Screen not turning on with power button, volume, or tap to wake

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Every now and then, most of the time first thing in the morning, I can’t get my screen to turn on. Tap to wake is generally how I wake it but even the power button will not work when this happens. After trying a while it finally does wake. Or my alarm goes off and wakes it. This morning was the worst though. I ended up grabbing my tablet and using my Google Voice # to call my cell number so the screen would turn on.

My son has an OnePlus and has this exact same issue sometimes. Anyone else? I have done a factory reset and the problem is still there.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I sometimes have a problem with tap to wake but the power button always works on mine. Sorry I don't know what to suggest.

You could try turning off tap to wake? Or toggle it off and on after a reboot. Clear cache might help too.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Tap to wake has gotten slower since the latest update for me. Very disappointing as it was working reliably before.

But no I've never had it never wake. It just now can sometimes take a few tries of double tapping. Especially in the morning after the phone's been asleep for a long time.

It's pretty unacceptable for double tap to wake to not be reliable anymore. This is one of those features that really needs to be on point or else it really ruins the whole idea, which is to easily and quickly wake the device without having to reach for the power button.

Hope this is fixed in a future update.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Tap to wake has gotten slower since the latest update for me. Very disappointing as it was working reliably before.

But no I've never had it never wake. It just now can sometimes take a few tries of double tapping. Especially in the morning after the phone's been asleep for a long time.

It's pretty unacceptable for double tap to wake to not be reliable anymore. This is one of those features that really needs to be on point or else it really ruins the whole idea, which is to easily and quickly wake the device without having to reach for the power button.

Hope this is fixed in a future update.

I sort of agree. It's one of my favorite features but I also don't have a problem using the power button if I have to.

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
OK so I did some searching and think I found the issue. I unchecked the prevent accidental wake up feature and have not had the issue since. So maybe my son and I's proximity sensor does not work like it should.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20