12-29-2011 11:17 AM
476 ... 56789 ...
tools
    mmarz, to update with the changes you've made, should i just flash the Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip over everything i have right now? i've been using it for 2 days now and i'm not sure if i should do a reflash. of course i'd wipe cache and dalvik before.
    You don't need to wipe anything. Just flash it over your current setup. The only change is the privacy menu.
    07-12-2011 03:24 PM
    You don't need to wipe anything. Just flash it over your current setup. The only change is the privacy menu.
    Mmarz you rock. Even though this isn't a ROM developed for our phone or by you you are doing a great job of supporting the part it that you created for our phone. Between the actively developed rom and your work on our side this is easily my favorite rom to use. Thanks for adding it to a great list of options already available to our phones.
    07-12-2011 04:02 PM
    First Gingerbread ROM I have tried thanks for everything. Only problem I have run into, my contacts are tripled, but from a bit of research it might have to do with Gmail/Google itself not the ROM.
    07-12-2011 04:15 PM
    Just re flashed to original setup because wifi would crash after a while with AOSP. I thought it would work fine, but after 10~ minutes it crashes and gets stuck at obtaining IP, oh well, stock kernel works fine .
    07-12-2011 04:20 PM
    Just re flashed to original setup because wifi would crash after a while with AOSP. I thought it would work fine, but after 10~ minutes it crashes and gets stuck at obtaining IP, oh well, stock kernel works fine .
    WOOT! I mean that sucks. Got excited because someone else had a similar issue as I did lol. I tried and failed to use aosps. The xionia 14 that is in by default works well...I had just wanted to try aosps due to it being for our phone. Oh well it works great regardless.
    07-12-2011 04:28 PM
    WOOT! I mean that sucks. Got excited because someone else had a similar issue as I did lol. I tried and failed to use aosps. The xionia 14 that is in by default works well...I had just wanted to try aosps due to it being for our phone. Oh well it works great regardless.
    Hahaha xD. In fact, this ROM is sooo much better than AOSP's ROM in general. better battery life, more features are fixed, and the cool boot logo :P.
    07-12-2011 05:11 PM
    Hahaha xD. In fact, this ROM is sooo much better than AOSP's ROM in general. better battery life, more features are fixed, and the cool boot logo :P.
    I completely agree. While I appreciate what aosp has done for us to have a gb rom option, along with zefie, I must say this one is running the best of the 3 so far. Thank god for mmarz trying to make zefies work with mms and then, sorry forgot the name, figuring out mmarz mms file fix worked on ath3nos.

Not sure if you have seen this but this thread has a lot of options for lockscreens, dialers, and other stuff. Has the same boot animation as is included with Ath3nos but you have other color combinations. More options is good.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1013757
    07-12-2011 05:15 PM
    damn i just tried mms for mine.. it doenst work for me.. anyhelp.
    07-12-2011 05:41 PM
    damn i just tried mms for mine.. it doenst work for me.. anyhelp.
    I know mine works but just tried a test of sending one to myself and I haven't even gotten it yet. Maybe vm is having issues again. Happens more than is comforting lol.
    07-12-2011 05:54 PM
    So do I flash just this one zip, or everything again?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-12-2011 06:12 PM
    So do I flash just this one zip, or everything again?

Flash that one.

Ok after flashing that updated s to ov file my mms isn't working either. Did a clean install of the whole thing.

Go figure I deleted the previous versions so I can't even go back to make sure it's the update.
    Anybody have the original files for the s to ov and then the key swap files?

07-12-2011 06:15 PM
    probably something wrong with the network. can't mms on aosp right now
    07-12-2011 06:22 PM
    probably something wrong with the network. can't mms on aosp right now
    Cool thanks for reporting, making 3 of us I'll recant my statement about mmarz's latest file being broken. Sorry man.
    07-12-2011 06:25 PM
    i'm currently messaging several people without issues, i'm using the 01120 prl.
    not sure if the prl has anything to do with it
    just wanted to say that i'm not having issues atm with mms to help out in some weird way
    07-12-2011 06:25 PM
    Why is this ROM so much bigger than aosp? It's 30mb larger, perhaps due to media (ringtones, bootanimation, wallpapers, etc)? It's so much larger I can't install all the apps I had installed on aospCMod.

What's up with the FM Radio app, I don't think our radio is capable of receiving FM is it?

Very nice work, I like the extras, but I'm dissappointed with the lack of space.
    07-12-2011 06:29 PM
    i'm currently messaging several people without issues, i'm using the 01120 prl.
    not sure if the prl has anything to do with it
    just wanted to say that i'm not having issues atm with mms to help out in some weird way
    One of these days I need to change my prl to the latest hyrbrid or whatever it is that is out now.
    I haven't tried it yet but I hear it is well worth trying.
    07-12-2011 06:31 PM
    One of these days I need to change my prl to the latest hyrbrid or whatever it is that is out now.
    I haven't tried it yet but I hear it is well worth trying.
    i'm not sure which one to use now or to recommend
    i was researching and read several places that 01120 is being changed and Sprint was doing some region prls. i really didnt understand what i was reading, i was in a hurry at the time. from what i gathered it was best to use 60679 right now, but i'm running fine on 01120 with extra coverage. i went to another town that i had no coverage in on 60679 and had 3/5 bars with 01120.

anyway, let me know what you find out kreatur3 =)
    07-12-2011 06:39 PM
    I can't send mms on reborn right now too.

Jerry, I don't know why there is a radio app either. Our phones do not have that capability. There are lots of extra ringtones and junk included with this, but you can easily delete them once you decide which ones you like.
    JerryScript likes this.
    07-12-2011 06:40 PM
    Jerry you need to get link2sd I still had 140mb after 70ish apps were installed
    JerryScript likes this.
    07-12-2011 06:48 PM
    Why is this ROM so much bigger than aosp? It's 30mb larger, perhaps due to media (ringtones, bootanimation, wallpapers, etc)? It's so much larger I can't install all the apps I had installed on aospCMod.

What's up with the FM Radio app, I don't think our radio is capable of receiving FM is it?

Very nice work, I like the extras, but I'm dissappointed with the lack of space.
    I noticed a lot of crap included so I opened up the zip with 7zip and deleted a bunch of junk out of the system/app/ folder which cut down the size of the zip by around 15 mb. I don't know where the ringtones are but you can probably go in and delete those too. There is also cm7 wallpaper apk in the system/app folder I removed and since they added that nexus style live wallpaper the livewallpaper.apk is larger too.
    07-12-2011 06:56 PM
    Hmm, I've been using apps2sd ever since I got the phone, guess I'll finally have to switch to one of the better 2sd methods. I have 111 user apps and these gingerbread ROMs add 70-80 system apps, so I definitely need more space. Thanks!

Anyone tried the tweaks mmarz and francisofranco created?
    07-12-2011 06:58 PM
    I personally haven't used their tweaks but using link2sd with a 1gb ext3 partition I never run out of space. Then again I also delete out the apps I don't need from system. Damn their email app and the 3 or 4 live wallpaper apps on top of others...lol
    07-12-2011 07:00 PM
    Wired headset does work! Woot

07-12-2011 08:27 PM
    Hmm, I've been using apps2sd ever since I got the phone, guess I'll finally have to switch to one of the better 2sd methods. I have 111 user apps and these gingerbread ROMs add 70-80 system apps, so I definitely need more space. Thanks!

Anyone tried the tweaks mmarz and francisofranco created?
    You made the switch Jerry? From aosp to this rom

Sent from my Optimus V
    07-12-2011 09:02 PM
    I can't get the USB Tether to work. when I try to turn it on it tells me it's that I have to plug the usb in which I ready had. It's just not seeing it. maybe debugging should be off?
    07-12-2011 09:08 PM
476 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD