ARCHIVED: Scott Pilgrim ROM for OV (CM7 Gingerbread, Zefie Edition) [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I found that Sprint users were porting over AOSP's CM7 over to the Optimus S without much effort. I thought, what the heck, lets try to port over Zefie's CM7 over to the V but try to include the MMS fix from AOSP. I know there is another thread that had ports of this rom for some time, but that seems to be largely abandoned. This thread will be different as I am not just trying to port Zefie's CM7, I'm also trying to hack in AOSP's MMS fix. I haven't tested this because I have no one to send MMS messages too. So if you try this out, please report back as to how it went.

Installation procedure:

1. Install any custom recovery and make a backup. (Xionia recommended)
  2. Download and place these on your micro sd card:
    Zefie's CM7
    gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    aospCMod_kernel_OptimusV_signed.zip
    Sprint-to-OV_signed.zip (Fixed)
  3. Boot into your recovery and do a wipe data/factory reset.
  4. Go to mounts and storage and format system and boot.
  5. Install Zefie's CM7 using the flash zip feature.
  6. Install Gaaps using the install zip feature.
  7. Install AOSP's kernel using the the install zip feature.
  8. Finally, install Sprint-to-OV_signed.zip using the the install zip feature.
  9. The order that you install these matters a lot!
  10. Reboot and enjoy!

I thought for sure this would work, but MMS is currently still broken with this. I'll see what I can do, but don't expect any miracles. Everything else seems work fine on this rom.

As an option, you can install Xionia's 014 or 010 kernel anykernel version for OV after you install everything mentioned above, but that is your call:
xionia_kernel_010_anykernel_OptimusV_signed.zip
xionia_kernel_014_anykernel_OptimusV_signed.zip

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Scott Pilgrim ROM for OV (CM7 Gingerbread, Zefie Edition) [WI

I'm going to download it now and I'll report back if MMS works properly for me or not.

Installed, booting up...

You should include the key swap file in this list. lol

Nope, mms does NOT work with these files posted.
Also for some reason my gmail account wont sync my contacts. Market and such work fine, not sure whats up with contacts.

Sync finally kicked in, maybe an issue on googles side...

I can leave it on my phone if you wish me to try something else you have an idea on.
Other wise back to my nandroid lol.

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Back to AOSP but I did make a nandroid back up so I can put that back on when you have another idea. Oh and I also stole the boot animation from Pilgrims CM7, forgot how cool it was lol.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Well thanks, I'm going to work on it some more. The keys shouldn't be swapped if you flashed all of those items in the correct order. Are you sure you flashed the last one, Sprint-to-OV_signed.zip?

That is the one that swaps the keys to the correct position and is supposed to fix the mms. The syncing problem is usually caused by not doing the wipes as described. You need to format system or there will be issues.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Yup I formatted everything I had an option to do. Reset/wipe, cache, system, boot, data, sdext, cache, dalvik. Then flashed them in the order you suggested. I'll try a clean install again soon and see if it resolves this. Unless something got messed up I did everything correctly.

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

If its zefies isn't it 2.3.2? Or is that the old one that we had for the OV 3 months ago?

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

i'll help test out things if you want.
u got me curious now

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I think I figured out the problem. The file I uploaded as Sprint-to-OV_signed.zip became corrupt during the upload. When I redownloaded it and tried to install it, it aborts with an error. If you don't pay attention, you think it installed.

I uploaded the correct file and fixed the link, and it installs just fine now. Please let me know if MMS works now.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

thanks for putting this together. i'm at work and can't test at the moment. do you have any info on how this ROM may differ from the AOSP ROM we're all so familiar with?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

If its zefies isn't it 2.3.2? Or is that the old one that we had for the OV 3 months ago?
You install the latest CM7 from Zefie and then install the OV files on top. If Zefie updates his rom, this should still work, but as it is, the rom doesn't have any major bugs that need updating.

What's the difference between the two?
Between AOSP's and Zefie's CM7? They are two different takes on the same version of android with the CM7 mods mixed.

i'll help test out things if you want.
u got me curious now

Thanks!

Reactions: citizeninsane89

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Can I restore my backup and flash that file or should I do a clean install?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Can I restore my backup and flash that file or should I do a clean install?

It might work without a clean install. You might have to clear the cache for the messaging app and reboot.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

It might work without a clean install. You might have to clear the cache for the messaging app and reboot.

Decided I should probably do a clean install since we are still testing. Will let you know how it goes with the fixed file. :)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

...I'm also trying to hack in AOSP's MMS fix. I haven't tested this because I have no one to send MMS messages to... if you try this out, please report back as to how it went.
it's kinda antisocial, but you can send MMS to your own number to test :p
this should be an interesting project, I'd love to see the MMS fix aosp hacked into his gingerbread nexus-one build modded for the V quantified and pinned down.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Keys working properly now. Unfortunately MMS still not working. Getting the known issue with 9999999999 and chinese characters. I'll keep an eye out here for any possible testing to go further with this project.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Well, I tested out a few more things and they all failed to get MMS working. Hmmm, this looks like it's going to be harder than I thought. Well, for now, this will create a workable port of Zefie's CM7.

Looking at this: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-rom-aospcmod-aosp-2-3-3-cm7-gingerbread.html
I thought it would be just as simple to add the mms capabilities to Zefie's Rom. I guess I was wrong.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.