No wood for OnePlus One as bamboo SwapStyle cover now canceled

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No wood for OnePlus One as bamboo SwapStyle cover now canceled | Android Central

OnePlus announced that the company has cancelled production of the bamboo StyleSwap cover for the OnePlus One phone. Originally created to give more flexibility and allow for customization of the affordable handset, similar to what Motorola Mobility offers for the Moto X, the cover proved too challenging to manufacture for OnePlus and the company has canceled its plans to mass produce the bamboo back shell.

"Ultimately, we made the very hard choice to stop production of StyleSwap covers for the OnePlus One," the company said. "We simply aren't comfortable mass releasing a product that does not offer the best user experience."

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Not a big deal to me. I bought my phone and was prepared to buy the bamboo cover at that same time. It wasn't available so I've kinda been over it ever since

Posted via...The One

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd still be happy if they released some bright plastic covers. Even though I have a case on it it would still be nice.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
ToastMade is your last chance, but they probably won't produce it since it's not a high selling phone, maybe you can ask them to make one, but it'll probably cost more than normal.

Jlav78

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I was planning to get a bamboo skin from dbrand.com anyway. Their skins are really high quality but not real bamboo. Red Carbon Fibre back and Bamboo front might be an interesting combination I think.

Of course I have to get a OnePlus One first. Can't get it for another month or so unfortunately, even if I was to receive an invite now. If anyone has one of their skins, are they any good on the OPO? I currently have mahogany on my Nexus 4, it's great.

Victoria Valentin

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I never paid much attention to the swap-able backs so the news didn't really effect me much. The bamboo is really nice looking though. I'll try and snag one if the website doesn't crash with all the people attempting to do the same.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
They'll still have a short sale on the bamboo backs they did get made but, I guess the web site may not load if it gets too busy during the sale. As far as I know they didn't yet announce when it will be.

DE52

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
They seemed to have revived the bamboo case. Go check oneplus dot net. They're back in stock for 50$. Would post a screenshot or link but can't since I'm still a new member in terms of posts edit: clicked the link and still says you need an invite. Sorry about the fail/confusion. I thought the sale of the limited ones they had in September or October was already over.

Last edited:

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I honestly would rather have the sandstone back. It is more unique as Motorola has already made a phone with a real bamboo back cover option (Moto X 2013/2014)

Posted via the 64 GB OnePlus One on AT&T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34