OnePlus One: Invites vs Pre-Orders?

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So, the OnePlus One will be available by invitation only, at least in the beginning. If you want to buy one, you need an invite to do so. Is this a better idea than allowing pre-orders?

My understanding of the situation is that OnePlus has no room for error. If they make too many phones that don't sell, the company will go bankrupt. This is why they are using the invite system.

Is there a better way of selling the OnePlus One?

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
For a startup company, I think this is better. Making too much product and not being able to sell it would destroy them in a heartbeat, as would not making enough product to meet demand. This allows them to measure the market a lot better and avoid destroying themselves.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I got Banned from one plus one forum/

They claim that I made a homophobic remark, when all I said was the invite system is Gay. I am not homophobic, my best friend is Gay and now im locked out cuz i didnt like there marketing..... I still want one purely because of the specs but I dont understand why they would kick me out when I have money to buy there phone and there a start up. Tell me if I am wrong to not say something.

You won't get much leniency in today's world for using "gay" as a slur.

Posted via Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got Banned from one plus one forum/

They claim that I made a homophobic remark, when all I said was the invite system is Gay. I am not homophobic, my best friend is Gay and now im locked out cuz i didnt like there marketing..... I still want one purely because of the specs but I dont understand why they would kick me out when I have money to buy there phone and there a start up. Tell me if I am wrong to not say something.

lol... Nice.... a little extreme, but oh well.. I really want/wanted this phone... The entire invite system and the way they are basically making all their wanna be customers jump through hoops and play games to just get invited to buy their product is getting a little too much for me..

First they wanted you to go out and destroy/smash your current phone and then pretty much only if you had a high end top of the line latest and greatest phone. (Then they added you could donate it to a worthy operations instead after all the backlash) Then I get an email that just says "it's raining invites." well not really.... Here is a contest were you can win the right to get an invite that will then allow you to buy one of our phones...

I was already worried about long term support for this device... but I was looking around at a used Note 3 to play around with a bigger phone with the idea of a Note 4 when it hit.... So this was a new phone for the price of a used Note 3... and I'd probably root the Note vs not rooted on my Nexus 5 so why not... Support should be okay for at least six months to a year....

What's the next contest to win the right to buy?????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781