How to root one+ one?

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
If you intention is just to root it, there is a way to root it without wiping your device at all. I (and many others) tried it and it works. I will get that link for you in a bit. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm it seems I can't post URLs, let me know if you still need it and I can send you through PM.

Posted via the Android Central App

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Sent you a PM. Hope it helps. A guy shared his guide on OPO forum and I did it, so far so good. Since I'm not good at rooting device, I'm not sure about flashing custom recovery thingy. But the main thing I root is because I want to use betterbatterystats app, and I didn't want to reset my phone, so the guide helped me out. :)

Edit: it seems Tapatalk allowed the PM to be sent but in fact it is not there.

Edit 2: search for member JuanLitvin on OPO forum and you will see his thread with the title:

Root Guide (OnePlus One) - Doesn´t wipe your data!

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
That's the thread i wanna share (but couldn't paste link :p), the guide provided by the OP on the thread is much more straight forward than the guide provided by this particular guy's post you quoted and OP's guide is pretty straight forward and neat, can be done in 1-3 minutes (even for beginner like me). But I'm not sure what are their differences though :)

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
This guide appears to walk through rooting without unlocking the bootloader. Is that possible?
That guide is produced by JuanLitvin and his buddies unfortunately it's not written by JuanLitvin (which he has his previous guide written in a neat and understandable way), I will be waiting JuanLitvin to re-write the guide (I believe he's gonna do it today), the current guide wasn't clearly written, and many were already bumped into issues halfway through.

And his previous guide was indeed capable of rooting without unlocking bootloader. :)

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got this bad boy and needed to root it (read; first-world problem desperation) and this was the only guide that really got me through it successfully. I can't believe I didn't brick the thing. The other walk-throughs worked to a point but were ultimately no avail and lead to FAIL errors.