their mvnos won't work.

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For $349.99 off contract? Nope. I've got 3 lines on AT&T and with my company discount it's around $125/month with 10GB data and unlimited everything else. Not too bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user