My experience with the One Plus One forum.. Its horrible btw...

wasapp

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I got Banned from one plus one forum/

They claim that I made a homophobic remark, when all I said was the invite system is Gay. I am not homophobic, my best friend is Gay and now im locked out cuz i didnt like there marketing..... I still want one purely because of the specs but I dont understand why they would kick me out when I have money to buy there phone and there a start up. Tell me if I am wrong to not say something.

wasapp

May 19, 2014
Visit site
This was posted in the forum just a hour ago... They locked this thread and the user out after user posted it up for 10 minutes... I still want the phone but the forum mods need to address the issues instead of hiding the issues... I am not sure how much of this is true but I am very upset at the Moderators of forum, the forum is the only way you can be invited to buy the phone. I don't believe in censorship so I am posting this.... Not a fan of the current forum or invite system....

So it seems @David S. is trying to bring down the fact that I got a device.

David Inman is a relative of mine, and due to the lack of him not being able to use the phone on Verizon he sent me the device. He was winner number 21 of the Smash the Past contest, and that's why @David S. is trying to trivialize my previous thread.

It's Here! - OnePlus Forums

He's not happy I said it took longer to ship instead of creating a complex story, that most people won't believe anyway. I've also confirmed with David today that he'll be sending me all of his invites as well.

Strange enough this is all being done to cover up a series of items.

1. The phone was shipped without a box or accessories, leaving no way to charge the phone, or even remove the SIM tray.
2. The boot up time is so long I thought the device didn't work at first. You have to hold the power button down for almost 30 seconds just to get it to turn on.
3. The call quality is **** poor, AT BEST. I've attached an image of the speaker up top and you can see only 4 of the holes on the speaker are open. The rest are covered over with the molding. This an issue that has been brought up by everyone who has tested the device, and it's obvious. I'm on T-Mobile here in the US, and the connectivity sucks compared to my Nexus 5.
4. The camera is a cheap version of the one available on the Z2. The addition of all of the customization and filters in the camera app try to hide the fact, but it's obvious. Pictures will be posted soon. There is no noticeable difference compared to my Nexus 5.
5. All Nexus devices are receiving 4.4.3 this Friday, the 23rd, dating this device already.
6. The more I use Cyanogen, the more I realize that it's got so many useless features and customization I'd prefer Vanilla Android over it. That's an opinion though.
7. The stereo speakers are no where near what HTC offers with LAST YEAR'S ONE. As soon as you hold the phone horizontally your palm covers them and you can't hear anything. Even with some hand adjustments they shoot the sound to one side.

I will be keeping my Nexus 5 for now. I'll run some more tests with the OPO over the next few weeks and post a full on review later. If it continues the way this company is making impressions on people who have their devices, the smashing the past will consist of a OPO very shortly.

Looking forward to the Oppo Find 7 and LG G3 coming out over this.

SIMPLY PUT, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

@David S. Live by social media, die by it. Don't let the hype of a company dictate the quality of a product. It wears off rather quickly once you get the devices in the hands of people who want to really use them.

Update: Just received a message from @David S. saying that all of the aforementioned issues will be fixed with a software update next week, and that they're all known. Even worse, considering half of them are hardware related.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Dude, stop whining. It's annoying. And embarrassing. Please use slurs here as well so you can get banned.

Posted via Android Central App

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Well using the term "gay" can be and is offensive to people. Also it gives away the fact that you're all of maybe 20 years old and immature.

Posted via Android Central App

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
It's interesting how David S. (Administrator on the OnePlus forums) responded (in the forum link here). The date of the response was May 19, 2014.

1. The phone was shipped without a box or accessories, leaving no way to charge the phone, or even remove the SIM tray.

David S.: "If you had been one of the winners you'd have known what you were getting beforehand."

2. The boot up time is so long I thought the device didn't work at first. You have to hold the power button down for almost 30 seconds just to get it to turn on.

David S.: "It takes 18 seconds on average."

3. The call quality is **** poor, AT BEST. I've attached an image of the speaker up top and you can see only 4 of the holes on the speaker are open. The rest are covered over with the molding. This an issue that has been brought up by everyone who has tested the device, and it's obvious. I'm on T-Mobile here in the US, and the connectivity sucks compared to my Nexus 5.

David S.: "You mean the volume of the earpiece is not very loud. As stated dozens of times and confirmed by several reviews, this problem is software and it will be fixed in the next CM's build that will be rolled OTA next week."

4. The camera is a cheap version of the one available on the Z2. The addition of all of the customization and filters in the camera app try to hide the fact, but it's obvious. Pictures will be posted soon. There is no noticeable difference compared to my Nexus 5.

David S.: "It's the best 13MPx sensor out there, made by Sony. The software is not final, but you only need to see the pictures that the PhotoMania winners take with the camera test unit (that doesn't run CyanogenMod)."

5. All Nexus devices are receiving 4.4.3 this Friday, the 23rd, dating this device already.

David S.: "Cyanogen is well known for being fast when it comes to updates. When do you say the Galaxy S5 or the HTC One M8 are getting update to 4.4.3?"

6. The more I use Cyanogen, the more I realize that it's got so many useless features and customization I'd prefer Vanilla Android over it. That's an opinion though.

David S.: "10 million users seem to differ."

7. The stereo speakers are no where near what HTC offers with LAST YEAR'S ONE. As soon as you hold the phone horizontally your palm covers them and you can't hear anything. Even with some hand adjustments they shoot the sound to one side.

David S.: "Maybe because they are on one side?"

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I got Banned from one plus one forum/

They claim that I made a homophobic remark, when all I said was the invite system is Gay. I am not homophobic, my best friend is Gay and now im locked out cuz i didnt like there marketing..... I still want one purely because of the specs but I dont understand why they would kick me out when I have money to buy there phone and there a start up. Tell me if I am wrong to not say something.

Hey Wasapp, i think you should get a name change to "Waaaaaa" or "Waaahmbulance" :D

126.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21