[ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/3/2013

groveborn

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][BETA] CM9 for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 06/26/2013

Most of the restarts I've experienced have happened either while, or after, playing music and switching to maps. Using maps also can cause trouble, usually while switching the screen off. Memory seems to be a huge issue, as there's just not enough.

seraphim5

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your time and effort in making this work on the epic. It is appreciated.

armymartinez

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
How much free memory does this version have on boot? My stock elite (rooted, some apps removed) starts out with 139MB free. That value is displayed in Settings / Storage / System Memory (at the bottom)

Brandon Keel

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I used this for a couple of hours and it worked great, then i turned it on and tried to download an app from the play store (I'm guessing it's the gapps one...) and it say "no connection" so I hit retry and the same thing happened... The strange thing is the browser still works on Wifi and 3G. I've factory reset and reset my cache and installed them both in the right order again but still the same thing. I changed my time zone earlier but I dont know if that has anything to do with it because I changed it back to the correct time (EST). I've also reset my modem too. please help!!!!

christylynn1978

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
First off, I'd like to say THANK YOU for this ROM! I feel like I have a brand new phone! While it's had a few issues here and there, overall it's been more satisfactory (and MUCH prettier) than the original system. It's also cleared a LOT of space and allowed me to install apps/games that previously were "incompatible" with my phone. I absolutely love the color scheme (it just happens to be my favorite color), animations, and menus. I've paired the ROM with GO Launcher and the "Blue Light" GO Locker Theme for an overall beautiful and smooth experience (see screens in link below). There are so many things I love about this ROM that it's hard to list them all, but here are a few: power menu options (especially screenshot & reboot), FAST boot speed, statusbar brightness control, drop-down controls (PlayerPro didn't have controls in the drop-down before, so I give you credit for that), and the "task manager" style menu (I'm not sure what it's called - the menu that appears when holding the Home key).

Now, to report a few minor bugs:
  • The default camera app occasionally gives the "cannot connect to camera" error & requires a reboot, although other camera apps work (but the CameraZOOM flash doesn't seem to work).
  • As previously reported by others, the phone seems to lag on incoming calls, sometimes only displaying the phone number, sometimes displaying nothing at all (but I usually screen my phone calls anyway). ;)
  • The most recurring issue is the "not responding" error that seems to pop up within moments of opening many apps. It would be great if there was a toggle option for the time allowed before prompting to close/report program, or just an overall increase in delay.
Screenshot_2013-10-24-08-29-29.png

I've made an album of screenshots from my phone after installing this ROM (as well as GO Launcher & various other apps), in case anyone is interested in taking a look (I wish I could get a screen/video of the awesome boot animation):
LG Optimus Elite (VM 696)

Much Gratitude! ^_^

ThisIsMyShine

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm fairly certain this means I did something wrong, but after installing the ROM and rebooting, my phone doesn't get past the loading screen - the snazzy one with CyanogenMod9 and all the teal lights on it. What did I do incorrectly so that I can go back and fix?

Thanks!

Update::

Nevermind that - got it all figured out and working now!

Last edited:

ThisIsMyShine

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey Phenom! Thank you for such a brilliant rom. It's beautifully put together and runs very well. So far I have been enjoying it much more than the stock that came my LG.

Once I figured out what I'd got wrong and got everything loaded on the phone, things have been running without any issues or glitching all day for me. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the web browser and gmail app. I know that the phone has working internet - the Google Play store works, my contacts from Gmail are synced, etc., and if I tab out of the browser pages it shows the webpage minimized - but when trying to use the web browser, the page is simply a blank white page with nothing loading - and gmail never seems to finish trying to sync my messages.

Ideas?

Other than that everything is stellar. And I love the panorama. :D

aangbell

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I have a question!! want you could help me install cm9 on my optimus elite, but I have a question: I'm from Mexico I bought the cell phone in the U.S., and unlocking it to use it here in mexico, my question is that if you change rom also remove the settings I had, it will return to block (lock)? PLIS Help Me!! I really want to change rom
and the truth is almost no information to do so in this cell!! :'(

phenomx4

May 10, 2012
Visit site

First off, I'd like to say THANK YOU for this ROM! I feel like I have a brand new phone! While it's had a few issues here and there, overall it's been more satisfactory (and MUCH prettier) than the original system. It's also cleared a LOT of space and allowed me to install apps/games that previously were "incompatible" with my phone. I absolutely love the color scheme (it just happens to be my favorite color), animations, and menus. I've paired the ROM with GO Launcher and the "Blue Light" GO Locker Theme for an overall beautiful and smooth experience (see screens in link below). There are so many things I love about this ROM that it's hard to list them all, but here are a few: power menu options (especially screenshot & reboot), FAST boot speed, statusbar brightness control, drop-down controls (PlayerPro didn't have controls in the drop-down before, so I give you credit for that), and the "task manager" style menu (I'm not sure what it's called - the menu that appears when holding the Home key).

Now, to report a few minor bugs:
  • The default camera app occasionally gives the "cannot connect to camera" error & requires a reboot, although other camera apps work (but the CameraZOOM flash doesn't seem to work).
  • As previously reported by others, the phone seems to lag on incoming calls, sometimes only displaying the phone number, sometimes displaying nothing at all (but I usually screen my phone calls anyway). ;)
  • The most recurring issue is the "not responding" error that seems to pop up within moments of opening many apps. It would be great if there was a toggle option for the time allowed before prompting to close/report program, or just an overall increase in delay.
View attachment 90615

I've made an album of screenshots from my phone after installing this ROM (as well as GO Launcher & various other apps), in case anyone is interested in taking a look (I wish I could get a screen/video of the awesome boot animation):
LG Optimus Elite (VM 696)

Much Gratitude! ^_^
Yeah, the camera needs some work but those other bugs seem fixed in AOKP JB/Jellybean.

Hey Phenom! Thank you for such a brilliant rom. It's beautifully put together and runs very well. So far I have been enjoying it much more than the stock that came my LG.

Once I figured out what I'd got wrong and got everything loaded on the phone, things have been running without any issues or glitching all day for me. The only thing I can't seem to get to work is the web browser and gmail app. I know that the phone has working internet - the Google Play store works, my contacts from Gmail are synced, etc., and if I tab out of the browser pages it shows the webpage minimized - but when trying to use the web browser, the page is simply a blank white page with nothing loading - and gmail never seems to finish trying to sync my messages.

Ideas?

Other than that everything is stellar. And I love the panorama. :D
I recommend to use CM10 or AOKP JB because this white page bug is solve in jellybean and is a much faster rom than CM9 or AOKP ICS.
I have a question!! want you could help me install cm9 on my optimus elite, but I have a question: I'm from Mexico I bought the cell phone in the U.S., and unlocking it to use it here in mexico, my question is that if you change rom also remove the settings I had, it will return to block (lock)? PLIS Help Me!! I really want to change rom
and the truth is almost no information to do so in this cell!! :'(

It shouldn't lock it.

aangbell

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

if I could do it! Thank you very much for this amazing rom! Which easily overcomes the cell phone had Thanks:)

Brian Odom2

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

first off, i flashed this yesterday, quite easy. very awesome. i have one question though, the elite had a function so that when you received a text or notification, the soft keys lit up. is this function still there? if so, how do you turn it on. again, brilliant work!

christylynn1978

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, the camera needs some work but those other bugs seem fixed in AOKP JB/Jellybean.

I hate to sound like a newb, but are you referring to the beta ROM here?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...y-bean-virgin-mobile-sprint-10-21-2013-a.html

I assumed that any updates to this ROM (or beta versions that could be better) would be posted in this forum, and this is the first mention of AOKP I've seen in this post... If you're saying that I should install that other ROM, will it overwrite the settings for this one? I love the way that I have my phone set up now (especially the color schemes, as I mentioned in my previous post), but I'd be willing to give the beta a try if it isn't going to cause too much chaos.

Also, I noticed that my SD card appears to be partitioned (or something) after installing this ROM. When I "move" apps to the "SD Card" they appear to go to a section of the SD Card labeled "Internal Storage," where I have much less space available than on the actual SD Card (note this is separate from "Phone Space"). The screenshot below is from Android Assistant, so I don't know if there is a glitch b/w that app & this ROM or if it has something to do with the way this ROM is configured. I'd love to actually have access to the 7 GB that is supposedly available on my SD Card, if possible. Please let me know if there is a setting somewhere that I can configure, or if this is just some sort of glitch.

AndroidAssistant_2013-11-21-09-36-13.jpg

Thanks again!

phenomx4

May 10, 2012
Visit site

first off, i flashed this yesterday, quite easy. very awesome. i have one question though, the elite had a function so that when you received a text or notification, the soft keys lit up. is this function still there? if so, how do you turn it on. again, brilliant work!
Not currently. I was working on it but it's bugged to where it never stops blinking even when you checked or cleared the notifcation.
I hate to sound like a newb, but are you referring to the beta ROM here?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...y-bean-virgin-mobile-sprint-10-21-2013-a.html

I assumed that any updates to this ROM (or beta versions that could be better) would be posted in this forum, and this is the first mention of AOKP I've seen in this post... If you're saying that I should install that other ROM, will it overwrite the settings for this one? I love the way that I have my phone set up now (especially the color schemes, as I mentioned in my previous post), but I'd be willing to give the beta a try if it isn't going to cause too much chaos.

Also, I noticed that my SD card appears to be partitioned (or something) after installing this ROM. When I "move" apps to the "SD Card" they appear to go to a section of the SD Card labeled "Internal Storage," where I have much less space available than on the actual SD Card (note this is separate from "Phone Space"). The screenshot below is from Android Assistant, so I don't know if there is a glitch b/w that app & this ROM or if it has something to do with the way this ROM is configured. I'd love to actually have access to the 7 GB that is supposedly available on my SD Card, if possible. Please let me know if there is a setting somewhere that I can configure, or if this is just some sort of glitch.

View attachment 93201

Thanks again!
Yes that's the rom I'm talking about. You should be able to flash AOKP JB without issues but it's recommended to make a backup of your current rom first and then flash AOKP JB. That way if issues come up, you can restore the phone back to the way it was before flashing AOKP JB.

The internal storage is 2GB of space emulated as a SD card and the real actual SD card is treated as a external sdcard meaning you couldn't use it for primary storage in stock but in CM9,CM10, and AOKP JB has the option to switch the internal storage and external storage if you wish to do so by going to Settings>Storage>Menu button>Storage configuration>and check the box. After that you will need to reboot the phone for it to take effect.

If you have more questions just ask.

christylynn1978

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Awesome! Thanks for the fast reply!

Hopefully I'll have time to flash the new ROM over the holidays... Sounds like it's just what my phone needs! ^_^

ThisIsMyShine

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

I recommend to use CM10 or AOKP JB because this white page bug is solve in jellybean and is a much faster rom than CM9 or AOKP ICS.

Actually, it works just fine for me now. On a whim, I downloaded Chrome as my browser to use on the phone and for some reason that seemed to solve a bunch of the odd quirks I had going on - including this one with the white blank page for the web browser and gmail not completing its sync. So ... maybe that will work for others? :)

Will certainly take a look at CM10, though. For now just enjoying crusing about with this since it's the first time I've deviated from factory settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar