Oneplus X won't detect any SD cards

Aline Dufrenne

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,*
I have a Oneplus X, I'm on Oxygen 2.2.1-X, Android 5.1.1, system is updated... the SD card is a SanDisk ultra 16GB microSD that I've been using for 2years or so without any problems.

Since yesterday my phone won't detect any SD card. I was listening to music, all of sudden got the message saying I can take out the card and since then it's impossible to use any SD card. My phone doesn't detect my usual card, it won't allow me to install it manually in the settings, when I connect my phone on my PC via USB I can only see the internal storage... (I can't find my SD adaptator to try it) but anyway I thought my card was fried and that I lost all my data.

I tried with another SD card, same problem. No detection, can't install it, nothing. But with the 2nd card, I left the phone with it and idk how but the option to install it manually in the settings just reappeared (well I was able to click on it) but when I try to do so, nothing happen, phone vibrate but seems to not be able to even start the operation.*

Very very frustrating. So now I don't know if it's the phone, the card, or the slot.
Hope someone can help me.

Have a nice day and thank you. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit--or there might be a problem with the phone's SD reader. If you have access to another phone that will recognize the card, then insert it and install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer, if possible. If you don't have a microSD adapter, buy one at your local electronics store--they should only cost about $2. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Aline Dufrenne

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you!

I didn't know about the storage ting, I know my SD was almost full before what happened, I will try all the solutions then and hope it's not my phone's SD reader!

Aline Dufrenne

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello again,

I didn't have time to buy a microsd adapter but tried the SD card in another phone and it didn't recognize it either.
Anyway I had some things to do during the day/evenings so I put back the SD card in my phone and left it like this the entire day, around 9pm my phone vibrate and write the message saying it's ready to mount the card??? So I do it and now it's working perfectly fine, got all my datas back... I really don't know what happen, SD insight seems to tell me the card is OK but I will backup all my datas just in case and also buy a new one.