OnePlus One: Now comes the decision. Keep or sell?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
What's funny is the girl who bought it is tinier than me. Lol

Just goes to show how different people like different things.

It might also have to do with where they keep the phone. My wife's phone is always in her purse. So for her a large phone isn't an issue.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm bummed because it's so, so nice. But it's not much good if I spend half my time trying to find someplace to put it because it won't fit in my pocket.

It's strange that smartphones are getting bigger these days, but pockets aren't keeping up with the trends. I would think that clothing manufacturers could profit by making a fashion line with extra large pockets just to hold our everyday electronic devices.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
It might also have to do with where they keep the phone. My wife's phone is always in her purse. So for her a large phone isn't an issue.

I have a huge coach purse but I spend 11 hours a day at work and so it's in my pocket. If I only had to carry one phone I suppose I'd learn to live with it but I have to carry 2.

4.7 has always been my screen sweet spot.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It's strange that smartphones are getting bigger these days, but pockets aren't keeping up with the trends. I would think that clothing manufacturers could profit by making a fashion line with extra large pockets just to hold our everyday electronic devices.

Women's clothes often aren't practical, and they don't have real pockets. I've come to terms with this.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Okay I've been using the OPO for a week now as my daily driver, and its really nice. It really is. I'm lucky in that mine doesn't have a yellow screen or volume issues. Now I'm faced with a decision.

Do I keep it or do I sell it?

Here's my situation...I have an iPhone 5S, an iPad Air, and the OPO. I truly am amazed at what OPO has done with this phone. But I'm a girl, with girl hands, girl pockets, and the OPO is BIG. Like bigger than my M8 was which I could deal with, but just barely. My sweetspot has always been a 4.5-7 inch screen. And I just don't know if I can live day to day with the size of the phone.

So here are the options I'm mulling over:

1) Suck it up and try to learn to deal with it, and the fact that I have to leave it on my desk in the back room because it simply doesn't fit in my dress pant pockets. Women's dress pants are stupid.

2) Sell it. I already know I'm buying the iPhone 6, so I would put the proceeds towards that purchase. I always end up back on iPhone, it seems, but having the iPad makes it even more convenient with the way they talk to each other. I wouldn't make a profit, I'd sell it at cost and eat the duty I paid for bringing it into Canada. I'll end up down about $80 in the end, I figure. I can live with that. Its a week old, its not been abused lol.

3) Go back to iPhone. Keep the OPO because its unlocked in case I ever go on vacation and need a phone I can use anywhere.

In the last year I've owned the Galaxy S3, iPhone 5, HTC One M7 and M8, iPhone 5S, BB Z10, BB Q5...it seems I love playing with phones but always end up back with Apple. I suppose it makes sense with the iPad...

Decisions decisions.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I would sell it. I had it but it was too big like you say. Also I found the reception not as good as I'm used to. Even trying to use wifi in my house was a problem for the 1+1. And believe me I don't have a big house lol. I am currently using an LG G2 and this phone is probably the biggest I can use comfortably. I am also in agreement about what the optimum size could be. I am looking forward to see what Apple will bring to the table with the iPhone 6

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay I've been using the OPO for a week now as my daily driver, and its really nice. It really is. I'm lucky in that mine doesn't have a yellow screen or volume issues. Now I'm faced with a decision.

Do I keep it or do I sell it?

Here's my situation...I have an iPhone 5S, an iPad Air, and the OPO. I truly am amazed at what OPO has done with this phone. But I'm a girl, with girl hands, girl pockets, and the OPO is BIG. Like bigger than my M8 was which I could deal with, but just barely. My sweetspot has always been a 4.5-7 inch screen. And I just don't know if I can live day to day with the size of the phone.

So here are the options I'm mulling over:

1) Suck it up and try to learn to deal with it, and the fact that I have to leave it on my desk in the back room because it simply doesn't fit in my dress pant pockets. Women's dress pants are stupid.

2) Sell it. I already know I'm buying the iPhone 6, so I would put the proceeds towards that purchase. I always end up back on iPhone, it seems, but having the iPad makes it even more convenient with the way they talk to each other. I wouldn't make a profit, I'd sell it at cost and eat the duty I paid for bringing it into Canada. I'll end up down about $80 in the end, I figure. I can live with that. Its a week old, its not been abused lol.

3) Go back to iPhone. Keep the OPO because its unlocked in case I ever go on vacation and need a phone I can use anywhere.

In the last year I've owned the Galaxy S3, iPhone 5, HTC One M7 and M8, iPhone 5S, BB Z10, BB Q5...it seems I love playing with phones but always end up back with Apple. I suppose it makes sense with the iPad...

Decisions decisions.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Love #1. Girls dress pants are stupid. Fake pockets and stuff.

Back to the point. I think you should just sell it and eat the loss. Can you not unlock your iPhone for going abroad?

Or you can wait and sell it and get the new Nexus or Motorola which are rumored to have a screen option in that 4.5ish sweet spot.

Posted via Android Central App

Hordiyevych

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
In your position I would sell it, because it really is a big phone. Due to the demand of these things, you can sell them for a lot higher than the original price you paid for it. You can always get something like a Moto G as an international phone which is unlocked.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Honestly...I can't imagine selling it to go back to iPhone but if that's what you want to do, sell it. It deserves to be loved. :D

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Women's clothes often aren't practical, and they don't have real pockets. I've come to terms with this.

Perhaps manufacturers already came out with women's clothing that had reasonably-sized pockets, but they didn't sell well, so that's why you don't see them anymore.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it feels kind of heavy. Not sure about the sandstone sensation. It needs a case and that could make it too big. My Cruzerlite case also arrived so I think I may just put it right on although it will add bulk.

ETA: Kind of afraid to turn it on. What if it explodes like that one a few days ago? :what:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it feels kind of heavy. Not sure about the sandstone sensation. It needs a case and that could make it too big. My Cruzerlite case also arrived so I think I may just put it right on although it will add bulk.

ETA: Kind of afraid to turn it on. What if it explodes like that one a few days ago? :what:

The chances of that happening are 1 in 200,000+ so far.

I also own the cruzerlite TPU case and it doesn't add too much bulk. Imo its tall but pretty thin. However I'm a man and i guess hand size helps. Play with it a while. I've seen lots of women at work (6 that I can think of) that own Note 2s or Note 3s

Posted via...The One

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The chances of that happening are 1 in 200,000+ so far.

I also own the cruzerlite TPU case and it doesn't add too much bulk. Imo its tall but pretty thin. However I'm a man and i guess hand size helps. Play with it a while. I've seen lots of women at work (6 that I can think of) that own Note 2s or Note 3s

Posted via...The One

A question about the case, are the buttons supposed to be covered? Thanks. :) Also, where is the recent apps button on the phone, for multitasking?

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
A question about the case, are the buttons supposed to be covered? Thanks. :) Also, where is the recent apps button on the phone, for multitasking?

There is no. Go to settings and you van change it to a button you like.

Ive set mine on double tap homescreen button.

Posted by my G3 or my 1+

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Yes my buttons are covered using the case. I have the bug droid tpu case.

As far as the recent apps button for me it's the square shape button on the navigation bar

IMG_20140904_032723.jpg

If you're using touch keys it should be a hard press on the settings button I believe.

Screenshot_2014-09-04-03-27-13.jpg

Posted via...The One

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes my buttons are covered using the case. I have the bug droid tpu case.

As far as the recent apps button for me it's the square shape button on the navigation bar

View attachment 135272

If you're using touch keys it should be a hard press on the settings button I believe.

View attachment 135274

Posted via...The One

Thanks! I finally found the onscreen buttons which helps. I get fragmented going between all my phones when things are different lol. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae