Should I Buy The OnePlus One?

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using a Nexus 5, and I love it, and also love Android Lollipop.

I am thinking of buying a new phone, and considering a OnePlus One to be my next purchase.
I wonder if the phone works good or not, if I can enjoy Google Now the same way I use it on my Nexus 5.
How about the battery life? How about the camera? Would you recommend it?
Tell me your opinions, give me advices, and most important thing...can you please send me an invite for purchasing it?
Thank you for your comments and opinions.

WarrenBoy

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
My friend uses a OnePlusOne and he told me about lots of good things. You get a near-stock experience (Cyanogenmod 11S) and you can tweak as you like. The screen also has good viewing angles. The battery life is average and the camera is fine but panoramas aren't too good. If you don't care too much about the camera, then it's a good idea.

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
You can use Google Now the same as on your Nexus 5.
Battery life is very good. I would not call it average. You will get at least twice what you have now. I had a Moto X 2013 and would get home with 20 to 30% most days. Now I get home with around 60 to 70% most days.
I don’t use cameras too much but it does the job as well as any I have had.

This phone is still a great buy for the money. Cyanogen has a lot to offer past the normal Android stuff. I believe I may have to root any future phones and put Cyanogenmod on them. It has features I am not willing to give up for new hardware.

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
You can use Google Now the same as on your Nexus 5.
Battery life is very good. I would not call it average. You will get at least twice what you have now. I had a Moto X 2013 and would get home with 20 to 30% most days. Now I get home with around 60 to 70% most days.
I don’t use cameras too much but it does the job as well as any I have had.

This phone is still a great buy for the money. Cyanogen has a lot to offer past the normal Android stuff. I believe I may have to root any future phones and put Cyanogenmod on them. It has features I am not willing to give up for new hardware.

Which features, for example?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using a Nexus 5, and I love it, and also love Android Lollipop.

I am thinking of buying a new phone, and considering a OnePlus One to be my next purchase.
I wonder if the phone works good or not, if I can enjoy Google Now the same way I use it on my Nexus 5.
How about the battery life? How about the camera? Would you recommend it?
Tell me your opinions, give me advices, and most important thing...can you please send me an invite for purchasing it?
Thank you for your comments and opinions.
I have an N5 and a One + I gave to my wife. The One+ is better in every category, than my N5. Except for Qi charging. So battery life, camera, 4K vids, bigger screen, storage, RAM, etc.

Its just a better less expensive N5. Google Now works the same(You just have to install it). Its not good enough for me to get another one, as long as my N5 is working...but if something happened to my N5, I would replace it with a 64GB One+.

Its very customizable out of the box, with themes, its has knock to wake/sleep. The rest of the "extra features" can be had by installing C11 on the N5. Its has extra settings, which I don't care about, I would list them but its kinda tedious, to go through and list all the differences. Basically its a Super charged Lollipop ROM.

I filled out a One+ survey this morning and will get an invite from it. If you can wait I'll be glad to pass it on to you. Be aware the invites expire fast, so you'll need to use it quick.

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
What changed in 24hrs? You have a potentially free invite for the phone you requested an invite for from the community.

Me 2 you via Lg0gPro

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I filled out a One+ survey this morning and will get an invite from it. If you can wait I'll be glad to pass it on to you. Be aware the invites expire fast, so you'll need to use it quick.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it.
Do you need my email address?

Posted via the Android Central App

chinasmartphones

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Oneplus One is great smartphone, but it is a little bit old now. If you have budget you should consider some other smartphones or if you have patience wait for Oneplus. Meizu MX4 is great smartphone if you have enough money. :)

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
How does it work as a phone (reception, call quality, does it drop calls, etc?) What carriers are you using?

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I think the best thing to do is to wait for the new HTC One and then decide to go for it or the Nexus 6. I can't see, as today, other high end Android phones. Even the very good Sony Z3 could change in the next months, but if you are looking to get a new phone in a couple of months these are the best alternatives to look at. My 2 cents.

tigerchilly

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone ..im looking to purchase a used one+ one here in uk..
Will this work on THREE?
Is it a good idea to buy this phone used?
What else for around £200?
The phone is for my brother to replace his GS3.
My choices-
Nexus 5
Moto x (1st gen)
One+

LG G3 32gb

Paul Ellis1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone ..im looking to purchase a used one+ one here in uk..
Will this work on THREE?
Is it a good idea to buy this phone used?
What else for around £200?
The phone is for my brother to replace his GS3.
My choices-
Nexus 5
Moto x (1st gen)
One+

LG G3 32gb

Hi,

I'm in the UK too and on 3 and have no problems with the oneplus one I also purchased used.

I get great reception and 4g coverage everywhere I did on my iPhone 6 (south East London area)

ShinyPixelgames

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes!

It's really cheap, the battery stays alive for 3 days if you don't play too much. The camera is good ( you can record in 4K) but the focusing sometimes takes a bit too long. I'm loving my OPO, never had any trouble with it so far. You wont regret it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze