Feature differences between Cyanogen 12 and Oxygen OS

Salil

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello Friends,
Can someone tell me what would be the feature differences between the two different OS. I already have Cyanogen 11 so will I be getting the Cyanogen 12 update automatically?

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello Friends,
Can someone tell me what would be the feature differences between the two different OS. I already have Cyanogen 11 so will I be getting the Cyanogen 12 update automatically?

You should get CM12 at an ota update. CM12 should have essentially the same features you enjoy with 11. It will be updated to lollipop with material design baked in.

Oxygen, on the other hand, is a much lighter ROM. It closely resembles stock Android like one would find on a Nexus device.

If you like to customize everything with the theme app on your phone, you'll want to stick with CM12. If you want a stock feel without a lot of unneeded extra "features", Oxygen is a great fit.

Personally, I've enjoyed Nexus devices in the past and a stock experience. So I went with Oxygen and I'm enjoying it!

Posted via the Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got CM12 today. It was a lot smoother and faster of an update than the Nexus 5 when it got lollipop. But there's an annoying screen dimming bug that's bothering me. Otherwise everything's fine. OK OnePlus works beautifully.

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried Oxygen, but there's one feature in CM that I like: The so-called "navigation ring", a set of shortcuts that you can swipe from the home button. You can assign them to what you want. I find I use these quite a lot, and I wouldn't want to give them up, although there's an app called "All in one gestures" that does something similar.

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
After using oxygen for 2 months I switched to cm12 and I have to say cyanogen is much better. Mainly I like the customization and there are a lot of little bugs in oxygen and there aren't any talks of an update for it

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried Oxygen, but there's one feature in CM that I like: The so-called "navigation ring", a set of shortcuts that you can swipe from the home button. You can assign them to what you want. I find I use these quite a lot, and I wouldn't want to give them up, although there's an app called "All in one gestures" that does something similar.

I remember seeing that with CM11 but could not after the CM12 update. Where is it located in settings?

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I remember seeing that with CM11 but could not after the CM12 update. Where is it located in settings?

settings... buttons... screen navigation (enable) ... navigation ring... "edit"

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Is CM12 arriving on the One as an OTA? I thought with the break between the two parties that OS updates had to be side loaded for now. Is that not true?

If there are OTAs that will update the phone to Lollipop that will make me more likely to buy one. I don't want to screw around with bootloader unlocking and sideloading roms.

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
cm is coming as an ota, but oxygen is needed to be downloaded/flashed. cm will still send otas as they have promised. lollipop has already rolled (100%) out for all Ones.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance