New OPO OTA out today ( build XNPH30O)

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
The much anticipated official XNPH30O ROM for the OPO was released today. I manually downloaded and installed it using the stock CM recovery and my phone is running great. The color calibration is much improved, but the increased brightness of the hardware nav buttons is hard to distinguish. My phone didn't exhibit any of the numerous faults that have been discussed here and elsewhere so I can't comment on those items.

Get ready to update, the OTA should hit your phone this week if you'd rather not manually update like I did.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
From the official announcement:

What's new:
Upgraded to Android 4.4.4
Updated to new versions of Google apps
Added Clear Image
Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
Increased capacitive button illumination
Improved overall stability
Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
Fixed “OK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
Fixed Viber calls not working
Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
Fixed PicasaSync
Fixed Camera “O” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc

From Android Police:

Update: In addition to the above, we've noticed the following changes:
Speaker volume while on a call is higher - this is a very welcome change, as the speaker used to be practically unusable unless you're in a totally silent room.
Mic sensitivity when using voice commands is much improved - the One can finally hear what you're saying at an arm's length or more rather than just about an inch or two. If you use Google's Search app and interact with it using voice, the differences you will see are going to be night and day.
The mobile data symbol in the notification area now shows LTE instead of 4G when using an LTE network.
As part of Android 4.4.3/4.4.4, you will see a revamped dialer.
The model number is now being reported as A0001 for some reason.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes they are when I tested them I could actually see then. But I run onscreen buttons so that's never been an issue for me.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The much anticipated official XNPH30O ROM for the OPO was released today. I manually downloaded and installed it using the stock CM recovery and my phone is running great. The color calibration is much improved, but the increased brightness of the hardware nav buttons is hard to distinguish. My phone didn't exhibit any of the numerous faults that have been discussed here and elsewhere so I can't comment on those items.

Get ready to update, the OTA should hit your phone this week if you'd rather not manually update like I did.

How do you manually download the rom?

Posted via the Android Central App

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Found a link to it on androidpolice that I just downloaded. Rebooted into recovery then installed the update. What was funny is that a few minutes ago I just got another update that only fixed audio quality.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Found a link to it on androidpolice that I just downloaded. Rebooted into recovery then installed the update. What was funny is that a few minutes ago I just got another update that only fixed audio quality.
I got that incremental OTA last night, I didn't notice any obvious changes caused by it. But overall the OPO is running silky smooth and looks gorgeous while doing so.

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Got my update yesterday. Speaker phone volume issue is fixed! However the circle camera gesture still puts me in the lock screen.

tapatalk

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing the speaker reverts back to old volume levels at random. Then goes back to the update level.

Posted via my OnePlus One

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just did a reboot and the circle gesture is now working properly. It is no longer putting me into the lock screen.

I will keep an ear out for the speaker volume bug too.

tapatalk

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
When I did the update (manually) my notifications had some serious distortion to them. After a reboot everything was fine.

Posted via Android Central App

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Not saying it will fix everything but a reboot is definitely recommended after the update is done. It cleared some bugs up for me.

tapatalk

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Regarding battery life: I have no way of proving it to you all, but my informal testing (25R vs. 30O) I had similar battery life. My test method was similar but not lab quality: off the charger at 6am and back on at ~ 11pm. Usage pattern - hammer the phone all day long. Not egregious screen on time (say 5 to 6 hours) but I USED the phone. SMS. FB Messenger. FB. Twitter. GMail. Exchange email. Podcast Republic. Youtube (some). Just regular day to day use, not trying to prolong the battery unnaturally. Both scenarios had ~20% or so left at the end of the day, I'm satisfied.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't change my lockscreen wallpaper after this update.

My lock screen wallpaper is the same as my home wallpaper. I have custom lock screen enabled though. Try that. Of you use the cm lock screen the wallpaper is all blurry

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My lock screen wallpaper is the same as my home wallpaper. I have custom lock screen enabled though. Try that. Of you use the cm lock screen the wallpaper is all blurry

Thanks. Yeah , I know about that. The way it worked before is, you could uncheck "customize lockscreen" in settings and have a different wallpaper than your homescreen, with custom sliders. Now the only way to have a custom lockscreen is to have it selected in settings, but you will have the half blue screen and blurred image on the other half of you wallpaper. (like you mentioned)

This is one of the first updates I've applied in awhile that I actually don't like. My battery is draining faster and the screen colors are not as nice as they were before.

If's crazy, with all the complaining from people, they are trying to fix the issues, which is great. It's just that for people like me who liked the phone the way it was, the update is messing up things I liked now. I guess this is my excuse to finally root it LOL!