on Marshmallow. Can't see/access storage

berrygood909

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the official Marshmallow update via the Cyanogen Update tracker app. Everything seems normal. Today I went to add and delete music. When I plugged it into my computer it shows the title of the phone but not the internal storage. This would only occur when the screen was locked. But now I can't see anything.

Solution?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After connecting the phone via USB, swipe down the notification panel--do you see a USB option? If so, tap it and make sure MTP is selected.

berrygood909

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
After connecting the phone via USB, swipe down the notification panel--do you see a USB option? If so, tap it and make sure MTP is selected.

I definitely don't have that option. When it was working, I never had that option in the notification panel. Now I don't have it at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I confess that I don't know if CM does something different when it comes to the USB connection options. When it was working before, do you know where you had to go to choose the USB connection mode (MTP vs PTP vs charge only)?

berrygood909

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly enough, when I plugged in the phone, unlocked the screen, and then pull down the notification panel, I got the option to choose which storage, and chose the MTP. However, before Marshmallow I didn't have to do that each time. I just had to have the screen open. How do I make the MTP permanent vs doing that each and everytime? Thank you for the info so far B. Diddy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't remember what you chose last time? That's odd--I think my 6P wlll remember, but to honest, I rarely connect via USB, so I'd have to double check.

berrygood909

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
My OnePlus before updating to Marshmallow did remember. My nexus 6 also does. But after Marshmallow, it forgets apparently.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer