Is it just me or are the instructions for install oxygen on the oneplus forum terrible? Instructions to do something should never hyperlink to an install that's not a direct step of what is needed...

Hopefully someone can help me out: The instructions assume I have Fastboot and ADB. No idea what these are, but the link takes me to Installing the Android SDK for Windows, Mac and Linux: A tutorial | Android Central - literally no mention of Fastboot or ADB in this link - can someone help me out? Step one on this new set of steps say I need to download SDK direct from Google, and take me through another hyperlink (Download Android Studio and SDK Tools | Android Developers) and no idea what I'm supposed to install here.
    05-08-2015 07:15 PM
    Search youtube.com. There are several videos that will walk you through the process.
    05-09-2015 07:59 AM
    any that are particularly good for someone totally new to this?
    05-11-2015 07:59 AM
    Here you go mate:

http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/gu...ygenos.290202/

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-11-2015 07:48 PM
    Is it just me or are the instructions for install oxygen on the oneplus forum terrible? Instructions to do something should never hyperlink to an install that's not a direct step of what is needed...

Hopefully someone can help me out: The instructions assume I have Fastboot and ADB. No idea what these are, but the link takes me to Installing the Android SDK for Windows, Mac and Linux: A tutorial | Android Central - literally no mention of Fastboot or ADB in this link - can someone help me out? Step one on this new set of steps say I need to download SDK direct from Google, and take me through another hyperlink (Download Android Studio and SDK Tools | Android Developers) and no idea what I'm supposed to install here.
    The fact that you don't know what fastboot and ADB are means you shouldn't do a thing and do some reading...a lot of reading. It is an easy process once you understand the basics and ADB/fastboot are the basics. The links you have posted are all about ADB/fastboot. The one that takes you to Google is how you get ADB on your computer so you can run fastboot commands in your command terminal. The first link gives you instructions how to set the ADB files up on your computer so you can use them whenever you need them. Take your time, read everything twice and then have fun unlocking your bootloader, installing TWRP, rooting your Oneplus, and flashing ROM's.
    05-12-2015 10:21 AM