My OnePlus One review (warning: long)

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bought the OnePlus One :)

Got mine this evening.... After charging it full, I haven't been able to put this thing down... This is one hell of a phone....

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

PxuLL

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Got mine this evening.... After charging it full, I haven't been able to put this thing down... This is one hell of a phone....

Wow nice man I cant wait till mine arrives :D

demontooth

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I ordered mine Wednesday night at 10 pm and it arrived Saturday.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

Guys... Invite please....

Posted via Android Central App

You sure are gonna get invites that way...

Please everyone stop requesting invites... It seems like every other thread on here is flooded with ppl asking for invites... Either you wait for an invite or please PM the person and ask.. Don't beg here...

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I ordered on 7/14 and received mine on 7/19 shipping to Detroit. Overall I am very impressed with the device. I hope we will have more accessory options available in the coming months here in the U.S.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Ordered mine on 7/17...Still showing "processing" status. Hoping it'll show up sometime this week 😎

Sent from my G2

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not completely clear on the yellow tint issue and the fact that Someguy doesn't seem to think its a major issue. I get the fact that it probably is only apparent against a fairly light screen. And I get that you compromise somewhat in getting a top line phone at effectively half price. However I would imaging it would drive me insane seeing it at various times. I've seen various postings on the OnePlus web site forums about leaving it in the sun, UV lights, etc. to try and 'burn' out the tint. Seems like a bad idea to me.

Someguy points out that the customer service responce had been horrible. And its disappointing and troublesome when thinking about more potential problems down the road. Can you give us some more thoughts on the yellow tint issue? Bad enough to be noticeable on anything other than a blank white screen? Seems like its not bad enough for you to ask for a refund. Bad enough for you to try some of the odd remedies like leaving it in bright sunlight for 8 hours?

Thanks.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm not completely clear on the yellow tint issue and the fact that Someguy doesn't seem to think its a major issue. I get the fact that it probably is only apparent against a fairly light screen. And I get that you compromise somewhat in getting a top line phone at effectively half price. However I would imaging it would drive me insane seeing it at various times. I've seen various postings on the OnePlus web site forums about leaving it in the sun, UV lights, etc. to try and 'burn' out the tint. Seems like a bad idea to me.

Someguy points out that the customer service responce had been horrible. And its disappointing and troublesome when thinking about more potential problems down the road. Can you give us some more thoughts on the yellow tint issue? Bad enough to be noticeable on anything other than a blank white screen? Seems like its not bad enough for you to ask for a refund. Bad enough for you to try some of the odd remedies like leaving it in bright sunlight for 8 hours?

Thanks.
I received my OnePlus One on the 19th. It has the yellow tint on the bottom inch or so of the screen. It's very distracting to read anything on a light colored background. It's apparent in Gmail, Chrome, Messaging, Google Play Store and anywhere ther's a white or cream colored background. It's baffling how reviewers of major blogs have missed this issue unless they were given hand-picked units to review. It's become annoying enough that I've asked for an RMA. I did so last night and received this:​
Hi,
There are two different types of 'yellow screen' issues.
One is where the screen is evenly warm - this is actually an intended effect as warmer screens offer more true-to-life colors than bluish screens. To adjust your screen hue manually, please go to Settings > Display & Lights > Screen Color > Custom > Hue.
Another is a warm effect across the bottom of the screen when viewed from certain angles at high brightness. To minimize bezels around the screen, we place the light sources very close to the edge of the display. To prevent excessive light leakage, the bottom edge is designed to be slightly opaque, which is why it appears warmer from certain angles.
If your screen has discoloured spots that expand over time, however, please send us a photo and we'll see whether it's a hardware issue.

They aren't admitting that there's a defect with the screen and keep sending this same canned message repeatedly when users complain of the yellow screen. I'm still awaiting a response about the RMA.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.
It's been two weeks and the yellow band is beginning to fade away. Only 1inch from the bottom now, but only the bottom half is yellow enough to bother me, above that is too light to even care. Since I use on screen buttons, which usually is 1cm black bar in most apps, it's really isn't visible. Still you can notice it in white background, but I'm just not OCD enough to care.

Otherwise the general consensus is the LTE signal quality of this phone is not very good and far from Motorola quality, I switched back to 3G just for better signal and hopefully save battery. But I'm really enjoying the camera which is superb, it's the same sensor as in the G3 (but with faster aperture, though no hardware OIS), the official camera software needs improving but it still take superb pictures.

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

I received my invite yesterday (7/25), ordered the 64g mid-morning, and received shipping confirmation about 10:30PM. Pretty quick process.

Posted via Nexus 5 with SwiftKey

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning on pushing the button and buying this phone from oppomart.com (unless someone has a invite to share lol) and wanted to know how the owners of this phone feel about their purchase. I'm likely going to buy this Tuesday and want to get as much feedback as I can between now and then. How's the 4g? Should I be concerned about this yellow bar issue I hear about? How's the rooting/ROM situation or does it come already rooted? Is T-Mobile or AT&T or another carrier the better option as I'm gonna switch carrier as well. I'm currently on cdma and really have been intrigued by this phone so any advice is really appreciated. Or again a invite. I entered the contest this past week but didn't get an invite. So I'm gonna go the oppomart route

Posted via my LG LS740 and The Android Central App

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: General thoughts

Those devices will not get 4G in the US. Only the international version of the device with the cyanogen mod logo on the back are made with US LTE in mind.

Posted via Android Central App

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: General thoughts

I'm planning on pushing the button and buying this phone from oppomart.com (unless someone has a invite to share lol) and wanted to know how the owners of this phone feel about their purchase. I'm likely going to buy this Tuesday and want to get as much feedback as I can between now and then. How's the 4g? Should I be concerned about this yellow bar issue I hear about? How's the rooting/ROM situation or does it come already rooted? Is T-Mobile or AT&T or another carrier the better option as I'm gonna switch carrier as well. I'm currently on cdma and really have been intrigued by this phone so any advice is really appreciated. Or again a invite. I entered the contest this past week but didn't get an invite. So I'm gonna go the oppomart route

Posted via my LG LS740 and The Android Central App

Just sent you a PM... Got an invite if interested...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz