OPO picture samples.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I've taken some great pictures with my OPO. I noticed that we don't have a thread to share them and thought of starting one.

This one was taken on slow shutter for 8" without any editing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 63025.jpg
    63025.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 259

AlfieBriggs

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
What a stunning picture! The One Plus One certainly doesn't compromise on camera quality, good for a $700 phone, amazing for a $300 phone, well done One Plus.

Also happy shooting! Photo looks crispy!

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The only thing really missing from the OPO camera, in my opinion, is optical image stabilization. I find myself missing that from the Nexus 5. Unless you hold steady, pictures can come out kind of blurry, especially during low light.

However, the camera is better than the Nexus 5 in every other regard.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The only thing really missing from the OPO camera, in my opinion, is optical image stabilization. I find myself missing that from the Nexus 5. Unless you hold steady, pictures can come out kind of blurry, especially during low light.

However, the camera is better than the Nexus 5 in every other regard.

How are you liking the OPO overall? I remember you got the moto x and returned it. Not sure if you ever tried the Nexus 6. The OPO is great device!

Posted via my Nexus 6!

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
How are you lime the OPO overall? I remember you got the moto x and returned it. Not sure if you ever tried the Nexus 6. The OPO is great device!

Posted via my Nexus 6!

I must say I'm enjoying my OPO very much, and am glad I went through the trouble to return the Moto X (I just couldn't deal with the camera).

With the OPO, I have a more affordable device (I got the $350 64GB version), that has much better specs and a much better camera. The screen is a bit too big for my personal taste, but it's nothing I can't get used to (and already am. When I pick up my Nexus 5, it feels tiny now!). Besides the screen size, everything else is great.

Good speakers. Great reception and GPS signal. Gorgeous screen. Battery life is phenomenal (went to bed with 64% left after 14+ hours off the charger and 2.5+ hours of SOT from an average use day). I just don't worry about battery life anymore. It's a lovely feeling.

And more importantly, Cyonogen is great. It's stock Android "Plus" -- small tweaks and smart additions to the software that really add to the overall experience in nearly every way. It would take me forever to list all the helpful tweaks. It makes things easier and more fun. Software-wise, I think Cyonogen beats Moto's version of Android. I can safely say I don't miss anything from the Moto X (except for maybe one thing: I wish the white back was an option for the OPO's 64GB level).

And I certainly don't miss anything from my Nexus 5 (though I can't wait to get Lollipop on the OPO).

Lastly, when I consider the value of the OPO, then I get even happier! $350 dollars for top-tier specs (a lot of which is very future-proof. I mean, 3GB of RAM?), amazing software that is, in my opinion, better than stock Android, and beautiful/reliable hardware, all unlocked with proper T-Mobile GSM and LTE radios... it's just insane.

Best phone I've owned to date. It's a real shame the invite system was so badly implemented to turn people off from this device. It's a real gem.

PS. Never got to really try the N6 except for in-store model. Looks and sounds like a lovely device, but I am happy with my OPO choice especially considering the N6 screen size and price point (too big, too high!).

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Nice sunset outside my house. Just got my oneplus one so I haven't had a chance to take many pictures

Posted via the 64 GB OnePlus One on AT&T

Attachments

• IMG_20141214_162556.jpg
    IMG_20141214_162556.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 195

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I also wish the white back had been an option for the 64 GB version. So me too, for all of that, OTCA. :)

Sent from my A0001 using Forum Fiend v1.3.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have to reiterate that the lack of ois is becoming a real negative and the only one thing thus phone falls short on.

Pictures often come out very blurry. Do you guys have a solution for this? I end up having to take multiple photos just to make sure one of them will be clear.

Does "clear shot" or "steady shot" solve this issue? Or does it trade in other qualities just to get something more in focus? What are those two differences anyway?

Any other suggestions?

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Some pictures from a recent trip of mine

Posted via the 64 GB OnePlus One on AT&T

Attachments

• IMG_20141231_090127.jpg
    IMG_20141231_090127.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 13666.jpg
    13666.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 13660.jpg
    13660.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 13647.jpg
    13647.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 147

MSFTisMIA

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
The camera always pleasantly surprises me. Here are some nights shots in NYC.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Attachments

• 7168.jpg
    7168.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 7171.jpg
    7171.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 148

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I love my OPO but I have to be honest, I don't know what the hub bub is about the camera. I think it's decent at best but poor and blurry majority of the time. It just doesn't capture clear clean pictures even after I wait or tap for the green focus.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I love my OPO but I have to be honest, I don't know what the hub bub is about the camera. I think it's decent at best but poor and blurry majority of the time. It just doesn't capture clear clean pictures even after I wait or tap for the green focus.

I agree. My 5 year old NexusS took better pictures. I have yet to take a good picture, and the ones posted here are just awful.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's cause of a lack of OIS or because of software processing. I have to take multiple shots just to ensure I get a good clear crisp one. That's frustrating.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What exactly does clear image mean? Is there an official description?

I think it takes like 10 pictures in a second and processes them into one picture. It takes a few seconds for the process but you do not have to hold the camera still for the full time. I usually hold the camera steady for one second even though it is still processing the picture together after that second.

You can also select which modes are selectable when you scroll through the modes.

here is the explanation on the OnePlus forums:
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/introducing-clear-image.83393/

Posted via my OnePlus One!

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree. My 5 year old NexusS took better pictures. I have yet to take a good picture, and the ones posted here are just awful.

You mean the Nexus S that did not even have a zoom on the camera? Needless to say, I disagree with that statement...