What phone are you coming from? Why did you decide to buy this phone? What made you think maybe not?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the One just to try it out... Its cheap for the specs and 64GB storage. I hesitated only because of the lack of Qi wireless charging, which is almost a deal breaker. If my wife doesn't like it, I can use it, since I still plug in everyday in my Big truck (No wireless charging in any of my vehicles). I think I can skip charging at home on the Qi pads due to the larger battery. In which case I would only need to plug in at home on the weekends. That will be acceptable.

My wife is still on an N4(16GB) and I am worn out offloading her pics and vids once a month. :'(

The N6 is still my next phone when and if it shows. I always have a crew of folks I know who will buy unlocked phones. I have a buyer for the N4 already and my kids iphone 5. So I'll be replacing the kids phone at Xmas.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Ordered Monday night, still waiting...

Don't think it'll be here before Monday. Oh well.

My timeline was: ordered Tuesday July 29th at 5 AM. Order was in processing until Thursday morning, then "order complete" Thursday morning. No tracking info until Thursday night around 11pm. From Thursday until Sunday night, Sunday night, 3 days, I had no movement on the tracking number. Called the post office and everything. Three days with no tracking update? And then that Sunday night around midnight a FLURRY of tracking activity. Phone arrived about 11am that Monday 8/4. So 6 days for me. You'll be wondering a lot, but trust me, it'll get there. Their "standard" shipping is 2 day priority. Found out from the post office they printed the shipping label that Thursday night which is why I got the tracking #, but didn't submit the phone until Saturday to the usps

Posted via...The One

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My timeline was: ordered Tuesday July 29th at 5 AM. Order was in processing until Thursday morning, then "order complete" Thursday morning. No tracking info until Thursday night around 11pm. From Thursday until Sunday night, Sunday night, 3 days, I had no movement on the tracking number. Called the post office and everything. Three days with no tracking update? And then that Sunday night around midnight a FLURRY of tracking activity. Phone arrived about 11am that Monday 8/4. So 6 days for me. You'll be wondering a lot, but trust me, it'll get there. Their "standard" shipping is 2 day priority. Found out from the post office they printed the shipping label that Thursday night which is why I got the tracking #, but didn't submit the phone until Saturday to the usps

Posted via...The One

Chances are I'll be on that same timeline. Monday it is. Thanks for the info.

mlthd

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a HTC One M8. I ordered my OPO because I think it's a great piece of hardware with a near stock experience. Had a few concerns about OnePlus being a startup, but I was so excited when I finally got my invite that I pulled the trigger immediately. I ordered Monday night and I'm still waiting for it to ship. Can't wait to get it.

Posted via the Android Central App

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a HTC One M7. The only thing I miss is the great speakers. I'm really enjoying my OPO. No regrets whatsoever.

Posted via the Android Central App

Raistonic

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a Nexus 5 that I love but the curiosity and specs drove me to get one once I had an invite. I don't plan to get rid of my 5 unless I am blown away. I can swap back and forth depending on my mood that day!

Pseu

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Order is now "processing."

Hopefully not too much longer!

I also placed my order on Monday, just a bit earlier (it seems) than you did - 1:30 PM EDT. I received my "it's shipped!" email early this AM with an expected delivery of tomorrow. FWIW.

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I also placed my order on Monday, just a bit earlier (it seems) than you did - 1:30 PM EDT. I received my "it's shipped!" email early this AM with an expected delivery of tomorrow. FWIW.

Nooooo. I ordered mine Monday late evening, so I'll be lucky if it arrives Saturday. We will see. Let us know how it is when you get it!

Did you go right from "preparing shipment" to "shipped", or did you get to the "processing" stage too?

Pseu

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nooooo. I ordered mine Monday late evening, so I'll be lucky if it arrives Saturday. We will see. Let us know how it is when you get it!

Did you go right from "preparing shipment" to "shipped", or did you get to the "processing" stage too?

I was stuck on Processing for a good long while. Then woke up to Shipped today.

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Placed my order last night. I'm currently deployed so I won't be able to actually use the phone until late next month, but I am looking forward to it. Coming from Sprint and a HTC Evo 4G LTE, which was a great device (but I am so happy to leave Sprint for AT&T). I was deciding over either a new Moto X or the OPO, but I feel the OPO is the more well-rounded device. Plus, you definitely can't beat that price.

pjs37

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I came from a Lumia 920 mainly because I wanted a bigger phone but I didn't want to burn my upgrade in case I wasn't happy with it. The OnePlus One has solid specs and a good clear update plan from their developers and was the size I was most interested in. Overall I have been happy with it and I am enjoying my foray into Android.

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Got my OPO today, and everything on the hardware seems perfect. No yellow banding, decently bright screen, no issues. Software is a bit buggy still, though, and had an issue earlier so decided to do a reset and see what happens. A little bigger than what I'm used to, but it's still a sweet phone.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Got my OPO today, and everything on the hardware seems perfect. No yellow banding, decently bright screen, no issues. Software is a bit buggy still, though, and had an issue earlier so decided to do a reset and see what happens. A little bigger than what I'm used to, but it's still a sweet phone.

I knew you'd get it Saturday lol. You ordered earlier than I did on a Monday. Had I ordered mines Monday instead of Tuesday morning I probably would have gotten it on that Saturday instead of Monday.

As to any bugs, reset would normally fix it. I've noticed today that every time I make a call I have to turn the volume up, it goes down a notch on its own for some dumb reason. Like say I make a call on full volume. An hour later make another call and the volume will be one notch before full and I have to adjust it again. Eventually I'm gonna root it though. But there is a OTA that should be here the week after next per OnePlus

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...on-fan-gathering-and-xda-devcon.125645/unread

This is the big update many (including myself) have been waiting about a month for that should be mostly bug fixes.

I think some of these 3rd party themes cause performance bugs too. That's my opinion.

Anyhow, enjoy the phone. It's really awesome day to day

Posted via...The One

rcloke91

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I knew you'd get it Saturday lol. You ordered earlier than I did on a Monday. Had I ordered mines Monday instead of Tuesday morning I probably would have gotten it on that Saturday instead of Monday.

As to any bugs, reset would normally fix it. I've noticed today that every time I make a call I have to turn the volume up, it goes down a notch on its own for some dumb reason. Like say I make a call on full volume. An hour later make another call and the volume will be one notch before full and I have to adjust it again. Eventually I'm gonna root it though. But there is a OTA that should be here the week after next per OnePlus

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...on-fan-gathering-and-xda-devcon.125645/unread

This is the big update many (including myself) have been waiting about a month for that should be mostly bug fixes.

I think some of these 3rd party themes cause performance bugs too. That's my opinion.

Anyhow, enjoy the phone. It's really awesome day to day

Posted via...The One

Yeah I saw the thread about the OTA via Reddit. We'll see.

My only bug is that when restoring texts from my m7 the OPO is unable to wake when the screen is turned off. Power button doesnt work, and double tap to wake doesnt work. This is really annoying, and i want to keep my texts lol.

rawdeadfish

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to be switching from a Note 3 (Going to be my backup phone).
I wanted a different android experience and off contract. Seemed like a good option. Also waiting on the Nexus 6 (won't get it though since I've purchased the oneplus one)
My story is the same, coming from the note 3, looking for a different experience and to be off contract finally. Plus I love the look of this thing! Enjoying it very much, going into my 3rd month!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1