12-29-2011 12:17 PM
476 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Does bluetooth work correctly in this? If so I will switch to it, was nice to answer and make calls through car's stereo.
    BT works great for me. That is why I switched to this over AOSP.
    07-22-2011 02:02 PM
    Cant beat this.
    07-23-2011 03:57 AM
    Cant beat this.
    Do you use juice defender?
    07-23-2011 05:13 AM
    Do you use juice defender?
    nope
    Green Power.
    arhtard likes this.
    07-23-2011 12:03 PM
    First off, thanks for your hard work, love this ROM! I flashed this without issue on my OV, and now I'm trying to do it for the wife's OV. I rooted her phone, installed rom manager, and flashed clockwork recovery without too much issue. But when I tell rom manager to install the rom, the phone reboots but won't enter recovery. Just boots back into the stock rom. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-23-2011 06:03 PM
    Don't use rom manager. Follow the original instructions. Rom manager isn't stable for our phones.

07-23-2011 07:17 PM
    any word on using the new kernel found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...7232011-a.html
    07-23-2011 07:40 PM
    Don't use rom manager. Follow the original instructions. Rom manager isn't stable for our phones.

I agree with this.

My least favorite thing about ROM Manager, is clockwork recovery mod. That thing is a load of crap.

Thunder recovery is soo much better.
    07-23-2011 07:41 PM
    So I just ran a benchmark on my phone with this rom and I got 1172. I don't really know what it means but it was higher than Droid x and Samsung Galaxy. Is that good?
    07-24-2011 01:05 AM
    I agree with this.

My least favorite thing about ROM Manager, is clockwork recovery mod. That thing is a load of crap.

I only used ROM Manager to flash the clockwork recovery first time. Then from there on only use clockwork recovery to wipe & reflash, which seems to run without problems. I have a feeling Clockwork recovery does a more comprehensive wipe on OV compared to xionia recovery (something to do with Xionia was built for Optimus S originally, which might have different sized partitions).
    07-24-2011 02:17 AM
    I agree with this.

Explain please.

Clockwork Mod is the founding blocks of xionnia.
    It does the exact same thing only from a different coder.
    CWM recovery is pretty much a android standard in the custom areas of development.

The newer versions of CWM use a different scripting that isnt supported by older versions of android.
    That is where people have problems. Not knowing what your doing and not understanding or reading will get you in a lot of trouble.
    wiggums66 likes this.
    07-24-2011 02:29 AM
    any word on using the new kernel found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...7232011-a.html
    For the VM670 builds? Not likely since most of the fixes were pulled from my tree in the first place. For the LS670 builds, sure if it works well I'll slap it in there. If you want to use it you can always grab Koush's AnyKernel template and use that. No need to build a custom ROM.
    arhtard likes this.
    07-24-2011 02:57 AM
    I only used ROM Manager to flash the clockwork recovery first time. Then from there on only use clockwork recovery to wipe & reflash, which seems to run without problems. I have a feeling Clockwork recovery does a more comprehensive wipe on OV compared to xionia recovery (something to do with Xionia was built for Optimus S originally, which might have different sized partitions).
    The problem I'm having is that even though rom manager says that clockwork was flashed successfully, I can't get the phone to boot into it, its like it's not there. Flashing clockwork failed the first time, but worked the second time. Flashing this rom worked beautifully on my ov, so I don't understand why I'm having problems repeating the process on another ov. I'll read up some more as I don't fully understand everything.

07-24-2011 03:21 AM
    The problem I'm having is that even though rom manager says that clockwork was flashed successfully, I can't get the phone to boot into it, its like it's not there. Flashing clockwork failed the first time, but worked the second time. Flashing this rom worked beautifully on my ov, so I don't understand why I'm having problems repeating the process on another ov. I'll read up some more as I don't fully understand everything.

Are you going into "Mounts and Storage" in CWM and formatting cache, boot, data, and system before you flash?
    07-25-2011 08:50 AM

Really? Because I have had 0% issues with ROM Manager and I have flashed about 15-25 times.
    07-25-2011 08:52 AM
    Are you going into "Mounts and Storage" in CWM and formatting cache, boot, data, and system before you flash?
    I can't enter the recovery to flash anything. Recovery is supposedly installed, but can't boot to it. Still running rooted stock until I figure out how to get to the recovery :/

07-25-2011 08:56 AM
    I can't enter the recovery to flash anything. Recovery is supposedly installed, but can't boot to it. Still running rooted stock until I figure out how to get to the recovery :/

When you start the phone are you using the three finger method?

Hold power, vol down, and home.
    That should put you into recovery.

How did you install your recovery?
    I would suggest doing it again via adb or terminal.
    07-25-2011 09:57 AM
    I had to go back to BB 2.4 because the GPS on this is problematic with "Waze" navigation app.
    07-25-2011 10:29 AM
    When you start the phone are you using the three finger method?

Hold power, vol down, and home.
    That should put you into recovery.

How did you install your recovery?
    I would suggest doing it again via adb or terminal.
    I believe it should be hold vol down + home + power until the LG Logo appears. Pressing power first might start up the phone in normal mode.
    07-26-2011 12:38 AM
    I believe it should be hold vol down + home + power until the LG Logo appears. Pressing power first might start up the phone in normal mode.
    Thanks, I tried this and the phone just sat at a blank screen for a few seconds and then rebooted normally. I will try to find a way to install recovery manually, still new to this thanks for the help!

07-26-2011 10:51 AM
    This rom is pretty great - but it seems CM7 doesn't have Exchange sync support because of missing security features. That is a major bummer. Half of the reason I wanted to upgrade to Gingerbread was to hopefully get the fix for this bug that was on the stock rom:
    Issue 9689 - android - Exchange Activesync works initially, but stops working for no obvious reason due to security error - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Lack of exchange email/cal sync makes me miss my Palm Pre a bit.
    07-26-2011 05:55 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ng-thread.html

Would mmarz script work for this rom? I want to try this one out, he claims performance is much better then ath3nos
    07-26-2011 11:30 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ng-thread.html

Would mmarz script work for this rom? I want to try this one out, he claims performance is much better then ath3nos
    I will try it right now and let you know
    arhtard likes this.
    07-27-2011 01:07 AM
    I will try it right now and let you know
    Thanks your awesome. xD test mms too.
    07-27-2011 01:28 AM
    It works just fine so far mms 3g wifi, runs pretty smooth. I was getting 1120.benchmark on backside, I will check this one later
    07-27-2011 02:36 AM
476 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD