My OnePlus One review (warning: long)

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: General thoughts

I got the prompt for the update as soon as I connected to wifi yesterday when it arrived. Like you said, can still be a little higher though. I called my wife today after I left T-mobile and could barely hear her. But I can live with it. There's a fix out there, gotta be rooted though

Posted via my OnePlus One

Congrats on finally getting ur phone... I bet it was a long week waiting for this thing... lol... I just got my other one delivered today as well that I will be giving to my wife... I agree with the the low call volume, but I text more than I talk so it's not that big of a deal to me...

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Having made my first phone call I'm a little concerned about call volume on this thing. Why so low? Anyone else experiencing this

I haven't really noticed this to be honest. I don't talk on the phone too much, so it isn't a huge deal for me. I'm sure further software updates could take care of the issue if it continues for enough people though.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on finally getting ur phone... I bet it was a long week waiting for this thing... lol... I just got my other one delivered today as well that I will be giving to my wife... I agree with the the low call volume, but I text more than I talk so it's not that big of a deal to me...

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Can't believe you got another for your wife lol. When my wife looked at mines I was praying she didn't fall in love with it. She thinks it's too big plus she loves her LG g2 and I'm happy for her lol. Yes it was a long week. None of it would have been possible without you looking out for me on that invite. Thank you again for that. Now just gotta get a feel for it and I have a few questions, like is the any way I can enable lockscreen slider shortcuts. How come the option is grayed out

unada9yd.jpg

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Really. I have to be honest I just called my wife again and call volume is a concern. I still love this phone and like I said there is a fix so I'm gonna root it eventually. I was walking up my hallway which is hardwood, couldn't hear my wife over the squeaking floorboards.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Really. I have to be honest I just called my wife again and call volume is a concern. I still love this phone and like I said there is a fix so I'm gonna root it eventually. I was walking up my hallway which is hardwood, couldn't hear my wife over the squeaking floorboards.

It shouldn't be THAT bad. Mine could be louder but I was in my car headed to work the other day and I could hear the caller just fine over the ambient road noise. Not sure why yours is so low. All the basic settings have been checked I assume?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

It shouldn't be THAT bad. Mine could be louder but I was in my car headed to work the other day and I could hear the caller just fine over the ambient road noise. Not sure why yours is so low. All the basic settings have been checked I assume?
I wish I was exaggerating but I'm 6'3 240lbs so we're talking considerable squeak lol. The test will be at work tomorrow, downtown Cleveland, lots of noise on a summer day. I'll report my findings.

On another note very stupid problem but I notice when I connect to wifi at home, leave range, return home, it doesn't automatically connect back to my home wifi. Any ideas how I can fix that. I gotta be honest those 2 things are no big deal to me. One is fixable with root, the other I just have to reboot.

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Curious about the wifi. Mine hasn't had an issue like that. I step out of my apartment...come back and it reconnects just fine.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

Curious about the wifi. Mine hasn't had an issue like that. I step out of my apartment...come back and it reconnects just fine.
Seconded. I regularly connect to three different WiFi locations each day, and my 1+ obtains, drops, and re-acquires them without issue as I expose it to each signal. I could totally understand the frustration if it didn't work that way though.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm gonna monitor it some more tomorrow. I tried turning wifi off, connecting to 4g, and turning it back on and it reconnects. When the problem happens and I try to reconnect nothing happens. No "obtaining ip address" or anything. It just continues to say "saved"

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Got my One yesterday!

This is the ultimate phone for me so far. Great screen, great camera, 64GB of storage, and Cm 11S. The battery life is also very good also.
Screenshot_2014-08-06-04-03-56.jpg Screenshot_2014-08-06-04-04-10.jpg

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

For the lock screen sliders you have to disable the custom lockscreen option. As far as call volume it's not the loudest I've had but it could be better. I've only had it not automatically connect to WiFi once but other than that it picks up the two WiFi networks I use without issue and quickly. Now I need to figure out why my WiFi is listed as running the entire time when its been off.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if it has something to do with trying the material design theme I tried Monday night. I think I heard something about issues in the theme. I won't be home again until tonight (no wifi at work) so I'll test see what happens then. Still a freaking beast of a phone

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
How did I not know that about the lockscreen sliders. I like the stock lockscreen or should I say it's what I'm used to. Thanks for the tip!

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if it has something to do with trying the material design theme I tried Monday night. I think I heard something about issues in the theme. I won't be home again until tonight (no wifi at work) so I'll test see what happens then. Still a freaking beast of a phone

You're right...I remember hearing about a wifi issue with the Material L Theme. I haven't tried it so it may be the cause of the issue. Although I'm not sure if that is the same issue others were experiencing.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

It's pretty much any theme that changes the style of the settings menu will break WiFi settings.

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

I've been using Nova Prime launcher with Ultimate L Icon Theme. Probably a safe way to theme the One.

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I think im gonna have to root it soon and apply this fix. trying to talk to my wife has been terrible on this phone. unless its near complete silence i can barely hear her. i even had to try to make a call on my LG volt to make sure it wasn't my ears. Again there is a fix for anyone experiencing the same issue as apparently i'm not the only one. (Ive heard there's a pending update about to drop to fix it but i dont know if i can wait.) i HATE, HATE, talking on the phone, im a face to face conversation type person, but sometimes you gotta make a call.

for anyone interested in the fix, again you must be rooted but here's the link:

[Q] Speakerphone volume very low during call… | OnePlus One | XDA Forum

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Only fix it to root and flash an updated version of cm. Or run one of the default styles. Sounds like a cool fix. But I don't want to root my phone yet.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Only fix it to root and flash an updated version of cm. Or run one of the default styles. Sounds like a cool fix. But I don't want to root my phone yet.

I don't want to root mines either. Stock has enough options for me, but I gotta do something about this call volume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37