Review: My OnePlus 1 is a Lemon (Rev

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
OK first off I am not new to Android or Android based smart phone's, started with the Google G1 on T-Mobile back then, I have owned about 12 different Android phones in the past 3 years, from just about every manufacturer, and have successfully rooted and ran custom ROM 's on about 4 of them. Just wanted to state that so you guys understand not a newbie and not "operator error" I received my 1+1 on Wednesday morning used it as much as possible through Friday night, ran it through every possible use as a daily driver. I sent a support ticket to OnePlus last night asking for an RMA to return it. Here's what I found on my particular phone :
First off is the infamous yellow tint on the bottom of the screen, really not a big deal and as an owner of a Oppo Find 7a, it was expected. Second thing, no matter what sound, profile or phone settings I use, the phone will never ring more than one time, miss hearing the first ring and you miss the call as it will never ring a second time. The charger and USB cable that comes with the phone is the only cable and charger that will change the phone without putting it in to an endless loop of rebooting. (note: this is a flaw, as others have stated that the can use any other USB cable or charger) while on the USB cable topic, it is a pretty cool red flat cable with unique looking ends on it, though it is pretty short. Next thing is touch screen response, not good, tried the different settings for touch sensitivity, no difference, put 4 phones together all on the same WiFi network all on the same websites. The 1+1 failed to sense the area touched on the screen about 30% of the time as opposed to the Oppo Find 7a, LG G2, and an HTC One M8. Over all it probably is a good phone for the price, I am giving OnePlus the benefit of the doubt and just assume I received a defective phone, I am not going to ask for a refund, I am asking them for a new phone. I will see how that goes, their response time on support tickets is a little slow, but I can understand that being a new stat up with a limited number of employees.

Posted via Android Central App

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep. You got a lemon all right. A bummer to be sure but it happens. I have literally none of the issues you mentioned save a VERY slight yellow tinting at the bottom of the screen that I have to concentrate on to notice. Hope your RMA exchange (or refund) isn't a nightmare.

1+1/N5

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear you have a lemon it sucks but with every phone their will be those that have issues. Let's hope they can quickly fix their manufacturing issues.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
OP, what happened? Did they replace or refund?

I got tired of the 2 week response time to support questions, I just kept the phone, did about 5 factory resets, did the 2 recent CM software updates, did another 2 factory resets, as of right now, I still have the yellow tint at the bottom of the screen, cell signal strength is not that good, but other than that it seems ok. Would I buy another one? That would be a big No.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hm. Well at least it is working, but sorry to hear of those problems. I don't have a yellow tint on mine as far as I can tell. I haven't tested it yet on a carrier.