On my OnePlus-One: why am I having trouble connecting to WiFi?

indiane

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
OnePlus-One: Trouble connecting to WiFi...

I haven't had any problems and now when I click "connect" to any WiFi, it says saved but it doesn't actually connect. The only way I can get it to connect is reboot or toggle airplane mode. It's very annoying. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any problems and now when I click "connect" to any WiFi, it says saved but it doesn't actually connect. The only way I can get it to connect is reboot or toggle airplane mode. It's very annoying. Any ideas?

Factory reset is your only option that I know of. It's a mistake I myself have made. The very same day I got my OPO I installed a android l theme without reading the comments over at XDA and it boinked my WiFi. Whenever I get home I have to reboot my phone to connect to my home wifi. I've heard any theme that changes the look of your settings menu can screw up your WiFi. I'm gonna do a factory reset as soon as I can get to a PC to back up my pics and music and games. Once I do I'm not installing any L themes. I'll wait for the official release. If you come across any fixes please share, but I can just about guarantee it was a theme you used that screwed it up

Ps: I will say I got my theme that screwed it up from a 3rd party at xda. From now on I'm only using themes from the theme chooser or play store. No third parties
Posted via...The One

indiane

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trouble connecting to WiFi...

Factory reset is your only option that I know of. It's a mistake I myself have made. The very same day I got my OPO I installed a android l theme without reading the comments over at XDA and it boinked my WiFi. Whenever I get home I have to reboot my phone to connect to my home wifi. I've heard any theme that changes the look of your settings menu can screw up your WiFi. I'm gonna do a factory reset as soon as I can get to a PC to back up my pics and music and games. Once I do I'm not installing any L themes. I'll wait for the official release. If you come across any fixes please share, but I can just about guarantee it was a theme you used that screwed it up

Ps: I will say I got my theme that screwed it up from a 3rd party at xda. From now on I'm only using themes from the theme chooser or play store. No third parties
Posted via...The One

Thanks, I've gotten themes but only from theme chooser. It did change the way everything looks but just started having this problem but have had the theme for a cpl of weeks

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I've gotten themes but only from theme chooser. It did change the way everything looks but just started having this problem but have had the theme for a cpl of weeks

On the thread for the theme I used, it was in the comments that it'll mess up Wi-Fi. I know that's how I messed mines up. Also because during the initial setup the day I got the phone it connected to my Wi-Fi with no problem. Funny thing is if I turn off Wi-Fi, get on my mobile network and turn it back on it connects, but only if it was connected prior to turning off the Wi-Fi

Posted via...The One

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I've seen themes for sale that warn against using their theme if you're not using the latest/nightly CM builds/theme engine stating specifically that the Wi-Fi toggle is usually the usual culprit. Try switching themes to one that doesn't have this warning, you may still need to reboot for a complete [theme] application.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem is one you try a theme that boinks the Wi-Fi, I don't think there's anyway to get it working right except factory reset. I could be wrong, I HOPE I'm wrong.

Posted via...The One

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes