ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

There was no change log, but looking at the files, I see changes to the audio drivers and camera drivers. Overall this seems like a very minor update, but if you use the wrong system apks with the new framework, you'll get all sorts of errors (like the ones you got).

itsnotadam

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Could also be vm I know they have been having trouble with mms.
I will not be able to get one and then all of a sudden get a couple from people.
I don't think it's a rom issue but could be I guess.

Its not VMs problem, I had this rom, tried sending an MMS, and it was very random the ones that we're sent and the ones that never finished sending, then I went to RebornROM, and MMS' were being sent. :/

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone have a LatinIME.apk that also includes Spanish (Mexico) or Spanish (US). I only see Spanish (Spain).

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a LatinIME.apk that also includes Spanish (Mexico) or Spanish (US). I only see Spanish (Spain).

If the aosp rom has it you can take it from there. I only use english so not sure which ones have it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

If you know of any other rom that has it, you can probably take the LatinIME.apk from it and add it to this rom. Even from roms meant for other phones.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Use Keynumbertracker from the market to find the key codes, then use Button Remapper from the market to change the buttons to do nothing.

Or you can just edit the key file.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I want to allow only the power key to wake can I just steal reborn roms keyfile?

Yes...but you may have to swap the menu and home keys on it.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I want to allow only the power key to wake can I just steal reborn roms keyfile?

So; I havn't kept up in full.

If you guys are using the S kernel than using the reborn rom keypad is going to switch your home and menu keys. Otherwise the keypad files for stock V and S are identical, as are the zip files on both the S and V versions of the thread found in my signature.

Check out post 2; I'm still using that music control setup ;)

Edit: just a quick clarification about the kernels. Basically if you have flashed a V kernel such as the V version of Xionia most likely your best option as the S is also running a xionia kernel for this rom than the keys will remain the same. The change between the S and V keypads is defined in the LG kernels, while the .kl files themselves were universalized. I do need to update the my OP a bit but it will have all the info you need.

The zips are edify and I have tested them on xionia recovery; on RebornROM, Shell ROM, and Ath3nos' CM7.

kevin112996

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

keeps crashing every 5 minutes, flashed rom again but still same problem, please fix :) otherwise 10/10

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

keeps crashing every 5 minutes, flashed rom again but still same problem, please fix :) otherwise 10/10

Crashing is a sign that you either overclocked too high or you restored old system files. I have had a clean install running since the rom was updated, and I've had no problems.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So I've given ath3nos a heads up. The next batch of changes from my branch will require new kernels to work properly. The CM7 guys want the orientation stuff fixed in the kernel (ffs). I've taken care of the OV because that's what I use, also because 'aosp' never did release his source.

For Zefie's (or Picastick's too) kernel it should be a matter of commenting out one line and recompiling (hence I'll leave that up to ath3nos).

If ya'll want a new kernel for the OS builds, now's the time to start taking notes. If you've got an Optimus C, M, or U now's the time to get cracking on an appropriate kernel (don't know how many of you read /this/ thread). I importing the various kernels into https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_kernel_thunderc The VM670-IHO branch is a good place to start looking for what needs to be changed to get proper CM7 support in the other stock kernels.

Pull requests gladly accepted so we can get an IHO kernel for the C/M/U variants. At some point a unified kernel would be great, but for the time being there are enough other little bugs here and there.

This is from the S thread. Hate to sound noob, but can someone explain this to me in layman's terms? Lol, I'm learning what I can, but technical crap is still beyond me. Does this mean the next update will include a new kernel for OV?

POKeefe

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

The PRL mod doesn't seem to work going through the instructions with this rom. Is this because this is a Kang and it doesn't note when USB is connected, etc? Just annoying since that's the last step until this thing is perfectly modded.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

This is from the S thread. Hate to sound noob, but can someone explain this to me in layman's terms? Lol, I'm learning what I can, but technical crap is still beyond me. Does this mean the next update will include a new kernel for OV?

What it means is that the next update of the rom will require a new kernel; Blarf is handling the kernel for the V as he stated and Ath3nos will likely sure up the kernel for the S.

In any case sense Blarf is updating his fork and Ath3nos has been pulling directly from it prior to making his changes; yes the new versions will have a different kernel.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

The PRL mod doesn't seem to work going through the instructions with this rom. Is this because this is a Kang and it doesn't note when USB is connected, etc? Just annoying since that's the last step until this thing is perfectly modded.

I don't have any problem doing the PRL change with this rom. You can try doing the mod while in recovery. If you get that to work, then you'll never have to worry about which rom you are on.

hyruu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Started getting android.process.media crashes and can't download anything. All fixes I have found don't work. Any suggestions?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Started getting android.process.media crashes and can't download anything. All fixes I have found don't work. Any suggestions?

Are the crashes random or do they happen when are are trying to do something in particular? And does it still happen when you are not overclocking?

Last edited:

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com

What it means is that the next update of the rom will require a new kernel; Blarf is handling the kernel for the V as he stated and Ath3nos will likely sure up the kernel for the S.

In any case sense Blarf is updating his fork and Ath3nos has been pulling directly from it prior to making his changes; yes the new versions will have a different kernel.

However, ath3nos is using a build configured for the Optimus S, which now has Zefie's kernel. If you guys are straight up building for the VM670 you'll be fine. Otherwise you can patch the S kernel yourselves, or use the previous framework. Or just enjoy your phone in landscape only mode. lol.

Note: the current V kernel I've got in there does not overclock. At some point (sooner than later) I'll fix that. Otherwise you can patch it to do overclocking (ah the joys of having a working, publicly available source tree) in the interim using the VM670-IHO branch. Pull requests are always welcomed.

Reactions: Raul720

hoya90

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Love this ROM but I have same (minor) problem with this as I did with AOSP: When the phone is off and I plug it in for re-charging, it automatically boots up to the lock screen. On the stock rom it would just go to a battery screen rather than full boot up--which is what I want. Any fix for this so I just go to a battery screen and not to the lock screen?

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Love this ROM but I have same (minor) problem with this as I did with AOSP: When the phone is off and I plug it in for re-charging, it automatically boots up to the lock screen. On the stock rom it would just go to a battery screen rather than full boot up--which is what I want. Any fix for this so I just go to a battery screen and not to the lock screen?

To the best of my knowledge this is how the rom was designed. It is not a bug and there is no fix for it. It is the same with AOSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma