[ROM][BETA][4.1.2] AOKP Jelly Bean for Virgin Mobile and Sprint 10/21/2013

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
For some odd reason my phone decides it wants to go to a blank screen after a random amount of time. Even when I do a restore of what came on the phone it does the same thing. I can have it unplugged and just doing normal things like browsing the store or browser then it goes to a blank screen. Also I can have it just plugged into the charger and it just eventually goes to a blank screen when I come back to it. It seems no matter what I do it keeps going to a blank screen. I really think virgin mobile is messing with my phone or something and it is starting to make me mad. Has anyone else been having this issue?

phenomx4

May 10, 2012
Visit site
i have mine set to performance and deadline also have super charger on mine phone is a sprint still a lil lag but it works real fine i do have a lil lissue the settings dont stick on boot
I'll check this out.
Have you been able to get 4.2 audio working yet?
No not yet sadly.
For some odd reason my phone decides it wants to go to a blank screen after a random amount of time. Even when I do a restore of what came on the phone it does the same thing. I can have it unplugged and just doing normal things like browsing the store or browser then it goes to a blank screen. Also I can have it just plugged into the charger and it just eventually goes to a blank screen when I come back to it. It seems no matter what I do it keeps going to a blank screen. I really think virgin mobile is messing with my phone or something and it is starting to make me mad. Has anyone else been having this issue?
It may be an issue with the kernel. I'm taking a look at it now.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
That would be great. As I could do a restore from the original rom that came with the phone that I had backed up on my phone and it still gave me a blank screen after awhile. It is kind of a shoot and miss for keeping it working without the blank screen. I am assuming that it was overheated from staying on for a few days so tonight I will be sure to have it unplugged and take the battery out. I am sure this has to be the case as when the phone freezes or goes to a blank screen I take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in and no matter how long I hold the power button it doesn't turn on. Even when I plug it in it wouldn't power on. Today it seems to be working fine as I put it in the refrigerator for close to an hour. I am just hoping it will stop going nuts. I appreciate all your help and work on this rom. I think it works great and there are little to no issues that really matter to me.

Brian Eads

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Works great! Thank you for this ROM. I was waiting for CM10 and i had found a beta version for it posted on a CM10 development forum but it was laggy and had a lot of bugs and no camera. So i had to downgrade back to CM9, but the I had found this, and I love it. Thank you again for the ROM!

0N31R0N4UT

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
My question is I've got it installed but where and how do i get google play?

I have the same issue xD

I've installed it with ease onto my OE,
but even after wiping and reinstalling I still have no Google Play Store:/

I've also managed to install the latest version from androidpolice,
but every time I attempt to open the app, it immediately closes..

Still trying to figure this one out :p

phenomx4

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My question is I've got it installed but where and how do i get google play?

I have the same issue xD

I've installed it with ease onto my OE,
but even after wiping and reinstalling I still have no Google Play Store:/

I've also managed to install the latest version from androidpolice,
but every time I attempt to open the app, it immediately closes..

Still trying to figure this one out :p
You both need to flash the gapps package after flashing the rom.

nondescript1

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Great work on this ROM phenomx4! It's brought a lot of functionality to my phone including the use of a bluetooth keyboard for those longer e-mail replies.

I've seen this ROM perform very well but usually I'm suffering from terrible lag. Any suggestions as to how I can track down the source of the lag? I've been using OS monitor and also turning on the CPU usage developer options overlay. I'm not seeing significant CPU usage, which leads me to be believe I have some other blocking operation, probably IO. Any way I can profile the sources of this slowdown? Given the limited internal memory, I've been sending a number of my apps to a 32GB external SD. Also, I've been using Dolphin Mini for my browser and notice significant slowdowns during and after surfing the web.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Again, wonderful job on these ROMs (the CM9 ROM as well). You've breathed new life into this device. I just gotta figure out what's sucking the life out of it now ;)

phenomx4

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Great work on this ROM phenomx4! It's brought a lot of functionality to my phone including the use of a bluetooth keyboard for those longer e-mail replies.

I've seen this ROM perform very well but usually I'm suffering from terrible lag. Any suggestions as to how I can track down the source of the lag? I've been using OS monitor and also turning on the CPU usage developer options overlay. I'm not seeing significant CPU usage, which leads me to be believe I have some other blocking operation, probably IO. Any way I can profile the sources of this slowdown? Given the limited internal memory, I've been sending a number of my apps to a 32GB external SD. Also, I've been using Dolphin Mini for my browser and notice significant slowdowns during and after surfing the web.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Again, wonderful job on these ROMs (the CM9 ROM as well). You've breathed new life into this device. I just gotta figure out what's sucking the life out of it now ;)

It may be the limited ram this phone has.

yeronix

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
ok so this might be a bit of a stupid question... so when i go to open a video, say on the site animeonhand etc. when i was on slephneir or stock i would have to click the play button and then the video would pop up in the movies app or some such, but in aokp when i load the page the video starts playing impeded in the page and i have to click the expand button, i have also noticed that it stutters alot more when watching, so i was just wondering if there was someway to make it so the video doesn't play impeded in the page, but launches in a movie app?

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Would you be able to help me out phenomx4? I was wanting to know if you can compile a zip I could flash to get back the ability to use the ## codes. Like the ##VIRGIN# to do a refresh of the phone and other codes like ##DATA#? If you could do that I would greatly appreciate it. I don't mind the very small amount of extra space it takes up to be able to use these codes as I feel they are necessary.

tykez8970

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I do get random reboots and lock ups with the giant-pune.img kernel installed and will not work with my vm696 stock kernel trying and searching for new roms that are more stable with the overclocked kernel

Michael Arm

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I did the most current Mod and somehow I lost root access, any idea on how to get it back w/o having to start completely over again?

Other than that, my cell is working flawlessly, thanks for the Mod :)

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Will there be a kitkat for the optimus elite

Posted via Android Central App

Phenom is working on it, he has been busy lately however, last I heard it was compiled along with a new recovery, he is working on getting it booting
I do get random reboots and lock ups with the giant-pune.img kernel installed and will not work with my vm696 stock kernel trying and searching for new roms that are more stable with the overclocked kernel

That kernel is ONLY for gingerbread, you have to use the kernel provided or the one in the camera patch or else it won't work

I did the most current Mod and somehow I lost root access, any idea on how to get it back w/o having to start completely over again?

Other than that, my cell is working flawlessly, thanks for the Mod :)

Have you tried reinstalling super user?

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk