Stability

adam220891

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Strongly considering this phone or the rumored Nexus X (I can only wait so long for them to officially announce). I like the idea of a more pure Android experience as I cannot stand lag or useless features and bloatware.

However, I'm concerned about the stability of the OS on the OPO. Can you share your experiences with crashes, freezes, bugs, and other issues when using this phone? I currently have a WP8.1 device which is very stable and have used Android in the past with mixed results.

Thanks

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Strongly considering this phone or the rumored Nexus X (I can only wait so long for them to officially announce). I like the idea of a more pure Android experience as I cannot stand lag or useless features and bloatware.

However, I'm concerned about the stability of the OS on the OPO. Can you share your experiences with crashes, freezes, bugs, and other issues when using this phone? I currently have a WP8.1 device which is very stable and have used Android in the past with mixed results.

Thanks

No issues with stability. Every time I need it to function it does. I rarely get FC's. No issues imo

Posted via...The One

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
No crashes here, but the responsiveness is just a small tad less than my Nexus 5. But this is a powerful device. If you don't want a 6" phone, this could be the one you want.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Its been all good here.

I made only a few changes. Seems to be a bug where having Settings/More/Voice+ (Allow all apps to use SMS) checked prevented SMS to be sent, only received.

Also I always change some settings in Dev mode. Become a Dev Settings/About Phone/Build number (Tap Multiple times that will give you { } Developer Options in settings.

I reduce Animations to .5X and Animator to Off and check Force GPU Rendering(You might take a battery hit with this )

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
When I first had it, the earlier firmware had issues with a few apps and just small bugs like mic volume. But since a couple updates after that the phone is very stable and without any issues. If you want a fast and smooth experience, this phone is it, it's probably the fastest phone of 2014.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I get the occasional force close with a few apps (mostly stitcher and far more rarely Google voice)...I've attributed this rightly or wrongly to the fact that I use ART runtime, and that most apps aren't configured for it yet. It doesn't happen often enough to be a serious annoyance. Other than that the phone seems real stable.

1+1/N5

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
no issues with OS. i had to "open" dev section (nothing odd, just clicking five times some area in settings) and change the speed of cpu. for a some reason it was "locked" 1ghz in a high performance mode, so it was working from 300mhz to 1ghz. now those options for battery saving, balanced and high performance are working as they should.

only issue i have with the phone is the yellowish bottom of the screen. however i decided to keep the phone and not return it back because the yellow glow is so "small" and only visible in a low level of screen brightness and on light/grayish background. i also managed to "fix" it by a software (adds more blue to the area) so it is not visible anymore..

apps are working fine. no real problems like crashing or freezing. runstastic pro has some problem - when stopping the excercise and closing the app, i can see runstastic eating the battery still. gps (runstastic app!) is using the battery although gps is literally off... so i need to check if it is wider issue with runstastic pro or am i the only one having it...

i have had no problem to add peripheals like smartwatch or bt headset/headphones...

Sent from OPO.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084