My OnePlus One review (warning: long)

Jcoboy

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: General thoughts

I've been hoping for Friday or Saturday since I did it at 5am Tuesday.

Posted via my LG LS740 and The Android Central App

I heard somewhere that the status doesnt change until You get the phone - so it could very well be on its way :)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I heard somewhere that the status doesnt change until You get the phone - so it could very well be on its way :)
That seems like the likely thing as it still says processing. I've been exercising some restraint as ive been tempted to reach out to support. But I haven't. Just gonna wait. All I can do for now. Technically their 3 days isn't up just yet

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: OnePlus plus customer service complaints growing fast

Seems to me, if people want fast customer service, they should go ahead and spend $600-700 for their phone. If you're buying a phone for half the price of competing models how much do you think the company will be able to spend on customer service?

Posted via Android Central App

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Seems to me, if people want fast customer service, they should go ahead and spend $600-700 for their phone. If you're buying a phone for half the price of competing models how much do you think the company will be able to spend on customer service?

Yet google sells the Nexus 5 for $350 and they provide great customer service. your comment can be translated as "poor people problems". Your entitled to your opinion but i think you completely miss the point of this phone my friend. Its for people who don't want to be slaves to carriers or manufacturers. Samsung or LG provide no better customer support. this i know from experience. Ive caught them both in lies and had reps try to stutter their way out of it. TRUST ME, i could have spent $600 for a lg G3 or HTC One M8. And you know what i what have got, the same specs as the OPO for $250 more out of my bank account.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I get the point of getting out from under carrier subsidies. I've been buying phones without subsidies for years and received my OPO in the mail today. My point is, a company like OnePlus, selling phones on a razor-thin margin, can't be expected to spend much on customer service without raising the price of their phone.
If companies with fat margins, like Samsung and LG*, aren't providing quality customer service then they shame on them. I just don't think it's fair to put the same expectations on OnePlus.
I hope that is more clear.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Just for my shipping notification a few minutes ago priority 2 day hopefully I get it by Saturday. Gonna try to work in priority tomorrow because it should come through my facility by tomorrow night.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just for my shipping notification a few minutes ago priority 2 day hopefully I get it by Saturday. Gonna try to work in priority tomorrow because it should come through my facility by tomorrow night.
Got my shipping email about a half hour ago. Haven't tracked it just yet but I'll post when it arrives. I was willing to pay up to $30 for shipping but was only given standard option

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Same for me but in good with two day express I already tracked mine it says it's in Anaheim California so I see no issue with usps getting the phone to me on Saturday
Edit
Well it looks like I'm getting the phone today just tracked it and its at my local post office. Wish I could walk inside the post office show them my badge and ask them to hand it to me. But ill be patent and wait until 3:30 when the carrier usually drops off my mail.

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

While I agree that one plus needs to step up their customer service I also understand they are new and will have growing pains. It's a tough situation over all, because people should be mad when dealing with slow customer service or op not really making an effort to rectify issues. With hope op can quickly hire more people to deal with customers if not they will get a real bad rep very fast.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I bet that was a pleasant surprise. I don't want to start talking crazy and get a email tomorrow morning saying it shipped. the site says when you get a invite that means there's a phone waiting for you. i just don't understand why it hasn't shipped 40 hours later but we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Mine took two fulls days to ship but then I got it the next day. Three day wait wasn't bad.

Sent from my OnePlus One

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Conclusions

FWIW..........I've had the One for over three days now and I'm extremely pleased in it's performance and design. No issues with screen discoloration, signals, or sound. I hope everyone who gets this device is as fortunate as I am.

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Conclusions

Same. I've had mine since Tuesday. Absolutely love this thing so far. It's a tremendous device.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Same for me but in good with two day express I already tracked mine it says it's in Anaheim California so I see no issue with usps getting the phone to me on Saturday
Edit
Well it looks like I'm getting the phone today just tracked it and its at my local post office. Wish I could walk inside the post office show them my badge and ask them to hand it to me. But ill be patent and wait until 3:30 when the carrier usually drops off my mail.

Getting frustrated. Mines still just says "electronic shipping info received" I kind of hope it doesn't come today because I quirk from 12:30 - 9:00 pm today and my mail comes about 1pm lol. Thought about taking a vacation day but you have to give a days notice at my job and I got the shipping email about a hour after I got off yesterday. Now I'm off tomorrow and am ready to camp out for the mail to sign for it. If it does arrive today I'll have to pick it up at the post office with I. D. tomorrow I imagine. Just ready for all this to be over and have the phone in hand

Edit: here's a current taking screenshot
huga7eza.jpg

Posted via my LG LS740 and The Android Central App

Last edited:

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

FWIW..........I've had the One for over three days now and I'm extremely pleased in it's performance and design. No issues with screen discoloration, signals, or sound. I hope everyone who gets this device is as fortunate as I am.

Good to hear, I was not that fortunate though, actually out of the 4 phones I have owned in the past 18 months , the OnePlus is the worst phone with the most problems that I have owned. I do not even try to use it, went back to my Nexus 5. Hopefully when they finally get around to my RMA, my replacement phone will be better

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Good to hear, I was not that fortunate though, actually out of the 4 phones I have owned in the past 18 months , the OnePlus is the worst phone with the most problems that I have owned. I do not even try to use it, went back to my Nexus 5. Hopefully when they finally get around to my RMA, my replacement phone will be better

Could you let us know what problems you've had?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Here too. My only substantive gripe is "ok Google" voice command being essentially MIA / non functional. Other than that, pleased in every way. Battery life on this thing is stellar. And my yellow banding, which was very faint to begin with, seems to be fading to total invisibility.

1+1/N5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer