12-29-2011 12:17 PM
476 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Added tips and tricks from Zefie's CM7 to the first post, they should all apply to this rom too.

Just did an overnight test on my wifi only bad esn phone, 12 hours and battery is at 93%. Looks like this will be on par with the Froyo rom battery lives.
    07-12-2011 11:33 AM
    Is this still a [WIP] or could u say ur in BETA now?
    07-12-2011 11:45 AM
    160+ character texts are suppose to send regardless of it being 160+ characters. Yes I know I can split it thank you. But whats suppose to happen is I should be able to send the text and by the time it reaches the other phone it should split it self like it use to on every ROM that I ran before. It was like this on AOSP before they fixed MMS. What happens when I try to send a text longer than 160 characters is it just instantly says it failed or couldn't send.
    07-12-2011 11:47 AM
    Is this still a [WIP] or could u say ur in BETA now?
    I can't say anything because I'm not developing the rom itself, just the port from S to V.

From the few issues that still exist, this feels like a beta. I haven't had any FC'es. I can use all of the phone's features.
    07-12-2011 11:52 AM
    160+ character texts are suppose to send regardless of it being 160+ characters. Yes I know I can split it thank you. But whats suppose to happen is I should be able to send the text and by the time it reaches the other phone it should split it self like it use to on every ROM that I ran before. It was like this on AOSP before they fixed MMS. What happens when I try to send a text longer than 160 characters is it just instantly says it failed or couldn't send.
    I added this to the list of known issues. I can't fix this, but it'll at least let other know. You should also check the S thread for updates and the bugs that they report.
    07-12-2011 11:56 AM
    I was just referring to the effort of porting it. The ROM itself I understand ur not deving for.

P.S. thanks for offering choices.
    07-12-2011 11:58 AM
    I was just referring to the effort of porting it. The ROM itself I understand ur not deving for.

P.S. thanks for offering choices.
    It that case, the port is 99% complete IMO. I'm still testing some stuff to see if I should replace other apk files besides mms, but they seem to all work as is. There are only a few places that "Sprint" pops up. It might not be worth the effort if it breaks other things.
    07-12-2011 12:18 PM
    Call settings is the only place, so far, I have seen it still saying Sprint. I really don't care though as it doesn't effect my phone usage.
    07-12-2011 12:31 PM
    By default the split messages is turned on on most roms, including stock.
    So no it doesnt split it once the person receives it. The system will not send a message over 160 characters. This rom is the first one where I had to go and manually change it in the stock mms settings.
    07-12-2011 12:37 PM
    Wifi Issue.

I am using Ath3nos ROM with his included kernel and wifi works great. If I flash Aosps kernel it will no longer connect. Anyone else having this problem? I grabbed the aosp kernel from the thread with all the kernels we have...I assume that there isn't a different version floating around I should use.
    07-12-2011 12:46 PM
    Wifi Issue.

I am using Ath3nos ROM with his included kernel and wifi works great. If I flash Aosps kernel it will no longer connect. Anyone else having this problem? I grabbed the aosp kernel from the thread with all the kernels we have...I assume that there isn't a different version floating around I should use.
    You have mentioned the wifi issue several times.
    Is there a reason for just not using the included kernel?

I also dont think it is a bug with the rom as much as the kernel.
    I would go out on a limb and say its built around the asop rom itself and any modifications to the asop rom or using on another rom makes it wonky.
    07-12-2011 01:06 PM
    Wifi Issue.

using a different kernel often blocks loading modules compiled for the default kernel.
    you'll have to extract the problematic modules from the aosp rom and put them into the rom you're using.
    the modules are named *.ko, you will have to search out where they are located and which you need to copy over. maybe in /system/lib? good luck.
    Kreatur3 likes this.
    07-12-2011 01:19 PM
    using a different kernel often blocks loading modules compiled for the default kernel.
    you'll have to extract the problematic modules from the aosp rom and put them into the rom you're using.
    the modules are named *.ko, you will have to search out where they are located and which you need to copy over. maybe in /system/lib? good luck.
    Those are already included with the kernel zips I made. I don't know why the wifi dies with the aosp kernel. I think if we changed it to an anykernel install, it might work. I'm not sure why you would want to at this point. The battery life is great with the default kernel.
    07-12-2011 01:38 PM
    When trying to use the camera via the hard key. It reboots the phone.
    Im using the old keyswap and s to v zips.

Button remapper doesnt show a power key bound to it.
    Ill check and see if its just the camera causing a hard boot.

ETA

Ok so its caused by the app lge camera.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling. hoping that fixes it.
    07-12-2011 01:38 PM
    When trying to use the camera via the hard key. It reboots the phone.
    Im using the old keyswap and s to v zips.

Button remapper doesnt show a power key bound to it.
    Ill check and see if its just the camera causing a hard boot.
    That is usually a sign you are overclocking too high. Try setting the max to 600 and see if it does the same thing.
    07-12-2011 01:39 PM
    Im not sure if this is a known issue. With this rom and with aosp. As soon as I instal and boot up my SD cards memory starts disappearing. I've wiped and reinstalled several times and tried different gapps also no matter what it goes to zero. And I now I have space left. Anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-12-2011 01:41 PM
    Eollie I mentioned it twice now. Last time I didn't get an answer and it was shortly after we had had this available. Some had mentioned that wifi was working with this rom and aosp. I am using the default kernel I was really just curious if anyone else was having this bug. Figured I might get more insight since there has been more time for people using this rom.

Thanks for your constructive thoughts on this issue. While that is more in depth than I want to go with it I'm glad someone had some insight. Still don't get why, from what you explained, it would work for some and not for others but that is a day in the life of an android user and an unofficial rom.
    mmarz likes this.
    07-12-2011 01:45 PM
    Not an issue, but watch out for the privacy menu guys, the evil one is in there. >
    07-12-2011 01:48 PM
    Ok now im just getting force closes on whenever trying to use the camera.
    Gonna try a reflash later.
    I hate having to reinstall data2ext.
    That alone makes me hate reflashing roms lol.
    07-12-2011 02:14 PM
    Eollie I mentioned it twice now. Last time I didn't get an answer and it was shortly after we had had this available. Some had mentioned that wifi was working with this rom and aosp. I am using the default kernel I was really just curious if anyone else was having this bug. Figured I might get more insight since there has been more time for people using this rom.
    I apologize for using the wrong term. I guess it just seems like you asked about it more then once or Im confusing another thread.

As you are aware of not all phones are created equal. Some might be able to handle higher clock speeds while others wont and perform just as well at that lower clock speed. That might be the issue with wifi. Honestly if the kernel included is getting awesome results I see no reason to change it, ya know if it aint broke dont fix it. :d

Again apologize for possibly confusing multiple threads.
    07-12-2011 02:20 PM
    That is usually a sign you are overclocking too high. Try setting the max to 600 and see if it does the same thing.
    I thought hmm lemme check that and see.
    So apparently at some point I bumped my clock speed to 844...why? Dont ask me.
    I do things in my sleep that amaze me. /rolleyes

Now to find that dang lge camera app again lol.
    07-12-2011 02:22 PM
    When I use the camera in zoom mode the pictures have a green line along the side. Has anybody else noticed this? No line in video replay however.
    07-12-2011 03:25 PM
    When I use the camera in zoom mode the pictures have a green line along the side. Has anybody else noticed this? No line in video replay however.
    Yeah I have noticed the green line although I don't zoom too much. It was talked about on the official thread for this ROM on the OS. I'm sure that when it gets a fix we will have the fix also. I'm just happy zoom works. If I need to I can always use my photo edit program on my phone to crop out the green line.
    nascar2428 likes this.
    07-12-2011 03:32 PM
    Not an issue, but watch out for the privacy menu guys, the evil one is in there. >
    Thanks for reminding me of that. I just updated the Sprint-to-OV zip file to remove the factory reset option before the fit hit the shan.
    arhtard and Kreatur3 like this.
    07-12-2011 03:35 PM
    mmarz, to update with the changes you've made, should i just flash the Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip over everything i have right now? i've been using it for 2 days now and i'm not sure if i should do a reflash. of course i'd wipe cache and dalvik before.
    07-12-2011 03:59 PM
476 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD