476 ... 23456 ...
tools
    i've been running this all day today and i'm just like "wow"
    i love this rom
    i haven't found any issues yet
    hooked up data2ext right away with no problems
    good stuff!
    please don't abandon this one!
    do you recommend data2ext? Is there other programs like it? I've also heard of link2sd. Which would your reccomend? What tutorial would you suggest for a noob?
    07-11-2011 08:42 PM
    i've been running this all day today and i'm just like "wow"
    i love this rom
    i haven't found any issues yet
    hooked up data2ext right away with no problems
    good stuff!
    please don't abandon this one!
    +1 there. I'd hate to see it abandoned. This is a great rom, although not much different than aosp, I think it has it's advantages. I've been running it for a few days noe, and haven't noticed any slow down like aosp gets after a while. The working camera is great. I've only had a couple shut downs of the browser, but I think that's the browser's problem. So far I haven't found any bugs other than the touch screen "bug" that will not bother me. I douple tap to zoom, or sometimes use one hand to pinch, but never cross the axis lines.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-11-2011 08:44 PM
    do you recommend data2ext? Is there other programs like it? I've also heard of link2sd. Which would your reccomend? What tutorial would you suggest for a noob?
    07-11-2011 08:48 PM
    i like link2sd more. you have the option to decide which apps to transfer to sd while data2ext you can't
    07-11-2011 08:57 PM
    After I installed it and did link2sd and loaded 68 apps I still had 134mb left on internal. Does it run kind of slow for anyone else? After I Oc it still lagged a bit. Web pages loaded a little slow, my keyboard really lagged and scrolling was on the slow side
    07-11-2011 09:07 PM
    i like link2sd more. you have the option to decide which apps to transfer to sd while data2ext you can't
    Which tutorial did you use?
    07-11-2011 09:22 PM
    Which tutorial did you use?
    don't really need a tutorial. just boot into recovery and select parition sd card. then install link2sd and select ext3 then reboot.
    07-11-2011 09:31 PM
    i'll post the link to the directions i followed with success.
    i've tried this on quite a few roms with no problems.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...ml#post1047162

these directions worked on Bumblebee, Harmonia 1.3 and this rom - for me. (i had no luck with Reborn)

let me know if you still need help after reading that link
    rockneo likes this.
    07-11-2011 10:25 PM
    what files do i need to upload to UOT Kitchen for themes with this Rom?

framework-res.apk and any others?
    07-11-2011 10:32 PM
    systemui.apk
    07-11-2011 10:37 PM
    what files do i need to upload to UOT Kitchen for themes with this Rom?

framework-res.apk and any others?
    Framework-res.apk and systemui.apk

I would, personally, just use another theme apk. Like androidian.apk or whatever. I don't think it matters which one you start with.
    arhtard likes this.
    07-11-2011 10:37 PM
    The new os to ov zip you made makes it so that the settings key and power key wakes phone but nothing else. Is this by design? I need to do the whole file that makes it so that only the power button wakes the phone. Just have to remember where the directions were as they were obscure in another roms thread lol.
    07-11-2011 10:39 PM
    The new os to ov zip you made makes it so that the settings key and power key wakes phone but nothing else. Is this by design? I need to do the whole file that makes it so that only the power button wakes the phone. Just have to remember where the directions were as they were obscure in another roms thread lol.
    I used my own key setup file, and I dropped the wake up commands for Home, back, and search to avoid pocket wake ups. Menu still wakes it. Here is how you can mod them: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...ware-keys.html

Just add WAKE_DROPPED to the ones you want to wake up the phone.
    Kreatur3 likes this.
    07-11-2011 10:47 PM
    I always use data2ext from the romrepo site. Has never failed me once.

Enable data2ext - ROMRepo

Honestly if your comfortable with inputting a couple commands via adb then all is great and east to do.
    Hell I was able to do it the first go and I dont like using adb unless I have to.
    07-11-2011 10:59 PM
    Anybody know what I could be doing wrong as far as kernels go? If I use AOSP's kernel my wifi doesn't work but I have heard from others it does. Are there more than one kernel downloads available and I'm grabbing the wrong one?
    07-11-2011 11:35 PM
    thanks for the responses on the files needed for UOT

MMarz - I think this rom is awesome!
    I personally like the wake keys mapping you have included

I just want to say thank you for your work and your time.
    07-11-2011 11:44 PM
    thanks for the responses on the files needed for UOT

MMarz - I think this rom is awesome!
    I personally like the wake keys mapping you have included

I just want to say thank you for your work and your time.
    Only thing I changed on the button mapping is turned off settings, volume up, volume down buttons from waking. I like having only the power button waking as it is the hardest button to hit in your pocket.
    Was my favorite option on the reborn rom.
    07-11-2011 11:47 PM
    Fantastic! You always do some awesome mods for the community, thank you mmarz!
    07-11-2011 11:58 PM
    Fantastic! You always do some awesome mods for the community, thank you mmarz!
    I just noticed a bug maybe... I just got a phone call. When it rang, it automatically went to the lock screen. I slid the green bar to answer, and the screen instantly went to sleep. When I hung up the screen flashed a couple times and went back to the lockscreen. Any ideas?

07-12-2011 12:02 AM
    I just noticed a bug maybe... I just got a phone call. When it rang, it automatically went to the lock screen. I slid the green bar to answer, and the screen instantly went to sleep. When I hung up the screen flashed a couple times and went back to the lockscreen. Any ideas
    Could it be the old proximity sensor bug?
    07-12-2011 12:05 AM
    Only thing I changed on the button mapping is turned off settings, volume up, volume down buttons from waking. I like having only the power button waking as it is the hardest button to hit in your pocket.
    Was my favorite option on the reborn rom.
    Just for knowledge sake, I updated all the zips on my keypad thread to edify and I have confirmed they do work on this rom on the S

Only issue is if you are running the S kernel you're home and menu keys will be reversed but if anyone wants to use them they are still there.
    07-12-2011 12:08 AM
    Could it be the old proximity sensor bug?
    Idk, I think the first time I flashed anything that was already fixed. What's the fix for that?

07-12-2011 12:31 AM
    ok i found a problem - sorry

not sure if its only on my install, but..

power button goes to popup screen with the following options only:
    Silent Mode
    Airplane Mode
    Screenshot
    Reboot
    Power Off

now, the power off option only reboots the phone
    i've tried all the options and can't get a power off
    can we get a recovery option instead of screenshot on this popup?
    i can hit recovery if i pull battery and do the 3 key trick or via adb shell

if you want to leave it like this, no biggie
    maybe i can change some scripts? which i don't know, lol

sorry and thanks in advance
    07-12-2011 12:45 AM
    ok i found a problem - sorry

not sure if its only on my install, but..

power button goes to popup screen with the following options only:
    Silent Mode
    Airplane Mode
    Screenshot
    Reboot
    Power Off

now, the power off option only reboots the phone
    i've tried all the options and can't get a power off
    can we get a recovery option instead of screenshot on this popup?
    i can hit recovery if i pull battery and do the 3 key trick or via adb shell

if you want to leave it like this, no biggie
    maybe i can change some scripts? which i don't know, lol

sorry and thanks in advance
    I remember having this problem with aosp, and I never found a fix. I don't turn my phone off though. I think you can hit reboot and then you get an option for recovery.

07-12-2011 12:48 AM
    You click reboot and it gives you three more options, silly. :P
    07-12-2011 12:49 AM
476 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD