That's just a warning for people who rely on that app. That was a harsh surprise as I use that for Exchange email and calendar.
    12-10-2014 02:04 AM
    Mine seems to be working fine?
    12-10-2014 02:40 AM
    Really? Because when I try to find the app in the Play Store it isn't in the search results. So I had to Google it and find the Play link. When I clicked on that Play link, I got "This app is incompatible".

I'm talking about the stock mail app, not Gmail.
    12-10-2014 02:45 AM
    May I suggest you give this a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...loudmagic.mail

Posted via the Android Central App
    smoledman likes this.
    12-10-2014 03:10 AM
    Really? Because when I try to find the app in the Play Store it isn't in the search results. So I had to Google it and find the Play link. When I clicked on that Play link, I got "This app is incompatible".

Ok I am using Gmail, just gone onto play store and I can see "inbox by Gmail" Google app and can download it if you mean that one?
    12-10-2014 03:55 AM
    I use cloudmagic for my work email and love it. They even have an app for my chromebook.

12-10-2014 10:37 AM
    May I suggest you give this a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...loudmagic.mail

Thanks!
    12-10-2014 01:57 PM

The stock native email app (non-gmail) that is found on the Nexus phones isn't compatible but the stock email app on the OnePlus One is essentially the same. I used it on my OPO and I don't think it was any different than the native email app I had on my Nexus 5. In fact, I was quite happy that the app was the same. I tried out a Sony Z3, and Sony messed up the native email app so much that I returned the phone as I rely on Outlook.com for my email (not Gmail so I don't use the Gmail app).

I no longer have the OPO nor my Nexus 5 so I can't do a full compare but I had no issues with the OPO native email app. Again, it looked exactly the same and you still had the full calendar, contact, email push sync through Exchange ActiveSync.
    12-10-2014 02:13 PM
    It works for me. I used it for my yahoo account until the recent gmail update when I merged my yahoo and gmail together. Now I use gmail for both. I also don't know what you mean when you say you had to download it, it comes stock on cm11s I believe

Posted via...The One
    12-10-2014 02:44 PM
    Miraculously, after adding my work account into "Corporate accounts" in Settings, the OS magically auto-installed and auto-configured the Google Mail app and I'm good to go!
    Chex313 likes this.
    12-13-2014 11:25 PM
    That's just a warning for people who rely on that app. That was a harsh surprise as I use that for Exchange email and calendar.
    I use the stock email app on my OPO daily for my exchange account at work.
    12-19-2014 08:34 AM
    Try "Nine" email app instead.
    12-20-2014 11:54 AM