Number 1 reason for the OnePlus One

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Good to see an honest response here.. I just got an invite and some of the reviews while good, don't seem to feel it's that advanced nor is the call quality or sound that great..

Quite simply, if not for the price, I wouldn't have bought one.

Not even CM11S is compelling enough a reason. I'm not the greatest CM fan and given the slow updates and missed fixes on 11S I'd take a nightly instead.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Was it that unstable and how stable is it now

Posted via Android Central App
Wouldn't say it was unstable, but it had little bugs like some program crashes. Right now it's very stable, and I don't have any issues. I also had issues with not very good signal quality earlier on, particularly data consistency. But now with the radio update it's better too. However, I still keep it running 3G, not LTE, to get better signal.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't say it was unstable, but it had little bugs like some program crashes. Right now it's very stable, and I don't have any issues. I also had issues with not very good signal quality earlier on, particularly data consistency. But now with the radio update it's better too. However, I still keep it running 3G, not LTE, to get better signal.
What provider are you using the phone on?

Last edited:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
T-Mo. I've been through this in the the previous pages. It's not all about the carrier, because I buy many different phones during the year, the Moto G LTE and Moto X consistently outclass this one in term of LTE performance. I drive 40min to and from work each day so I stream YouTube podcasts the entire way, with the Moto G or X I rarely ever have issues with the video freezing, with the OPO it does happen often unless I keep the video to 240p, but it might have improved with the new radio. It does perform much better with 3G.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Would you recommend it still or just wait for the new nexus

You. Always buy the OPO and sell it when the Nexus Co especially out. That is my plan. But only if the nexus is that much better and has usable storage. The last two versions have been crippled with tiny storage options. Cloud is nice, but u like to have a large library to browse my music and maybe even a movie when I travel and 32gig is jus tooo small.

My reasons. Price and updates. Even though they are a few dot releases behind Google, Cyanogen is doing great. They genuinely seem excited for their product and have the passion to see it through to the next level. Keep up the great work OP.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
As everyone said, top flight specs and pure Android without complete Google invasion with some smooth features in Cyanogenmod. And the storage, twice my Nexus! It's like a super Nexus only not polluted by Google may I not be reviled for putting it like that! I like Google and I love Nexus but it's nice to have choices. :D

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my 2nd OnePlus One this past week for my girlfriend after receiving a invite from the Summer photo thingy. FWIW, the One has turned out to be a very good device that more than fulfilled expectations I had when I first heard about it. I'm impressed with the total experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke