Sell my oneplus one? Or my g3?

jalabi99

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to sell one of my phones and can't decided at all! What should I keep and what should I sell :/
I have the lg g3 16gb gold and the 64gb black oneplus one please help! [email removed by Moderator]

Since you're likely to get more for it, I'd sell the OnePlus One and keep the LG G3.

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
When did you order? I ordered on September 2 and it's still showing "Processing".
My OPO should be here Tuesday. Will decide by Friday on what to do. The G3. Works great but has some issues. Carrier bloat is my biggest. Coming from the N4 I got spoiled. Not ruling out the next Nexud or Motorola either.

Posted via Android Central App

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on the 25 believe. Got here Thursday I believe. So far best phone to date. Now just waiting to see what Moto does with customizations. Needs to be awesome to get me away from this.

Posted via the Android Central App

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 LG G3's d850 and d851 and will be selling both and keeping my OPO. I love this phone way more than the LG G3's.

ingogo

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I think you come to oneplus forum ask about sell g3 or oneplus, most of people tell you sell your g3. it because there have many oneplus fans: )

gdecandio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I was interested to see this thread here. I am struggling with the same decision. I have had my G3 since launch and received my OPO about 2 weeks ago. I have used the G3 as my daily driver for several months, and have been using the OPO for 2 weeks now as my daily phone.

To me, the G3 has some advantages:
* I prefer its form factor and in hand feel of the G3 to the OPO. Its much smaller than the OPO with the same 5.5 inch screen size. Being more narrow and a bit more rounded feels much better to me. I also like the back better. I am not a fan of the sandstone back and wish there was a way to get a replacement. I never use a case on any of my phones. This is a big one for me- may not be for other people.
* The G3 screen is far superior to the OPO. I am not talking about specs, but the side to side look of the screens. The G3 is much more vibrant and a bit clearer. I don't have the yellowing problem on my OPO so I can't comment on that. This is not to say the OPO screen is not good, but side by side to the G3 it seems washed out.
* I like having the option of a replaceable battery on the G3. I travel sometimes and this is very handy.
* The camera seems to be better on the G3, but both cameras are faily good so this is not a huge factor for me.

The G3, however, has one major issue that I can't seem to get around. When I load it up with my daily use email, social and other apps, it gets unreliable. It often overheats and will randomly reboot. I have reset the device several times and even had a replacement sent from AT&T but it still is not reliable. I thought initially it might be the screen that was causing the issue, but the phone runs flawlessly for days on a charge with the SIM card out with only WIFI connected. Maybe its the radio, I don't know, but not being reliable is is a pretty big negative.

The OPO on the other hand has been rock solid for the 2 weeks I have been using it. I miss the in hand feel and smaller size of the G3 even after trying to adjust to the OPO.

The OPO also has some additiona strengths over the G3 I should list:
* Fast, reliable software. The G3 launcher is noticeably laggy. This can be fixed somewhat with ApexLauncher or some other launcher, but I still think these run slower on the QHD screen.
* Value for the money. Cost is not a big issue for me, but if it is for you then the OPO is the clear choice.
* The battery life is very good and very consistent. I can always count on it to act predictably. The G3 was the opposite. It would start to heat up suddenly and in an hour it would tear through half the battery even while off in my pocket.
* Software updates do not have to go through the carrier. I am thinking this phone will get Android L long before the AT&T G3.

All in all, a tough choice. If the G3 worked predictably for me, I would probably choose it because of its better screen, form factor, and slightly better camera. But unless I can figure out this heat up, reboot, and battery drain issues, the OPO is looking like the choice for my daily driver. I will probably keep both for a while and tinker around with the G3 to see if I can figure out why it is so unreliable.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like some rogue apps on the G3, could be stock, or something interacting with stock. If it doesn't happen on the OPO, it sounds like it could be something in the carrier or LG software. That is a problem though, do you think you could get a replacement?

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I was interested to see this thread here. I am struggling with the same decision. I have had my G3 since launch and received my OPO about 2 weeks ago. I have used the G3 as my daily driver for several months, and have been using the OPO for 2 weeks now as my daily phone.

To me, the G3 has some advantages:
* I prefer its form factor and in hand feel of the G3 to the OPO. Its much smaller than the OPO with the same 5.5 inch screen size. Being more narrow and a bit more rounded feels much better to me. I also like the back better. I am not a fan of the sandstone back and wish there was a way to get a replacement. I never use a case on any of my phones. This is a big one for me- may not be for other people.
* The G3 screen is far superior to the OPO. I am not talking about specs, but the side to side look of the screens. The G3 is much more vibrant and a bit clearer. I don't have the yellowing problem on my OPO so I can't comment on that. This is not to say the OPO screen is not good, but side by side to the G3 it seems washed out.
* I like having the option of a replaceable battery on the G3. I travel sometimes and this is very handy.
* The camera seems to be better on the G3, but both cameras are faily good so this is not a huge factor for me.

The G3, however, has one major issue that I can't seem to get around. When I load it up with my daily use email, social and other apps, it gets unreliable. It often overheats and will randomly reboot. I have reset the device several times and even had a replacement sent from AT&T but it still is not reliable. I thought initially it might be the screen that was causing the issue, but the phone runs flawlessly for days on a charge with the SIM card out with only WIFI connected. Maybe its the radio, I don't know, but not being reliable is is a pretty big negative.

The OPO on the other hand has been rock solid for the 2 weeks I have been using it. I miss the in hand feel and smaller size of the G3 even after trying to adjust to the OPO.

The OPO also has some additiona strengths over the G3 I should list:
* Fast, reliable software. The G3 launcher is noticeably laggy. This can be fixed somewhat with ApexLauncher or some other launcher, but I still think these run slower on the QHD screen.
* Value for the money. Cost is not a big issue for me, but if it is for you then the OPO is the clear choice.
* The battery life is very good and very consistent. I can always count on it to act predictably. The G3 was the opposite. It would start to heat up suddenly and in an hour it would tear through half the battery even while off in my pocket.
* Software updates do not have to go through the carrier. I am thinking this phone will get Android L long before the AT&T G3.

All in all, a tough choice. If the G3 worked predictably for me, I would probably choose it because of its better screen, form factor, and slightly better camera. But unless I can figure out this heat up, reboot, and battery drain issues, the OPO is looking like the choice for my daily driver. I will probably keep both for a while and tinker around with the G3 to see if I can figure out why it is so unreliable.

I have both phones and I agree with everything except the reboots and the screen colours can be adjusted on the 1+1 so the bland colours can be addressed, I have my G3 rooted so all the LG crap is frozen and with TweaksBox it has all the setting changes I need. When I got the G3 I had an M8 and 1+1 and after having the G3 for just over a week I sold both the others. Then the weekend before last I got the chance of a 1+1 in new condition with NO yellow tint for an unbelievable price of £160 and it even came with a OnePlus case(not very good) so I couldn't leave it behind. I put my sim in it and and have been using it for the last week and it is noticeably quicker and smoother than the G3

Can't make my mind up as to which one to use, I thing the 1+1 is a better looking phone especially the sandstone back but I don't like the feel of it, it is a fair bit bigger and I can only get about 50gb of music on it compared to the G3 which has about 116gb on the sd card. In all I like both so it looks like ill be keeping both along with my Nokia 1520

To the OP, not a very subtle way of trying to sell your phone. You might as well of just asked people to buy it as I'm sure the people on here are not as stupid as to believe your reasoning behind the thread.

gdecandio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
"the screen colours can be adjusted on the 1+1 so the bland colours can be addressed"

Looks like they removed the option to adjust the colors in the latest CM update. I remember seeing this previously on the 1+1, but could not find it again when looking this morning. I found this XDA thread confirming it has been removed: forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/screen-color-setting-t2823879/page9

Last edited:

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have both d850 and d851 variants and this is an easy desicion. OPO all the way. My OPO has been rock solid in terms of battery and performance. I am and have been always a big fan of CyanogenMod ROM over a skinned version of android.