10-30-2015 03:18 PM
92 1234
tools
    please fix camera
    Things like that just can't be fixed so easily and I'm the only one working on this rom at the moment.
    ZackVortex likes this.
    07-14-2013 09:11 PM
    i understand this rom is just so good i love it so much i just wish my camera worked for face time ect. great job btw
    07-14-2013 10:55 PM
    Maybe you can take a look at ChameleonOS for the Evo 3D for the camera fix. ChameleonOS is current at 4.2.2 and it had the darn camera issue. One of the guys added a file "UNAM_ Cam_Vid_Fix.zip". All we had to do is boot into recovery and flash file and it worked. It might be different for this os but it might help to pin point were the problem might be.
    07-16-2013 08:09 PM
    Doing a great job on this! Thoroughly enjoying your handiwork. ^_^
    zumatech likes this.
    07-17-2013 07:26 PM
    updated
    07-18-2013 11:19 PM
    whats the new update change or what kinda performance did it have?? (:
    updated
    07-21-2013 10:35 PM
    Finally a OE CM9! Thanks! I hate gingerbread
    07-24-2013 08:59 AM
    phenomx4 i know your very busy work on your roms and you do great work but could you please do a little more work to cm9 and fix the camera much appreciated
    p.s. i know you are the only one working on these roms
    zumatech likes this.
    07-28-2013 12:12 AM
    Just posting this just to let you know I haven't forgot or abandon CM9. I;ve just been working on getting the camera and other issues fixed and while camera doesn't work still, it's very close to operation.

Here are my other posts from another forum about the camera.

A lot closer to camera.

Here is a logcat if anyone wants to help figure out the problem.

08-05 15:31:19.205: I/QualcommCameraHardware(1175): Parameter HFR is not support - Pastebin.com
    Stock camera app force closes immediately because it can't set the orientation. 3rd party camera app (I'm using CameraMX) does not force close but has a black preview screen. trying to take a picture either force closes or makes the app stop responding but I can however turn on the flash with CameraMX so that means I'm close to getting the camera working.
    I get no more crashes from mediaserver when opening CameraMX but there is still one error I still get repeatedly which is "CAM_FD: ...config thread select timeout...". Taking pictures and video still doesn't work.
    AstroValia likes this.
    08-07-2013 08:54 AM
    Thanks for working so hard on this!
    08-10-2013 04:15 AM
    Posting an update about the camera from an other forum. It is barely functional at all.
    Stock camera app force closes immediately because it can't set the orientation. 3rd party camera app (I'm using CameraMX) does not force close but has a black preview screen. trying to take a picture either force closes or makes the app stop responding but I can however turn on the flash with CameraMX so that means I'm close to getting the camera working.
    I get no more crashes from mediaserver when opening CameraMX but there is still one error I still get repeatedly which is "CAM_FD: ...config thread select timeout...". Taking pictures and video still doesn't work.
    Fixed the orientation crash, now it's crashing because it can't setup preview. Currently looking in the preview area. I'll try pushing the stock camera from GB to see if it can show preview.
    Tried the stock camera from GB. Still crashes because of preview.

"java.io.IOException: setPreviewDisplay failed"
    Found a camera app that gives somewhat of a preview. Here's, the preview and snapshot. First picture for the OE with CM9. Not the best though.

Looks like auto focus works now. I notice it taking pictures with the same resolution as our screen. 320x480
    08-13-2013 02:54 PM
    I spent last night messing with NFC using this rom & it's extremely flakey the phone no longer reads mifare tags and pushing/receiving ndef is very unreliable, works maybe 5% of the time. I really need working NFC & usable API14+ on the OE & don't care how I get it. anyone have any sugegstions?

p.s. other than the NFC stuff, loving CM9 on the OE
    08-15-2013 09:13 AM
    I spent last night messing with NFC using this rom & it's extremely flakey the phone no longer reads mifare tags and pushing/receiving ndef is very unreliable, works maybe 5% of the time. I really need working NFC & usable API14+ on the OE & don't care how I get it. anyone have any sugegstions?

p.s. other than the NFC stuff, loving CM9 on the OE
    Yeah I'm working on it but it isn't just the Elite having trouble with NFC tags but other devices as well when they move to CM9 from stock.
    08-16-2013 12:04 PM
    Updated.
    08-16-2013 03:20 PM
    Updated
    08-19-2013 10:46 AM
    I don't have time to upload the builds so just flash this in recovery. Video recording doesn't work.

Dev-Host - camerafixoecm9.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Enjoy!
    08-20-2013 03:40 PM
    Updated. Camera (including video recording) is now fully functional but may have some glitches/bugs.

Panorama still doesn't work but it's not a camera issue, it's a graphic issue.
    08-21-2013 04:45 PM
    Thank you for all your hard work phenomx4. I greatly appreciate that you got the camera and torch working. I was kind of wondering why there was a torch app and it didn't work. I thought you had it working on it and I had it corrupted at that time. Anyways I have the gapps and rom downloaded and I am coming back to this rom. The gingerbread rom I had was getting on my nerves as it kept having it store crash and then revert back to the original version even though I didn't uninstall the updates. The rom is called sleipnir and aside from the store I couldn't find the cyanogen mod settings to adjust them. Well I am going to update the rom and will post a response on what I think of it later.
    08-24-2013 11:15 PM
    Thanks so much for this ROM. I now like my phone for the first time since I bought it almost a year ago.

I'm glad to hear you're planning on fixing the NFC Google Wallet problem at some point. I look forward to it.
    08-27-2013 02:54 PM
    Im having trouble recording with the camera
    08-29-2013 08:52 PM
    im having problems running any video recording app on my phone can u plz fix this im using snapchat and instagram
    08-30-2013 06:34 AM
    Updated. You no longer need to reflash gapps every update because of the updated scripts.
    08-30-2013 06:48 PM
    I have the 8/20/2013 version of the rom. I haven't had a chance to update to the latest one yet but I can say that the rom is working awesomely. The camera indeed does work as well as the torch that it has had installed for awhile but never worked until now. So now there are just a few kinks to remove and the rom will be perfect. But I am happy without the built in wifi tethering working or even the panorama mode. I would say start to develop the newest android jellybean rom since this one is more than stable enough to use for everything anyone would usually use it for. Anyways thanks phenomx4 for all your hard work with this rom in making it close to perfect. I look forward to your development in any more roms that you may develop for this phone.
    08-30-2013 07:31 PM
    I've been running this rom for 3 hours and it's great! Thanks
    09-02-2013 12:06 PM
    can anyone help me set the phone address book to sort by last name rather than first name? thanks!
    09-05-2013 06:12 AM
92 1234