[rom] GSnapElite 1.5 VM

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Circle me on Google plus I'm there most of the time, don't be afraid
http://gplus.to/kenharkey7

I reactivated my Facebook http://facebook.com/kenharkey

This is GSnapElite, a rom that had been heavily influenced by gingersnap from neko95 on xda. The goal of this rom is to provide flexibility, stability and performance under one roof. I will strive to make this rom as light, efficient and powerful as possible, in short lean and mean.

It is based off the latest version of Harmonia so you still get it's stability and performance in a whole new package.

First off the credits:
# hashtag for the original base
# Leslie Ann for Harmonia
# Artine for the write up in the hydra thread
# giantpune for the kernel
# neko95 on xda his gingersnap Rom was the inspiration for this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28465534
# Anyone else who had a hand in making any component in this rom

### A special shout out to coffee my motivation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGzgwbnB7eM

Standard disclaimer:
You flash this of your own will I cannot and will not be held responsible for any damages, please know full well what you are doing before you flash my rom. That being said I've had zero issue flashing and running this I've had zero issues but of course ymmv.

Personal disclaimer:
This is my first time trying something like this, the closest I've come is remastering my own ubuntu so for the love of Torvalds and Stallman make a nandroid backup before you flash.

GsnapElite
[HIDE]What's different?
It includes all scripts and tweaks that tagged has plus..added script to set proper permissions for system apps for each boot

All apps that were taken out are still gone plus I removed..gmail, App quarantine, busy box installer, Swype, Holo Locker, Holo Launcher, gallery ics (I think that's it, if there are more I'll update)

Added the very latest version of flash for gingerbread, titanium backup, es file manager, aLogcat (for now), quick pic, Swype beta installer, quick boot, tesla led and juice defender, lighter fonts, latest version of super su, fixed calendar and quick memo so they should be working now, giantpune kernel had been updated to the 10_26 build.[/HIDE]

Changes in New version
# Now based on Harmonia
# Most tweaks have been removed
# Titanium, Google Talk, Google Plus, No Frills CPU now included
# LG Keyboard Removed
# Reverted to the 10-26 kernel

Changes in previous version
[HIDE]# lg keyboard
# Cyanogenmod dsp manager
# finished theme
# Removed extra files left over from TheLGE
# Transparent lockscreen sliders
# Removed titanium, stock keyboard, voice search, juice defender, aLogcat and quickpic.
# Reinserted gallery3d with icon to match the rest of the ui
# Status icons now themed
# unlocked home from memory (this has greatly reduced lag)
# set vmheap to 64 [/HIDE]

What makes this special?
I'm working toward a full LG ui 2.0 experience, I'm working hard porting over the apps and widgets as well as theming it the rom. So far it has LG 2 home launcher with full widget support, widgets for [Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, battery, network status, picture frame, incoming messages, and alarm clock], all core app icons are themed (working on fully porting them instead of just theming), LG ui 2.0 wallpapers are included, new boot animation.

Issues, concerns, bugs and annoyances:
# The first few seconds of a boot seems to lag a bit, working on this
# Just noticed, when adding a tapatalk widget it didn't appear for about 30 seconds, may also happen with other widgets.

# Send any other reports to kenharkey7@gmail.com

Screenshots
uploadfromtaptalk1364767439944.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364767541804.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364767492742.jpg

Full size wallpaper
Full size version of default wallpaper

Basic install method

First time - Make Nandroid, Wipe /cache, /system, and /data once, dalvik cache twice, then flash

Updating - Make Nandroid, Wipe /cache once, dalvik cache twice, and /system once. Flash

Downloads
GnapElitev1.5 (pretty much final until i get a laptop)

GnsapElite1.5

Md5
8e6bf0d2189031b7bffdfad86a419931

I welcome any and all comments, questions, concerns and feedback.

### due to limitations on my end I won't be able to get the widgets working just yet, if by some stroke of luck I can get to a computer I'll upload a small package that will fix them. For now this rom is going into a holding pattern until I figure some stuff out, I at least wanted to upload this updated version with fixes and theme changes in the mean time###

# only the latest version will be posted here, if you are interested in previous versions let me know and I'll add the links.

Sent from the beyond

Last edited:

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Change log:
Version 0.9.1 Internal testing
I hit my phone with science and poked it with a stick.

Version 1.0 first public release
First release no real changes yet.

Version 1.5
Finished up theme, improved stability and performance

FAQ, because why not?

Why did I choose the default apps?
I picked tesla because it's the best all around flashlight in my opinion and really useful. I picked es because it's nice looking, ad free, root powered and has access to ftp, it had helped me build this rom and my website. Lg keyboard because....do I need to say it? Swype beta installer because Swype rocks and its free.

I thought you didn't have a computer, how did this make this rom?
I used es file manager, zarchiver, 920editor and tapatalk to look things up, I manually themed every apk by hand and thru a lot of trial and error.

# If you would like to help out the "Kenny needs a laptop badly" fund consider dropping me a play store card so I can get a Chromebook :thumbup:

Sent from the beyond

Last edited:

jeremiah82

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Just installed this rom. Really nice work! I love what you have done to the interface and an noticing a huge speed increase overall. Keep up the good work! I know this phone has potential. We just need more developers for it.

I think I will keep this rom installed for awhile.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

jeremiah82

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you did or what has changed in the phones settings, but I am noticing a huge boost in my 3g data speed :)

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

jeremiah82

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. That's the awesome sauce working. Fyi I have have another Rom and I'm about to release the first custom cm9 Rom for the elite
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B82boW6WyAKkVlFMTFF3YW93Szg/edit

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

What is awesome sauce exactly? Because I am amazed. I currently live on the south end of my city and the signal is always weak and I will have 1 or 2 bars. But when I go to work on the northend of my city, my phone will have a full 5 bars and fast 3g speed because the sprint towers are on the northern part of town.

Last night before I flashed this rom. I was running stock rooted with poot and my signal was so weak it took 5 minutes to load a webpage.

After I flashed this rom. My webpages load right up without barely any lag and my 3g connection is so much more stable while I sit here at home on the south end of town.

I am definitely interested in your new cm9 rom and can't wait to test it out. But until then, I will be using this rom. It is awesome. Please keep up the great work! :)

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
It may have to do with the improvements Leslie Ann made to the base. The Rom is based on harmonia

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
This phone has cost me another job due to its data issues....I'm going out this weekend and I'm going to hopefully get a new phone which means I won't be updating my roms anymore. I'm sorry it had to be like this but when this device has single handedly cost me not once, not twice but three times now the opportunity to get a job and get off the streets, something has to be done

groveborn

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having random restarts, so far all while using Facebook and Facebook Chat apps. Granted the phone is in the middle of installing several apps as well. I'll post if it reboots after all the installs are done as well

groveborn

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ah. Found the problem. My phone doesn't like being overclocked to 1.6ghz. I would strong recommend that not being the default. This is my second handset that didn't like going above 1.4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair