Any Opera users out there?

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Opera is my first choice browser on Android and my Mac computers. Chrome is great, and probably more capable than Opera, but (in my experience) too much of a memory hog.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I've got my pixel 3 XL... Last night I tried opera full browser on my phone. I've only tried opera a few other times before. I looked at operas download file size, plus it's got the ability to view full desktop pages by default something that you've got to click each and every time for chrome. I mean I'm just so used to using chrome since we've got Android phones here... Does opera really use that much mess of ram/file space though? I mean the ideas of having as a default setting the desktop view for all websites that I visit on my phones is intriguing. Thanks for the suggestion, and the insight.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd stay away from Opera these days. A Chinese consortium called Golden Brick Capital bought them in 2016, and like other apps that followed this pattern (like ES File Explorer and QuickPic), it started going downhill in quality and reliability/security. On top of that, check out this article: https://www.androidcentral.com/opera-accused-offering-predatory-loan-apps-interest-rates-above-300
Okay thanks for the info. I appreciate it ... I did not know that at all. Yeah I took it off my phone back to chrome.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie