OPPO find 5 has been announced.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
There were rumours about this device having a 1080p screen and the Chinese company has announced it today. This device comes with:

Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 chip 1.5ghz (not sure if it's a15)
Adreno 320 gpu
2GB Ram
1920x1080 screen ips (441ppi) 5inch
NFC
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
2500mah battery (I think)

Those are some specs of the device, I'm not sure whether the chipset is a a15 as I see on a website that it said it DId, and another website said it's the same chip as the LG optimus G. This is a great device and rivals the droid DNA.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Does this rival the DNA in dev support, quality, network service available (remember DNA is Verizon, is this GSM?) and update obsolescence or only on the spec sheet?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Pros:
Durability - That was pretty amazing.
Price Point - Not quite a Nexus, but way better than other flagships.
Forum Based Development - OMG That is awesome.
Development - Keeping it open source and easy to root, etc. is awesome.
Constant Updates - Love this
Network - This looks like a GSM only device, which is great for people that have that option, unlocked devices rock. This is a pro and a con to me, because I have to switch carriers to use it.

Cons:
Buttons. Capacitive is better than hardware, but still prefer on-screen. Main reason, rotate screen in "phablet" mode (PA) buttons go to the bottom side, not in the same place all the time, they're where your thumb is. I'm 90% sure I saw a menu button. They have Samsung style (then copied by LG, etc) setup and that's bad for Android. Does running PA overcome the menu button and return it to the screen in the apps? I'll have to play with it to find out.
App Icons - Easiest thing to fix, but IMO the stock icons are vastly superior to TouchWiz style icons.
Network - This looks like a GSM only device, which is great for people that have that option, unlocked devices rock. This is a pro and a con to me, because I have to switch carriers to use it.

In my opinion the pros I listed far outweigh the cons and this is a sharp device that I hope does really well, because it has some great messages to send to the rest of OEMs. I really want to play with this device. It looks like they're coming at this from 100% the right place and executing at about 90% ideal, compared to other top devices available right now. I wish they would have moved further from Samsung, but it makes sense they take some cues from that direction given the success of Samsung devices.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I REALLY like the fact that they do bi monthly OTA updates, and that they implement ideas from customers via their forums.

I'll check back with Oppo in September, when they release the Snapdragon 800 powered successor.

Posted via Android Central App

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I REALLY like the fact that they do bi monthly OTA updates, and that they implement ideas from customers via their forums.

Saying they're going to do these things and actually doing them are two different things. I wish them the best, but there's no shortage of flagship phones and more coming down the pipeline every day. If OPPO is going to succeed in the US they'll need to honor their commitments.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Saying they're going to do these things and actually doing them are two different things. I wish them the best, but there's no shortage of flagship phones and more coming down the pipeline every day. If OPPO is going to succeed in the US they'll need to honor their commitments.

They already have been doing it...