Setting up a new 1+1

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Have a 1+1 on the way and I see that some updates have already been sent out. When setting up a new 1+1 do these updates all hit immediately one after the other? Would it be best to just do updates before setting up the phone as It takes me a while to set up a device. I usually allow all the updates to hit before starting the process of setting up if they all hit one after the other.

Thoughts?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Have a 1+1 on the way and I see that some updates have already been sent out. When setting up a new 1+1 do these updates all hit immediately one after the other? Would it be best to just do updates before setting up the phone as It takes me a while to set up a device. I usually allow all the updates to hit before starting the process of setting up if they all hit one after the other.

Thoughts?

If you set up the phone, the updates shouldn't override it unless it is to a newer version of Android. If that is the case, I would update before setting up the phone.

Also, 1+1=2.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
You will likely have the prompts or the updates will be preinstalled. When I got mines almost 2 weeks ago I got prompted to do an update during initial setup. Soon as I connected to my Wi-Fi network during setup it prompted me to do an update. I would also recommend updating first though it shouldn't effect your individual setup

Posted via my OnePlus One

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you set up the phone, the updates shouldn't override it unless it is to a newer version of Android. If that is the case, I would update before setting up the phone.

Also, 1+1=2.

Yes, I was referring to being interrupted while setting up the phone. Just did not know if the updates take a while to hit the device. Thanks.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You will likely have the prompts or the updates will be preinstalled. When I got mines almost 2 weeks ago I got prompted to do an update during initial setup. Soon as I connected to my Wi-Fi network during setup it prompted me to do an update. I would also recommend updating first though it shouldn't effect your individual setup

Posted via my OnePlus One

Good to know. I will just wait and installed any and all updates before proceeding to set up. Just did not want to wait optimize all my apps a few times after installing them lol!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital