Hey everyone! I read in articles that cm 12s is being released on the opo today? Is this true, or has it been delayed yet again?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2015 05:25 PM
    It was supposed to be released today, not holding my breath waiting for it. I'm quite happy with Kit Kat, and have mixed feelings for lollipop as everyone left and right seems to be complaining about it on other devices.

03-30-2015 07:13 PM
    They've just updated their forum to say that CM12 is also delayed due to certification issues with no further date given

03-31-2015 07:49 AM
    Not that I crave for lollipop (I am more than happy with kk).. But they should have been careful regarding the eta.. Under promise and over delivery is better than over promise and under delivery.. Which is the case with opo.. With that said.. A stable rom is better than a half baked version! Let's see what they deliver finally after all these delays

AC@OPO
    03-31-2015 05:36 PM
    They've just updated their forum to say that CM12 is also delayed due to certification issues with no further date given

Yet one more reason I sold my OPO. Dishonest, plain and simple. I went back to my Note 4. At least with samsung they don't make promises they can't keep. And I live me some spen

Posted with the best peice of technology I have ever owned.....My Note 4.....
    03-31-2015 11:23 PM
    Yet one more reason I sold my OPO. Dishonest, plain and simple. I went back to my Note 4. At least with samsung they don't make promises they can't keep. And I live me some spen

Posted with the best peice of technology I have ever owned.....My Note 4.....
    Wow, that's a bit of a U-turn you've done on it.

Don't get me wrong, I too have found the update process very frustrating, but my opo is still running great on 4.4.4. I'm confident they weren't deliberately misleading us with their projected update schedule, that would be crazy. I'm sure they're as annoyed as us that they haven't delivered. I'll wait till it eventually drops before making any decisions to switch

04-01-2015 02:46 AM
    It's the simple fact that the should not have said A WORD about release dates until the certification process was 100% complete. They are like a person that goes out and spends a ton of money because they bought a lottery ticket for Saturdays big drawing, every says your spending a lot of money did you get a new job? Nope I bought a lottery ticket so I'll be all set after saturday.

My point is, don't make promises about something you really have no control over. OPO can't say they will have a new os sent out OTA on such and such a date, when they have not even been certified by Google to send it out to the end user.
    04-01-2015 07:23 AM
    After today's announcement I said screw it, rooted flashed CM12 nightlies. Rocking lollipop and so far so good.

04-01-2015 12:55 PM
    After today's announcement I said screw it, rooted flashed CM12 nightlies. Rocking lollipop and so far so good.

I'm very tempted to do this. Although I've really been enjoying android since switching from ios, I still find the idea of rooting and flashing a rom very scary!

04-01-2015 01:00 PM
    I'm very tempted to do this. Although I've really been enjoying android since switching from ios, I still find the idea of rooting and flashing a rom very scary!

I have avoided rooting, etc. ever since I started using Android... like back in the Droid Eris days. But after reading so many people speak of the ease and safety of it, I decided to do it. I figured, there are so many guides, etc. I even found a root/unlock tool for mac that literally did all the work for me. The flashing of cmnightlies was a snap. Head over to the OnePlus forum and do it. You won't be disappointed. Only took me like 30 minutes.
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    04-03-2015 09:30 AM
    I have avoided rooting, etc. ever since I started using Android... like back in the Droid Eris days. But after reading so many people speak of the ease and safety of it, I decided to do it. I figured, there are so many guides, etc. I even found a root/unlock tool for mac that literally did all the work for me. The flashing of cmnightlies was a snap. Head over to the OnePlus forum and do it. You won't be disappointed. Only took me like 30 minutes.
    Thanks, think I'll give it a go later. Do you have a link for the Mac toolkit? Did you lose all data?

Thanks in advance

04-03-2015 09:36 AM