So I've heard lots of good things about the One including great reviews from the usual bunch, stuff, Engadget, techradar etc... However reading the OPO forums it seems like its nothing but trouble and constant intermittent bugs!!

I'm not technically minded and therefore am not looking to root the device but do like the idea of how highly customisable the device is natively.

I've got an order ready to go for Mondays pre order and want to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

Any advice from current One owners would be great.

I'm currently using a note 3 btw.

Cheers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-25-2014 10:14 AM
    I also purchased this for the customization without root features and I love what cm has done. This phone is not without its bugs but I have not run into show stoppers. I would recommend this phone and I have been very happy with it. The only drawback for me is the size but you are coming from a note so you should be fine. Hope this helps.

10-25-2014 08:26 PM
    I've had the OPO for three and a half months. Overall, I've been very pleased. 33R wasn't a great update, but 38R has been much better. For the price, I still don't think there is a better phone. Size shouldn't be an issue for you. That was my biggest worry. I'm active on that forum and most of the griping seems to be people who just like to complain or who didn't do their research before buying the phone. If you know what you're getting into you'll be fine.
    10-25-2014 09:35 PM
    Any device specific forums will be full of complaints about bugs, etc. Honestly, I have less problems with my OPO than I did with my N4. Not a huge worry.
    10-26-2014 12:59 PM
    Excellent cheers guys. Now I've just got to hope the website doesn't go down with the traffic increase tomorrow.

10-26-2014 03:07 PM
    Just got my Oneplus-one and frankly for the price you are never going to get anything better... I got an official case to go along with it and it helps me grip the device and enjoy using it far more. It's lag free for the most part and I think it really allows me to do more and enjoy more, with the added benefit of having the abundant 64GB version.
    10-27-2014 07:05 AM
    I have had mine for a weekend and it's awesome. I took the camera out for a night walk and it is a freaking champ on HDR photos. Also, the battery life is absurd. I tried the Google launcher and it was pretty laggy, but everything else has been wicked good.

Best 350 I have ever spent.
    10-27-2014 12:34 PM
    I don't notice any lag with the Google now launcher...
    10-27-2014 12:56 PM
    I was up in the air when I first started reading about this phone but the more I weighed the options the better it looked. The price is just unbeatable. I preordered two 64GB versions, now I just have to wait 4 weeks... I wish I could get an invite to speed things up.
    10-27-2014 01:35 PM
    I think its sort of worth it, even though now there is very little price difference between a OPO and the (once) more expensive flagships like S5 and G3...at least this is the case here in Hong Kong.

I was waiting for an invite for long, didn't get one. So went ahead and bought a refurbished G3, which I had to return because of a factory defect...and luckily the next day I got an invite for the OPO. If my g3 didn't break down..i probably would not have gotten the OPO now.
    10-28-2014 03:51 AM