12-29-2011 12:17 PM
476 ... 1617181920
tools
    What recovery are you using? Xionia has a problem with incomplete wipes sometimes, so try wiping a couple times before you flash.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    I'm using clockworkmod. And my mobile data otherwise works fine, just no mms.

07-29-2011 02:56 PM
    I'm using clockworkmod. And my mobile data otherwise works fine, just no mms.

Hmm, well I'm out of guesses, lol.

07-29-2011 03:25 PM
    Did you flash the optimus s to optimus v zip? Remember this rom is for sprint, not vm.
    07-29-2011 04:10 PM
    Did you flash the optimus s to optimus v zip? Remember this rom is for sprint, not vm.
    Yes, I flashed that. It says Virgin Mobile on the lock screen and in notification area

07-29-2011 04:26 PM
    just do a wipe and clean flash
    07-29-2011 04:40 PM
    I had to go back to BB 2.4 because the GPS on this is problematic with "Waze" navigation app.
    It wasn't a ROM issue, but a faulty GPS chip. VM is sending me a new phone - yay!
    07-31-2011 08:15 PM
    Am I the only one that phone reboots while streaming a video on YouTube or Internet? Idk why but im on this rom and overclock to 806, any ideas?
    08-01-2011 07:42 PM
    Am I the only one that phone reboots while streaming a video on YouTube or Internet? Idk why but im on this rom and overclock to 806, any ideas?
    You need to clock lower

Sent from my Optimus V
    08-01-2011 08:03 PM
    Does this Rom work with the Lg Optimus V, will it show all the things that are virgin mobile like instead of Sprint name on the Lock Screen will show Virgin Mobile and in the notification bar too when you move it down to see your notifications. also i notice this Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip is that to change everything that is name sprint to virgin, ath3nos_bloat_remover.zip should i run this too since i have the Optimus V
    08-02-2011 12:50 AM
    Does this Rom work with the Lg Optimus V, will it show all the things that are virgin mobile like instead of Sprint name on the Lock Screen will show Virgin Mobile and in the notification bar too when you move it down to see your notifications. also i notice this Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip is that to change everything that is name sprint to virgin, ath3nos_bloat_remover.zip should i run this too since i have the Optimus V
    Yes.

Sent from my Optimus V
    08-02-2011 12:58 AM
    MMS isnt working on my device. When i send it just says sending and when i get one i cant retrieve it. And for some reason its always 30kb.
    08-02-2011 11:15 AM
    MMS isnt working on my device. When i send it just says sending and when i get one i cant retrieve it. And for some reason its always 30kb.
    Make sure you have 3g turned on.
    08-02-2011 05:24 PM
    Make sure you have wifi off and 3g turned on. MMS won't work with wifi.
    I wish people would stop giving out incorrect information.

You can still recieve mms with wifi on as long as you didnt disable your 3g.
    Android is smart people if you just click on the button to turn on wifi 3g stays alive just not active.
    If you receive a signal saying you have a incoming mms it will activate 3g long enough to receive it.
    Also it will turn on long enough to download the file.

If this is not happening there is something wrong with the ROM. PERIOD. I am on wifi 90% of the time and I still ge the nudie pictures from my GF. I also get those stupid chain texts from my ex-wife and cousin.
    08-02-2011 07:42 PM
    If this is not happening there is something wrong with the ROM. PERIOD. I am on wifi 90% of the time and I still ge the nudie pictures from my GF. I also get those stupid chain texts from my ex-wife and cousin.
    Well that's your problem right there. You're not donating them pictures to the project.
    Eollie likes this.
    08-02-2011 08:25 PM
    Every time I install the rom, my SD card fills up quickly, on bumblebee I always have 80 mb, I can't install any of my apps due to the lack of SD card memory, anyone have a clue to my dealio
    08-02-2011 10:15 PM
    Well that's your problem right there. You're not donating them pictures to the project.
    Heh I like getting the booty sorry Blarf.
    08-02-2011 11:25 PM
    Is anyone else using mmarz's Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos on Drew's CM7 builds? I know someone else in this thread said they tried it and it works and another said they were going to try it.

I've been using his last 2 builds for four days now and I think it's the fastest and most full featured ROM I've tried so far. Drew is developing actively and releasing builds every couple of days.

I have experienced a few minor glitches that seem to be related only to porting it to the Optimus V.

I'd be interested in hearing what others are experiencing with Drew's ROM on OV.

I don't know how to script or code but It would be great if we could get Drew's ROM to work as smoothly as it does on the Optimus S.

For that matter does anyone know how mmarz's script works and what files it alters? mmarz, perhaps you could explain?

Thanks-
    08-03-2011 02:09 AM
    Is anyone else using mmarz's Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos on Drew's CM7 builds? I know someone else in this thread said they tried it and it works and another said they were going to try it.

I've been using his last 2 builds for four days now and I think it's the fastest and most full featured ROM I've tried so far. Drew is developing actively and releasing builds every couple of days.

I have experienced a few minor glitches that seem to be related only to porting it to the Optimus V.

I'd be interested in hearing what others are experiencing with Drew's ROM on OV.

I don't know how to script or code but It would be great if we could get Drew's ROM to work as smoothly as it does on the Optimus S.

For that matter does anyone know how mmarz's script works and what files it alters? mmarz, perhaps you could explain?

Thanks-
    Why use a rom not deveolped for your phone?
    The IHO/BACKside rom posted here in this very forum is built off the same source code as Drews and its actually designed for the Optimus V.

But to answer your question, mmarz's zip file changes the key mapping to reflect the keys of the Optimus V, removes all the Sprint branding and replaces it with Virgin Mobile. The bloatware remover does just that removes the files deemed as bloatware by him and a couple other users. Oh yeah I think his zip removes the factory reset option so nobody ends up with a brick from selecting the factory reset.
    08-03-2011 07:44 AM
    The IHO/BACKside rom posted here in this very forum is built off the same source code as Drews and its actually designed for the Optimus V.

But to answer your question, mmarz's zip file changes the key mapping to reflect the keys of the Optimus V, removes all the Sprint branding and replaces it with Virgin Mobile. The bloatware remover does just that removes the files deemed as bloatware by him and a couple other users. Oh yeah I think his zip removes the factory reset option so nobody ends up with a brick from selecting the factory reset.
    Well I'm still using this on simply because I flashed it before IHO was built, and so far I've had no problems. I get around 14 hours out of the battery without any battery saving techniques, and nothing force closes (except the browser, which fc's on every rom).

08-03-2011 08:08 PM
    Looks like this rom is DEAD now:

The good thing is that Drew has picked up and done a lot of work with this. I really think his is much better now than what I can make. Check his ROM out. He has fixed many issues and also has a nice kernel. With his ROM out there and the awsome work he is doing this one is pretty outdated and even if I did sync with IHO repository it would not have a lot of the features Drew has added and fixed.
    thanks to mmarz and ath3nos for their time and work involved
    08-04-2011 12:10 AM
    If you find drew's version and use sprint-ov on it, it works really well, I really like the xionia redux kernel drew did, I I the best combo for me so far has been Jerry's iho with xionia redux
    arhtard likes this.
    08-04-2011 12:24 AM
    If you find drew's version and use sprint-ov on it, it works really well, I really like the xionia redux kernel drew did, I I the best combo for me so far has been Jerry's iho with xionia redux
    Thanks! So if I download drew's version, just follow the same steps in the first post in this thread?

08-04-2011 07:05 AM
    Thanks! So if I download drew's version, just follow the same steps in the first post in this thread?

That is correct
    08-04-2011 08:27 AM

for some of us, the ath3nos build has been much more stable than the Backside rom, which has had many small bugs. it's stil a good build but my phone has never been more smooth than it has using the ath3nos ROM. so personally, i'd rather use the ROM that works the best with my phone whether or not it's specifically built for my phone.
    08-04-2011 09:26 AM
    for some of us, the ath3nos build has been much more stable than the Backside rom, which has had many small bugs. it's stil a good build but my phone has never been more smooth than it has using the ath3nos ROM. so personally, i'd rather use the ROM that works the best with my phone whether or not it's specifically built for my phone.
    Fair enough.
    08-04-2011 09:45 AM
476 ... 1617181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD