12-29-2011 12:17 PM
476 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    ...Snip...
    He even filed bug reports so I could, you know, fix things.
    How to file a Bug Report?

I also cannot get USB Tethering to work
    (Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot > USB tethering)

Says "USB not connected" even when connected with usb and android
    usb status icon displays as enabled.
    07-18-2011 07:04 AM
    How to file a Bug Report?

I also cannot get USB Tethering to work
    (Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot > USB tethering)

Says "USB not connected" even when connected with usb and android
    usb status icon displays as enabled.
    USB tethering doesn't work because its not supported by the kernal or any kernal for the OV at the moment
    07-18-2011 07:43 AM
    USB tethering doesn't work because its not supported by the kernal or any kernal for the OV at the moment
    Okay. Is the solution to enable a feature in the kernel (like ndis maybe)?
    Or is it way more complex than that?
    07-18-2011 01:19 PM
    I'm not sure what the solution is, but Blarfie has usb tethering at the top of his list right now, so look for a fix to come with his future kernel releases (hopefuily).

There were some changes to the CM source tree last nite (thanks for the heads up KemikalElite), so I wasn't able to compile overnite, trying again today.
    rb64 likes this.
    07-18-2011 01:29 PM
    Okay. Is the solution to enable a feature in the kernel (like ndis maybe)?
    Or is it way more complex than that?
    Good: I've ripped much out the USB code from the US670 tree (gadget vs function) and that gets functioning tethering with OSX.

Bad: USB tethering works about 1 in 20 times you try it (as it is with most CM7 ports), and USB storage is non-op pending changes to vold. It's so bad I don't know if switching to the USB gadget framework was a necessary step or not.

I have no idea how this will play with Windows because I can only test the CDC-ECM not the RNDIS codepath, but if you can actually enable it, it should play nice with Liunx. I'm sure there are CDC-ECM drivers for Windows but good luck finding generic ones (Windows' USB support is a joke).
    JerryScript and rb64 like this.
    07-18-2011 01:46 PM
    And now the setup wizard works. Whee.
    07-18-2011 05:00 PM
    And now the setup wizard works. Whee.
    For gapps setup no more slide keyboard message? Great!

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    07-18-2011 05:38 PM
    For gapps setup no more slide keyboard message? Great!

Yup. For those going from an LS670 w/ Zefie's kernel build to a VM670 w/ an IHO kernel, I'm curious to see how battery life and performance compare.
    07-18-2011 05:44 PM
    Yup. For those going from an LS670 w/ Zefie's kernel build to a VM670 w/ an IHO kernel, I'm curious to see how battery life and performance compare.
    Im not a power user by no means but this current build posted in ath3nos thread has had the best battery life Ive ever seen on this phone. Im at 70ish and almost 8 hours underway.
    07-18-2011 05:52 PM
    Im not a power user by no means but this current build posted in ath3nos thread has had the best battery life Ive ever seen on this phone. Im at 70ish and almost 8 hours underway.
    That is likely with Zefie's kernel. If you go into settings -> about phone, at the bottom it'll give you the kernel version. 2.6.32.9-IHO's the VM kernel. It's worth noting that it's overclocked (I'm probably going to revert this) out of the box at 245-768mhz. Don't know how Zefie's is configured.
    07-18-2011 06:00 PM
    That is likely with Zefie's kernel. If you go into settings -> about phone, at the bottom it'll give you the kernel version. 2.6.32.9-IHO's the VM kernel. It's worth noting that it's overclocked (I'm probably going to revert this) out of the box at 245-768mhz. Don't know how Zefie's is configured.
    Zefie's Xionia kernel is default @ 245/600 interactive. I think most of the battery drain is from cell radio. With airplane mode on I lose 1 percent every eight hours.

07-18-2011 06:36 PM
    Zefie's Xionia kernel is default @ 245/600 interactive. I think most of the battery drain is from cell radio. With airplane mode on I lose 1 percent every eight hours.

With all the people claiming great battery life with this ROM, I'm interested in seeing how they fare with my kernel (which I will, at some point, go back to 245/600 by default and may include the smartass governor).
    07-18-2011 08:32 PM
    With all the people claiming great battery life with this ROM, I'm interested in seeing how they fare with my kernel (which I will, at some point, go back to 245/600 by default and may include the smartass governor).
    I'm using the zefie xionia 14 kernel but I'm more than willing to try yours...just not sure where to get it. I swear I've looked lol.
    07-18-2011 11:12 PM
    I'm using the zefie xionia 14 kernel but I'm more than willing to try yours...just not sure where to get it. I swear I've looked lol.
    A new build has to be compiled from source for the new device/kernel updates. I can build and upload.

citizeninsane89 likes this.
    07-18-2011 11:24 PM
    kemikalelite, can u please build and upload from the new source?
    07-18-2011 11:33 PM
    Tried using this rom switching from AOSPCM7 latest build.

first thing, the process of flashing is much more complicated. and when inside the rom, my fresh rom setup method involved many more steps.

I had to download a file browser, none was included apparently.

it had ADW launcher as the stock launcher. bad move. I like starting with a completely clean android install. AOSP used to include Zeam launcher but now when its fresh installed its basically stock gingerbread save for the ability to change cyanogenmod settings.

also, wifi couldnt connect when the aosp rom a few minutes earlier worked fine.

it was noticable laggy even hours after installation and a few reboots to ensure caches built and everything settled.

sticking to aospCM7 for awhile, but ill check it out again when its significantly changed
    07-18-2011 11:38 PM
    kemikalelite, can u please build and upload from the new source?
    blarf uploads source code changes during night hours. I'm busy during the day. That seems like a bad combination considering if I build and uploaded nightly updates some of the changes may not get added. Time-based WoL (automatic power on), shell scripting, and command line dropbox support gives me an idea! I wonder how well automation would work. Please don't even bother answering that.

Or I could build at a set time and some changes may be left out. Time consumption isn't really an issue. Full builds take around 25 minutes and incrementals take around 5 minutes to build updates. I should time that to know the exact. i7 920 x64 hyper thread @ 2.66 ghz x8 w/ 9 gb ddr3 ram in case anyone's wondering.
    07-18-2011 11:44 PM

first thing, the process of flashing is much more complicated. and when inside the rom, my fresh rom setup method involved many more steps.

it had ADW launcher as the stock launcher. bad move. I like starting with a completely clean android install. AOSP used to include Zeam launcher but now when its fresh installed its basically stock gingerbread save for the ability to change cyanogenmod settings.

it was noticable laggy even hours after installation and a few reboots to ensure caches built and everything settled.

sticking to aospCM7 for awhile, but ill check it out again when its significantly changed
    I honestly can't tell much difference between this and aosp, but it just seems like there's less bugs in this. I haven't noticed much lag at all, but then again I don't expect this lowend phone to be perfect anyway. I've noticed a lot of people having trouble with wifi, but mine works perfect. I've had fc's of the market a bit lately, but I think that's cause I had the new market installed and hasn't done it since I uninstalled and rebooted. The one thing I noticed about aosp was after a week or so it would start to get slower than dirt, which hasn't happened on this rom so far. Until something better comes along I'm sticking with this one. Thanks for the port mmarz!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-18-2011 11:48 PM
    The binaries and source are on github, but installing it is a pain. You can use Koush's AnyKernel template... but the version on GitHub is broken (a quick google search will turn up instructions on how to fix it) and even after "fixing" it, I've had mixed results.

Dunno which ROM you're coming from. Everything in my source tree is essentially CM7 stock including ADW (which I think 'aosp' included as well). If you don't like it, grab the source, pull out what you don't want, and compile. Sounds like something didn't get wiped or installed completely as the stock file manager is indeed included. Don't think ath3n0s took it out.

Or I could build at a set time and some changes may be left out. Time consumption isn't really an issue. Full builds take around 25 minutes and incrementals take around 5 minutes to build updates. I should time that to know the exact. i7 920 x64 hyper thread @ 2.66 ghz x8 w/ 9 gb ddr3 ram in case anyone's wondering.
    Jesus. Yeah I think mine is mostly disk bound, building on a MacBook. Full build takes about two hours. Yet another reason I'm not interested in dealing with creating a binary distribution. I would recommend turning on dexpreopt, as that will run dexopt on everything so the first boot will be faster. Unfortunately dexopt doesn't compile on OSX (have I mentioned Google really half-assed Android and they refuse to support FreeBSD as a build environment even though it's more functional than an officially supported platform like OSX?).

I will say this, with the latest kernel, I highly recommend a factory wipe. Also with the latest kernel the USB storage mode will be broken until this gets committed:

Gerrit Code Review

It's such a trivial change I don't want to fork, update the repo manifest and require everyone to go through that song and dance. If you go back through github you can probably grab the kernel where I fixe the orientation but before I ripped out the old USB drivers. Or wait patiently until someone on the CM crew approves or abandons the changes.

BTW, unless you edit your manifest.xml, you're going to be pulling in the IHO and CM repositories so there's no real sense in having all the other forks around. Otherwise edit your manifest, re-init and re-sync the repo.
    07-19-2011 12:21 AM
    Been trying this rom for about a week now and am experiencing the following problems:

1) Most of the time I have to install twice from the market to make an app install.

2) Adw launcher only remembers part of a theme after every reboot (some icons are correct others aren't, and the app dock is always default instead of themed).

3) Option to add some widgets is missing (particularly Calengoo).

4) Got swype to work but have to switch back to android keyboard to use microphone input (swype and microphone worked on aosp's rom, is there a way to pull and push something from aosp's rom to fix this?).

If anyone has any insight or advice on these issues, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them. =)
    07-19-2011 12:35 AM
    swype and mic input work for me
    07-19-2011 12:41 AM
    i haven't had any wifi problems on this rom, but on aosp i would have to reboot to get wifi working again often
    07-19-2011 12:45 AM
    I finally was able to build from source!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO Blarfie for creating this repository and working so hard on the code, and to KemikalElite for helping me through the errors I was having when compiling!!!

I am going to talk things over with KemikalElite and Blarfie, and see about posting the zip file. I plan on removing a bunch of the bloat first, would appreciate feedback as to who wants what left in or taken out. I plan on removing most of the wallpapers, ringtones, fm radio app, and a few other things to slim this big boy down. Let me know what you want left in or taken out.
    07-19-2011 01:55 AM
    I finally was able to build from source!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO Blarfie for creating this repository and working so hard on the code, and to KemikalElite for helping me through the errors I was having when compiling!!!

I am going to talk things over with KemikalElite and Blarfie, and see about posting the zip file. I plan on removing a bunch of the bloat first, would appreciate feedback as to who wants what left in or taken out. I plan on removing most of the wallpapers, ringtones, fm radio app, and a few other things to slim this big boy down. Let me know what you want left in or taken out.
    I would love to have as much internal space as possible, but maybe leave the boot animation. Its nice to have something to say "cooooool" to during that long first boot, lol. Other than that I'm just happy as long as mms and the camera work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-19-2011 02:01 AM

I see a file manager like root explorer included.
    i agree with the adw launcher being built in, I dont like it for reasons other then the obvious.
    The rest of your problems, seem like some weird hit or miss with some people. How old is your V?
    I notice most people that have issues with the wifi and such have the newer model. I think it might because of the coding LG/VM did to shut down the wifi hotspot. That is not just a assumption, but something I asked another rom dev and he said its a possible side affect.

Initially when I installed this I had some issues getting it working right away. But it was mistakes on my part and generally being in a hurry. Now the most recent build I had a problem getting data2ext to work the first time. And it was caused from my sd-ext partition not getting fully wiped. I think that could be a big problem most people are having. Things not getting wiped fully.

Now I do the CWM reset and then each of the advanced wipes twice before I flash. This is just because I hate having to reflash just to get data2ext to install properly.
    07-19-2011 02:19 AM
476 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD