12-29-2011 12:17 PM
476 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    There's the kernel and module whose source we have, there's the binary blob which we have access to, and CM7 whose source we've got. If WiFi's not connecting either you've got the wrong wireless.ko or the wrong firmware blob. Perhaps a side-effect of using the Sprint vs VM blobs, get checksums for the Sprint and VMU versions see if they're different. Otherwise my money's on you needing to do a full wipe once or twice to get things going.

Also it looks like the mtd partition sizes I'm using may very well be wrong (different between VM670 and LS670?) leading to wipe not working reliably.

If you're having problems do a factory wipe or two, see if you can repeat the problem. Note specific steps and take logcat output, then file an issue. I would, however, strongly prefer that you're using a phone appropriate kernel and build.
    07-19-2011 02:29 AM
    I would love to have as much internal space as possible, but maybe leave the boot animation. Its nice to have something to say "cooooool" to during that long first boot, lol. Other than that I'm just happy as long as mms and the camera work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    I thought I should add my bootanimation

Click here to download backup-n-flash bootanimation zip file

J/K, But I may switch to the particle-circle cyanogen bootanimation, I think it looks better.
    07-19-2011 03:44 AM
    Im curious is it possible to enable the bootsound without having to hack a script into this each time we reflash?

I posted a update to a thread I started about getting bootsound on CM7. I ran across a tutorial on Cm forums and applied the script. Works awesome. Im using the half life 2 boot animation and a edited half life song from youtube as my bootanimation/sound. There is a video posted in the thread. Crappy focus on a flip cam but you get the gist of it.
    07-19-2011 04:24 AM
    There's the kernel and module whose source we have, there's the binary blob which we have access to, and CM7 whose source we've got. If WiFi's not connecting either you've got the wrong wireless.ko or the wrong firmware blob. Perhaps a side-effect of using the Sprint vs VM blobs, get checksums for the Sprint and VMU versions see if they're different. Otherwise my money's on you needing to do a full wipe once or twice to get things going.

Also it looks like the mtd partition sizes I'm using may very well be wrong (different between VM670 and LS670?) leading to wipe not working reliably.

If you're having problems do a factory wipe or two, see if you can repeat the problem. Note specific steps and take logcat output, then file an issue. I would, however, strongly prefer that you're using a phone appropriate kernel and build.

+1 same issues with mine. wiped and cleaned and now mms and wifi works great.

although tethering sometimes makes my phone reset
    07-19-2011 05:08 AM
    Jerry, that boot animation is a riot!

Can't wait to see what you came up with. It looks like you've officially entered the "dark side".
    07-19-2011 07:39 AM
    The Ubuntu Linux on my build machine just broke after updates (again). Maybe it's some of kernel panic. After GRUB the system just goes to a black screen. Alt + Ctrl + Del causes a reboot and the recovery console doesn't work either. The good news here is ubuntu is easy to fix without losing data. The bad news is Windows still works. Hopefully I can be ready to build again within the next hour or two.
    07-19-2011 09:47 PM
    The Ubuntu Linux on my build machine just broke after updates (again). Maybe it's some of kernel panic. After GRUB the system just goes to a black screen. Alt + Ctrl + Del causes a reboot and the recovery console doesn't work either. The good news here is ubuntu is easy to fix without losing data. The bad news is Windows still works. Hopefully I can be ready to build again within the next hour or two.
    Good news is I've tweaked the kernel (more aggressive timeslice settings, turned off some useless debugging options, tweaked some TCP settings) and reorganized a bunch of things so this will give you a chance to play catch up and play guinea pig :P

If you've still got your repo, remove your vendor/lge/thunderc directory, reinit the repo, and resync vendor/lge/thunderc. If you've forked all that stuff pull in the changes.

Bad news is that I'm still waiting to get the USB storage mode fix committed. So that'll still have to be patched by hand (I'm not going to fork anything for such a trivial change).

As this is no longer a port of a port, I'll start a new thread so we can continue this there. OK? Also I'm curious to see how the latest kernel does in terms of battery life. I'm getting quadrant scores in the low 1100s @ 245-748.
    07-19-2011 09:57 PM
    I finally was able to build from source!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO Blarfie for creating this repository and working so hard on the code, and to KemikalElite for helping me through the errors I was having when compiling!!!

I am going to talk things over with KemikalElite and Blarfie, and see about posting the zip file. I plan on removing a bunch of the bloat first, would appreciate feedback as to who wants what left in or taken out. I plan on removing most of the wallpapers, ringtones, fm radio app, and a few other things to slim this big boy down. Let me know what you want left in or taken out.
    You should remove adw and leave the stock launcher other then that the things you mentioned above sounds good.
    07-19-2011 11:04 PM
    Either way the adw launcher is easy to remove and add the launcher2 from aosp or such roms.
    I'm just looking forward to the future of this new build that is going on for our phone.
    I need to build another pc so I can mess with this stuff...one of these days. lol
    07-19-2011 11:09 PM
    My first try at a ROM built for the V has been posted in the other thread, enjoy!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...l-cm7-1-a.html
    07-19-2011 11:19 PM
    swype and mic input work for me

Did you use the SwypeRestore.apk?
    07-20-2011 01:55 AM
    Got this up and running fairly easy and I am happy to have the use of my headset again. I am looking forward to checking out the other new roms after using this one for awhile.

also, ran AOSP on vellamo a few days ago and got a 364 and ran the benchmark again on ath3nos and got a 401. Both times I was at /806/806
    07-20-2011 04:00 AM
    Did you use the SwypeRestore.apk?
    nope. got the beta installer from the website
    07-20-2011 09:34 AM
    when I Try running some apps a pop up comes up and says theapp has stop unexpectedly .. then its to forclose any ideas why I get this pop up... is there any fixes
    07-21-2011 01:33 AM
    when I Try running some apps a pop up comes up and says theapp has stop unexpectedly .. then its to forclose any ideas why I get this pop up... is there any fixes
    You're probably have to be a little more specific than that. But from my limited experience that happened to me when I restored an app, moved an app to the sd card, or if I just installed a new app that didn't play well with the others.
    07-21-2011 04:09 AM
    Android newb here. I got my optimus V yesterday, rooted, and installed this rom and it's working great. I was wondering if any of you would have a recommendation for how high/low to set my CPU speed in setCPU to optimize battery life.
    07-21-2011 12:12 PM
    Android newb here. I got my optimus V yesterday, rooted, and installed this rom and it's working great. I was wondering if any of you would have a recommendation for how high/low to set my CPU speed in setCPU to optimize battery life.
    Generally set the min at 480 and the max at 806 or whatever is the highest you can do under that.
    Don't use the conservative governor.
    07-21-2011 12:14 PM
    Does bluetooth work correctly in this? If so I will switch to it, was nice to answer and make calls through car's stereo.
    07-21-2011 03:27 PM
    You're probably have to be a little more specific than that. But from my limited experience that happened to me when I restored an app, moved an app to the sd card, or if I just installed a new app that didn't play well with the others.
    do u still have that problem
    07-21-2011 04:30 PM
    Just wanted to give a big thanks to mmarz and everyone else who have worked on this ROM.
    I haven't updated to 7/15 as everything is working great, including BT, and I'm afraid to mess with something that seems to work.

Mike
    07-21-2011 06:35 PM
    I have install this ROM.. Everything works great except BT. Whenever I connect my bluetooth, the audio is corrupted so bad. The audio stream totally corrupted. Anyone has the same issue?

Thanks,
    07-21-2011 11:53 PM
    I have install this ROM.. Everything works great except BT. Whenever I connect my bluetooth, the audio is corrupted so bad. The audio stream totally corrupted. Anyone has the same issue?

Thanks,
    Every cm7 port for the OV has this issue. There's no fix for it yet.

notown likes this.
    07-22-2011 01:45 AM
    do u still have that problem
    Not now, no, but I usually corrected it by backing up a step and uninstalling an app or installing an app fresh without using a backed up version.
    07-22-2011 04:12 AM
    I keep getting surprised by this rom. Google Sky Maps is way smoother and faster and I can overclock faster. I was limited to 806mhz before and now I can eke up to 825mhz.
    07-22-2011 04:31 AM
    I keep getting surprised by this rom. Google Sky Maps is way smoother and faster and I can overclock faster. I was limited to 806mhz before and now I can eke up to 825mhz.
    Agreed. This is by far the best ROM I've used. Performance is stellar. Not saying I won't try the influx of new gb ROM's that are about to come out.

07-22-2011 08:24 AM
476 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD