New OPO OTA out today ( build XNPH30O)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I'd say root it. In still holding off. Probably will root in about a month though I might wait for android l.

Also I want to look into the restore to stock ease as well. As far as how easy that is
Posted via my OPO

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I wouldn't mind waiting for Android L. I still like the phone, I just wish I'd waited on updating it. It was really nice before that, maybe one of the best phones I've ever had.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got prompted for the update, but having read some of these posts I'm reluctant to pull the trigger now. My phone is working great so maybe it's a bird in the hand until L is released.

1+1/N5

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got prompted for the update, but having read some of these posts I'm reluctant to pull the trigger now. My phone is working great so maybe it's a bird in the hand until L is released.

1+1/N5

I love my phone after the update. I'm only one user and opinion but to me it is a better phone. They fixed a lot of bugs. You get the Google 4.4.4 improvements plus additions specific to this device like the capacitative button fix, the gesture fix and the camera and speaker improvements. My only issue is speaker inconsistency. I know for a fact my device is loud at moments and reverts back to the volume before the update at times. I'm not worried about it because I'm finally able to call my wife and other people and hear them now lol. My issue seems to affect the bottom speakers, music is great, videos and calls on speakerphone are great, but the noises you get when you unlock the phone, when you hit the app drawer (that little noise the phone makes that sounds like a knock on wood). It changes it's volume on my device. But that's the only issue I have from the update. I say go for it

Posted via my OnePlus One

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a sound difference. Seems like it only affects it after the screen changes from the home screen.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC
You know I honestly haven't played with out enough to notice if when it happens. Thanks for pointing that out. Out just seemed so random

Posted via my OPO

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
You know I honestly haven't played with out enough to notice if when it happens. Thanks for pointing that out. Out just seemed so random

Posted via my OPO

I noticed it only happened in the video when you pulled the noti bar down or locked the screen or launched an app.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
You think the software is confusing phone sound with another sound group, my DD has four groups. You think it could be changing the sound level to another group?

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

Attachments

• 6354.jpg
    6354.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 33

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Only other thing I could think of is when you plug the headphones in and it reduces the sound for "safe hearing". But if it was a hardware issue I would think the headphone symbol would appear when the noti sound reduced in volume.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
No it doesn't appear. And since it's not affecting call quality so far in not worried about it. Like I said for every thing else it's fine

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
No it doesn't appear. And since it's not affecting call quality so far in not worried about it. Like I said for every thing else it's fine

As long as it works for you. The one I had my hands on pre update seemed fine to me didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Will have to see how update affected phone if at all. Hopefully, no adverse affects at all.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I gotta be honest, I knew I wasn't crazy, I'm just miffed no one else has this issue. But based on Steve Kondits recent post there are issues that effect some users and doesn't effect others. But for videos, calls and music my speakers are great and consistent. But the sportscenter app, you know the notification sound, that unmistakeable music every man associates with sports center? It's inconsistent with that, the first part of the jingle is loud, the second i part is lower. But I'm waiting on the updates, the recently announced ones, to see if they fix it

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the 4.4.4 update pushed two days ago. I do not understand why updates do not make you wipe your phone after installing. I always do and typically never has any issues....after the update my Oneplus had the same icons and after the wipe I got a new batch of icons. It is the little things, yes it is painful having to go into all the apps and re-signing in, but I find if you can be patient and wipe and reload it is worth the time and effort.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the 4.4.4 update pushed two days ago. I do not understand why updates do not make you wipe your phone after installing. I always do and typically never has any issues....after the update my Oneplus had the same icons and after the wipe I got a new batch of icons. It is the little things, yes it is painful having to go into all the apps and re-signing in, but I find if you can be patient and wipe and reload it is worth the time and effort.

Are you talking about new icons for the default theme? I don't use the default theme so that's why I'm asking. I've been thinking about doing a wipe and factory reset. I have noticed little improvements in performance.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I gotta be honest, I knew I wasn't crazy, I'm just miffed no one else has this issue. But based on Steve Kondits recent post there are issues that effect some users and doesn't effect others. But for videos, calls and music my speakers are great and consistent. But the sportscenter app, you know the notification sound, that unmistakeable music every man associates with sports center? It's inconsistent with that, the first part of the jingle is loud, the second i part is lower. But I'm waiting on the updates, the recently announced ones, to see if they fix it

I have the same issue but I notice it most when I'm playing back podcasts on Podcast Republic. If I stop the playback and restart it the volume is restored 9 times of out 10. Every once in a while I have to reboot.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Despite my speaker issue battery life has been awesome

Attachments

• 8970.jpg
    8970.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 29

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The next day still impressed. Had a storm here last night. Power went out. This phone held up like a champ

Attachments

• 9992.jpg
    9992.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 19

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey