Rooting Your Optimus Elite The Easy Way

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
First off this method was created by giantpune of android forums and I take no credit. This method is listed as beta for the time being but as far as I can tell it works fine. Ive used it on my optimus elite without issue as have many other elite owners. But for the sake of saying so,what you do with your device is up to you. If you brick it not following the guide (with this method I do not see how you could..but anything is possible), you are responsible.

Prerequisites : New elite owners should update their device with the LG update before rooting. This will prevent the need to re-root after update. Users who have rooted with any other root method who have returned to stock root using the jcase root method should update using the LG update to prevent the need to reroot after update. Otherwise anyone using any other root method including jcase method,does not need to root using this method. YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED. Why use this?? :)

Step 1 : Download Ministro II.apk provided below and install it. Let it update and get what it needs.

Step 2 : Download poot.apk listed below and start it. Click "press here to poot"..it happens almost instantaneously. Probably wont notice much except the log output.

Step 3 : Click "get superuser". This will open google play store to download superuser. If play store doesnt load it correctly,stalls,or just goes to default play store home screen,type superuser in search prompt and it will provide the superuser download page. Install superuser,open it and move to the info tab click tap for updates and let it update,depending on your connection you may get a fail. Dont worry try it again. Superuser should update the binary for su and you are pretty much done. You can download root check if you like from play store to verify. Or you can use the poot built-in root check. screen shot is provided below to show you the output for a successful root. After root enjoy and if you meet giantpune on android forums or here. thank this individual for providing this extremely simple root method. Trust me,using the other root methods vs this is a task. So a thank you would be deserved.

Attachments

• 20120907064632.jpg
    20120907064632.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,148
  • Ministro II.apk
    478.6 KB · Views: 31,686
  • Poot-debug.apk
    304.7 KB · Views: 21,418

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
incidentally,this root method also works for the sprint optimus elite. wanted to update for sprint users who are out there in limbo looking to root their elite.

cfreeman90

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you & everyone who put in all the hard work on this, I now have full root access and i'm thrilled with it,..The only problem i'm having is an annoying pop up message that reads..."Sorry Your google play book has stopped working, Report or force close"........Any answers??...Thanks in advance!!

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
update the app via play store,or uninstall any update added and redownload it. alternatively you can try clearing the current installs data and cache to see if it stops force closing. or just uninstall it with an app like system tuner.

earle81us

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Just did this root, followed step by step. Worked perfect! Optimus Elite connected to my Win7 laptop easily with Barnacle Wifi tether. Connected to my ICS tablet using PdaNet Tablet app and FoxFi on the phone (bluetooth mode). Hotspot wouldnt turn on for some reason, but oh well, connected is connected. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

chrismd223

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I am new to rooting and was hesitant to go with the complicated method. So I waited for someone to come up with simplified alternative. I am glad I did and now I get to see what my phone can do. I would love some suggestions on optimizing and utilizing my phones potential. Thank you

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
i appreciate people thanking me for this post but do not confuse it with thanking me for the root application or methods used. i didnt create any of it. not that talented really lol. but i will pass the thought on to those who did by letting them know in their respective threads on other forums that many are liking their work. :)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow, impressive!
Now, for the custom ROMS...

Still need a recovery, unfortunately.

---------- Post Merged at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:41 AM ----------

P.S. This leads me to the following question -- if you're rooted, does ADB work in stock recovery? Couldn't you use that to wipe everything and flash the new ROM (i.e. basically a huge process of manually copying over everything) via a script / batch file?

---------- Post Merged at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:41 AM ----------

^^ I stand corrected, looks like you guys have a recovery now. Awesome.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
you install them both right from your elite. download a file manager that will let you navigate to sdcard like fx file manager. install from there. if you get a permission error,change settings and allow unknown sources and retry.

---------- Post Merged at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:37 PM ----------

oh and keep an eye on these forums the next couple of days. recovery is done for the elite. and potentially a few ROMs also. things will update fast the next few days.

---------- Post Merged at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:37 PM ----------

sprint users using this method to root might want to keep tabs also. because the recovery for VM elite may very well end up compatible for your use also. I'll ask and see if it is. as for sprint ROMs. that's another story.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Curtis, if you can work some magic and get those guys to bring threads for their ROMs over here as well, that would be pretty bad-ass.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
well Leslie is most likely to be the first to release ROMs for the elite. I think she already has some early stuff ready. I'm sure she'll post them here. and I'll ask the crew that did cwm to drop in also with stuff they think is relevant also. as for any other ROM developers,none I'm aware of ATM but I'm sure that will change fast.