Battery Life on the OPO after Lollipop update?

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to know if the battery life is still stellar on this device after either the CM12 or Oxygen OS Lollipop update. Any information on SOT, battery discharge screenshots etc would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

kurioskurion

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any hard data to prove my thought. But battery life is very sightly worse on Oxygen, but only barely. I still get a full day of heavy use like I did before. I just usually hit 5% around 9pm instead of 10pm like I did before.

Posted via the Android Central App

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
In my experience with CM12, even after factory reset, the battery life is noticeably worse. Still good compared to my previous phones (M7, N4) but definitely worse than 44S (Kit Kat). .

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
In my experience with CM12, even after factory reset, the battery life is noticeably worse. Still good compared to my previous phones (M7, N4) but definitely worse than 44S (Kit Kat). .

have you checked what is causing it?

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Battery life was the same when I first switched to Oxygen (5 hours SOT) but now I'm only getting about 2:30 hours of SOT which is kind of disappointing

Posted via the OnePlus One On Oxygen OS

sc_al

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine is loads worse I've lost 10 percent in ten mins just with normal use... And last weekend my phone stopped working completely.... The touch screen just want responding....

ubizmo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that battery life took a slight hit with lollipop. I can't quantify it, and it's still good overall, but not quite as good as it was on 11s. On 11s, I'd usually have close to 40% left when I put it on the charger at night. Now, with the same usage pattern, it's closer to 30%. That's still enough to get through the day with power to spare, so I'm not complaining, but it's not quite what it was before.

On the whole, I find nothing about lollipop to be worth the upgrade. I'm sure it'll get better as they refine the ART and tweak in UI, but at the moment it's a big nothing, in my opinion.

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying out a lot of things for the past couple of months with regards to cm and cos builds. cos12 gave me issues with receiving sms, poor signal quality and below par battery life (gplay drain, os drain etc..).. I tried cm12.1 nightly builds and the same issues persisted. I also experienced insane amounts of random reboots.. I was literally spending a lot of time tinkering rather than just using my phone...

I finally gave up.. and decided to revert to 44s (cm11s)..and what a difference... extremely stable.. better signal... great battery life..

other than a ui overhaul (which I am willing to sacrifice).. under the hood enhancements of lollipop have not really compelled me to upgrade..

my recommendation.. stay with stable OS than be the beta user and face the inconvenience and frustration!

AC@OPO

Volcanicstrad37

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Well here is what happened to me overnight on cm12 Ota. And I have installed maybe 5 apps since a wipe and reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 13945.jpg
    13945.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 30